What are some great writers that you barely see mentioned here...

What are some great writers that you barely see mentioned here? Let's discover / recomend some "not so usually mentioned" names here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnrBQEAM3rE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im gonna be honest, i see pretty much all corners of the globe being mentioned here. gg Veeky Forums

nobody talks about specific religious/spiritual writers though. good luck having a decent discussion about gurdjieff on Veeky Forums or public internet forums in general

Per Petterson, richard ford, saul bellow,

this MUH WHITE GUILT cuck is by no means great.

I want to read some Bellow. What do you suggest?

my favourite was the adventures of augie march.
Fantastic coming of age story.

>gurdjieff
Kek. Yes, we should also get into Hubbard and Castaneda.

Great. Thanks, user.

james joyce

Honeslty, I find few writers as boring and pointless as Coetzee. Though I haven't read his most popular work, "Disgrace"

Disgrace is the only book of his that I have read. It's self-consciously literary and academic, but that's also thematically important. I don't have a lot of time for leisure reading (working on PhD), but this was the first book in a long time that genuinely moved me. It may be that academic background of the main character interested me or that I was naturally sympathetic to his situation (a frustrated teacher of romantic literature), but the intense anger and frustration that he has to cope with following the violence that occurs to his family is, I think, more general and human. I really liked it.

I'd contribute to the thread but fucking hell Coetzee is normalfaggotry

Sage. Hidden.

Does anyone have a rec on Noam Chomsky?

I barely know anything about him, but i want to have a better understanding of how society/elites manipulate the world around them

youtube.com/watch?v=AnrBQEAM3rE

Right, i had forgotten that was actually a book. Thanks.
Are his other works also about similar stuff, or what?

Well, he has works about a wide arrange of themes. But if you're interested in this theme, he has a pretty good work about it.

Doris Lessing.

Russell Hoban

Mikhail Sholokhov

Julian Barnes

I've never seen any Stendhal pos here

William Vollmann

he's being posted here more and more. in a few months time he'll be one of our biggest memes

he should be the recipient of the nobel prize for literature to make amends for giving one to dylan