Why do people drink coffee? It's bitter unless you add an obscene amount of milk and doesn't taste good

Why do people drink coffee? It's bitter unless you add an obscene amount of milk and doesn't taste good.

Then you get addicted to caffeine when it does nothing but give you a placebo effect and headaches if you stop drinking it.

>not liking bitter things

Get the fuck out of here.

I like dark chocolate.
And life is bitter enough so why intentionally add more bitterness.

Not all coffee is bitter.

You sir or madam are a dumbass coffee is amazing it can be bitter yeah but it's still good I personally like my coffee a little bitter

I like the way it tastes and I don't mind being addicted to things. Caffeine is the least addictive of the things I'm addicted to.

Giant man child complains about things that taste yucky. Makes a bunch of baseless assumptions on yucky thing

I drink milk coffee and it doesn't help.
Just because I don't do your hobbies doesn't make me a manchild or I suppose I'm one because I don't do adult things like smoke either

I like the bitter taste, it's an acquired taste.
Dark chocolate isn't my favourite to eat but I do love plain old black coffee.

I'm not calling you a manchild for not liking coffee, im calling you a manbaby because you're wining about other people enjoying the taste of something.

I drink my coffee black and I enjoy the taste of it. I'm not addicted to caffeine, and if I were to stop drinking it I might get a mild headache for half an hour for a day or 2. Coffee still wakes me up fully in the mornings, its not a placebo affect.

There thats why I like coffee.

If you don't like milk coffee than why are you drinking it?

Caffeine only works on people with caffeine addiction.
A normal person is 100% awake but a caffeine-addict is 70% and needs to fuel his addiction to reach 100% wokeness.

literally the opposite of hoe caffeine wrks you mongoloid

PEE PEE POO POO >:(

>Caffeine only works on people with caffeine addiction.

Surely no one is this ignorant. Drink a double espresso and tell me caffeine only works on people who are already addicted to it.

I drank coffee at night and still slept normally
It's a fake placebo marketing scam that everyone falls for.

>you don't like something I like, so you're a dumbass

You know you can make coffee that's not bitter, right?

You might have ADHD. Stimulants have the reverse effect on people who are hyper active.

I like the taste. It doesnt have to be bitter even.

I even drink decaf in the evenings just because I like the taste. I just use a little bit of milk.

Here's how it works:
>caffeine stimulates brain
>brain works more than normal but cannot afford to get worn out
>Caffeinated brain slows itself down with fatigue neurotransmitters to get back to normal state
>as a result of high consumption, caffeine addicted brain have a residual level of fatigue neurotransmitters at wake that makes them more tired than normal
>thus they need their caffeine shot to reach basic normal wake state, readily available to non addicts

There's an obvious misconception going around here. You mistakenly assume caffeine makes you MORE awake, but that's not actually how it works. Caffeine has no mechanism to make you feel more awake or more alert than you already are, what caffeine does is slow down the process of getting tired. This is why everybody drinks coffee in the early morning, and this is also why coffee doesn't seem to be "effective" when you drink it at night after you're already tired as fuck.

Now there are also some addiction related side-effects, but those are the result of the addiction itself rather than the caffeine. Your body becomes dependent upon the caffeine to slow down tiredness, and isn't as effective at dealing with it normally without caffeine, so you seem to get tired way too fast.

Not everyone has the same palate, how do you not know this.

>when it does nothing but give you a placebo effect
um, what?

You are retarded for pulling shit out of your ass wtih no research, caffeine doesnt give you energy it delays the state of drowsiness because the adenosine receptors (which are responsible for triggering drowsiness when the concentration of adenosine is too high) in your brain have a higher affinity for caffeine than adenosine. This means someone who has consumed caffeine has the same ceiling for alertness as someone who doesnt when controlled for other factors.

A 4 second google search followed by 2 mins of reading some literature would have told you this; think about how stupid it is that you cant spend such a small amount of time.

A lot of people tend to over extract their coffee. Things like cold brew are only exasperating this.

>It's bitter unless you add an obscene amount of milk and doesn't taste good.
How about you wait until you're 18 before you come back here to post

Only unseasoned coffee is bitter. A small pinch of salt makes yummy black coffee.

well you see user the problem is that you have a child's palate and still think sweet/salty/fatty things are the only ones that taste good

maybe when you grow up you'll learn to appreciate bitter things too! :)

>Why do people drink coffee?

To perform better at work and get energy for recrational activities, and milk + coffee can taste delicious based on how you make it.

People who don't drink coffee and DEADBEATS who are only achieving 50% of their potential. But coffee is also a known good-thing for your heart, kidneys etc.

I like the bitterness you fucking philistine.

Stop drinking soda - you're taste buds will change.

t. former fat fuck

French Press coffee over steamed milk

I don't drink soda, only water for me.

Placebo

>Placebo
Nonsense. Uppers are directly tied with increased productivity. The enlightenment and industrial revolution came right out the ass of europe starting to drink coffee

>People who don't drink coffee and DEADBEATS who are only achieving 50% of their potential.
Some people react badly to caffeine though, it just makes them feel bad even in small amounts. Plus some people drink way too much and end up with a mild addiction the point where they can't function without coffee, it stops giving them a boost and just lets them function normally which isn't a good thing.

>The enlightenment and industrial revolution came right out the ass of europe starting to drink coffee
instead of alcohol*. Coffee does give some people energy and let them work longer but when you have a bunch of alcoholics and then make them stop drinking they'll be more productive anyway even if they don't start drinking coffee.

> Never liked coffee but I love the smell so I've tried just about everything known to man.
> Just hate it no matter what.
> Move to New England area of US where coffee is GOD
> Everyone stares at me like I just revealed myself to be child rapist when I say I don't drink coffee
> Feels bad, man.

Owwrite lads.
Which one does the best plain black coffee?

>faggy weak arabica espresso
>"but it's double!"
>nothing times two
Lol just drink 0.3L of robusta drip you faggot

>delays drowsiness
>doesn't therefore give you energy

Are you so stupid that you can't tell the difference between chemical energy (calories) and drowsiness (a mental state)?

Do you think anger is the same thing as vitamins too? It's completely absurd to conflate the two.

Coffee isnt bitter. It taste more like a peanut than bitter

>you like something don't I like, so you're a dumbass

Are you so stupid that you don't know words until your favorite YouTube/twitch faggot uses them? Get the fuck outta here retard redit boi

Dude.

>Then you get addicted to caffeine when it does nothing but give you a placebo effect
t. Guy that doesn't know what the Placebo effect is

Just get Pumpkin Spice latte, it's the season

>muh palate
everyone has the same tastebuds. But for real, you aren't putting chocolate milk in your coffee why?

add some vanilla almond milk
pic related changed my life.

>OP drinks fast food coffee and drip coffee from a diner
>"waaah coffee is gross it's so bitter!"

>Wait twenty minutes for coffee to become a temperature that wont cover the inside of my body with burn marks
>Finally decide to take a sip and it peels the skin of my mouth off with the insane heat
>Decide to wait five minutes and try again
>It's ice cold and tastes like the bottom of a janitor's shoe

You're brewing way too hot if that's the case. I can brew a cup and drink it immediately.

>drip coffee from a diner
What's the issue?

I make my own coffee every morning. But for when I'm out and about, and all 3 are close by. which is the best?

I'm guessing it's not Starbucks because I've had it before and it was bad. But I've never tried the other two, so you have to tell me.

It tastes good. Grow a palette.

Coffee for me is just a treat with cream and sugar. also it makes sure that I don't fall asleep during the day for maximum productiveness. Black coffee is gross.

>palette

>I'm guessing it's not Starbucks because I've had it before and it was bad.
you're like a little baby

Why do anons feel this obscene desire for attention? Didn't your mother love you enough? Coffee is bitter, why make a thread about it, unless you're desperate for someone to talk to?

Actual good quality coffee can have rich fruity cherry/apple notes among others. Just a reminder that not all coffee is the starbucks charred cardboard you probably tried.

What? Why?
It was called Pike's Place blend or something. Bad cup of coffee. Mcdonald's coffee was quite a bit better.

So what I'm asking is, is Costa or Nero's standard black any better? Or should I always stick to Maccy Ds when out and about?

not him but
>where can I get a cheap shitty cup of coffee?
Literally fuck yourself. Visit a local coffee shop that roasts it's own beans every other day. Don't have one of those? Eat At Sheetz, flyover.

Waking up early in the morning and having a cup of hot deep black joe is one of the best things one can experience in life.

Jesus Christ why do you autists have to throw a hissy fit when it comes to even the simplest of questions?
I didn't ask "where can I get a good artisinal cup of meme coffee?"
I asked "Out of Starbucks, Costa and Caffe Nero, which standard black coffee is the best?" If you think they're all pretty much the same, just say so. What's so difficult about that?

bitter is tasty. I'd suggest cutting out sugar for a week

Just add less boiling water, and instead add a little bit of cold water until you get the right temperature.

only if you're not a wagie tbqh

Anyone else use a bialetti? Just got one and I'm liking it a lot so far except I burn my coffee sometimes

>thinking that because he doesn't like something no one must like it
Is it autism?

Coffee made with water tastes like shit. Use milk as base and then mix in a little cream or sugar to sweeten.

>tfw broke my french press (my dishes drying stand thing collapsed) so I didn't drink coffee today
jesus christ it's like a migraine

because adult palates find the bitterness fascinating and intoxicating. just a little milk to cut the acidity. heaven. most like the caffeine. i dont tolerate it, so i drink decaf, from peets, once a month or so.

>get addicted to caffeine

There's literally nothing wrong with ingesting caffeine moderately everyday. The idea that taking any psychoactive substance regularly=bad is simply puritanical horseshit. It's bad if it's lots of alcohol, or benzos, or heroin.

But not wanting to drink coffee because of "addiction" to caffeine is a psychological hang-up, not in any way a legit health concern, as it would be with alc, heroin, etc.

And you are a mental child not to understand the difference between ingesting caffeine regularly and ingesting powerful chemicals regularly.

How long have you been reliant on coffee?

Are you obese and/or 9 years old? Answer honestly ok

Actually since I've gone off soda I've started to notice the nuances in coffee, even the more bitter ones. Some coffees are pretty gross to me, but for example, I just recently bought a bag of this stuff, used my ceramic burr grinder to grind it into a course grind, then steeped it in my french press, and I'll be god damned if it isn't some of the mildest, most pleasant coffee I've made. It's not bitter at all. Easy to drink black.

I really want to get into cold brew but holy shit some of it tastes like flat craft beer.

Almond milk goes amazingly well with coffee. I like it more than real milk.

I love the taste of it. I don't drink it for any other reason. I try and limit my intake because apparently it makes semen taste like trash, and I'd rather have head than coffee.

>rather have head than coffee.

when will the coffee-lets GET OUT

#humblebrag

a year

>bitter is bad

Stop eating cheeseburgers and candy you fat american

>does nothing but give you a placebo effect
And an education while you're at it