The recipe has been past down from generation to generation and is a family guarded secret

>the recipe has been past down from generation to generation and is a family guarded secret

The family guard it?

>the family member who allegedly made the recipe did so using ingredients that weren't available in his country

>I don't need to write down the recipe, I have it in my head!

>and the secret ingredient is...
>there are no secret ingredient

>the secret ingredient is love

>secret ingredient is more rum

>needing a recipe for something you've made before
Shitters, the lot of you.

>tell nobody okay? the secret ingredient is...
>salt

>degenerate weeb incapable of understanding the value of family tradition
Unsurprising.

STOP POSTING THIS THREAD!!!

>now I know it may sound weird to put salt in a desert....

>-2 Tbsp oil (for frying)

>butter

>the recipe calls for jelly and ketchup
>it's been passed down for generations

>just a TOUCH of olive oil

A friend of mine balked at my mention of using salt in my coffee. Now the same friend uses it all the time.

I dont see anything wrong with any of this stuff. whats so funny about a secret recipe?

GLUG GLUG GLUGG

it implies that your shit cooking is special and unique and that your minor modifications to the traditional recipe are in any way significant

like spa-peggy and meatballs from king of the hill. normal spaghetti. with a tiny bit of sugar and parmesan added. wao whata secret ingredient.

>like spa-peggy and meatballs from king of the hill. normal spaghetti. with a tiny bit of sugar and parmesan added. wao whata secret ingredient.
heh stay mad faggot

Every time I've ever heard that said, the food was always shit. For example, my wife's stuffing. Don't tell her I said that. But Stovetop would destroy her stuffing (that takes 3 hours to make) in a taste test.

It's awkward when you are better in the kitchen than your wife, but you can't say so because it would discourage her from cooking.

>the families secret recipe to the great pea soup is in an underground city, beneath the basement
>have to fight hoards of undead creatures among the great guardian to get the recipe

I think I'll stick with my bologna sandwich tonight.

There should be a movie about restaurant owners who will do anything to protect their secret recipe. Imagine The Prestige but with restaurant owners.

Did you at least enjoy watching your wife's stuffing?

>2 shots of vodka

>dude its just a minor change
literally any change to a basic recipe is a huge one and the very fact that you didn't think of that "minor change" when you always make that recipe means that the secret is important

I once dated a girl whose mom use to cook amazing collard green mixture. She also cooked other things, but there was something special about those greens.
So I asked her for the recipe, and she outright refused to give it to me. "You'll have to marry my daughter if you want in on the recipe."
Yeah like that's going to happen.

The only other time I met someone who made legendary food was this girl who cooked these incredible cookies. I asked for the recipe, and she gave it to me easily.
Except when I cooked it exactly the way she described, they tasted noticeably different.
Bitch left out/changed one of the ingredients. That shit pisses me off even more, because it actually gives you a glimmer of hope before you're totally crushed.

I've met a Haitian from New Oleans who believed his family cooking for gumbo was so good, it deserved to be shared with everyone. So he posted the recipe in its entirety on allrecipes. His family found out and blasted him in the comments.

But why wouldn't you want to share great tasting food with as many people as possible? It's a simple way to bring happiness to others.

I enjoy stuffing his wife :0)

>those people that think I will steal their recipe and try to profit with it

kek

>So how much of [ingredient] do I use?
>I dunno I always wing it

Why didn't you marry her daughter?

>measuring things
lol, I bet you get your recipes from the internet

Nah I always wing it myself, but you can't use spoiler tags on this board for some reason.

Actually, let me rephrase, I wing it for cooking, but I measure for baking. The smallest thing can fuck over a cake or cookies and you'd never pinpoint it without measurements, but for most cooking you can get by.

Saying "just wing it" is fine if it's something that you can slowly add at the end and keep tasting to see if it needs more, but if it's something that you add at the beginning you should at least give a rough estimate.

That's why I got a scale when I started getting more into making bread. Inconsistencies with measuring flour in a cup made it hard to get the same texture of bread each time.

>But why wouldn't you want to share great tasting food with as many people as possible?
Maybe because it makes them feel like people will think of them less often. Instead of thinking "Hey I should go visit this person for that good food they make" they'll just make the food themselves.

Because he is a faggot.

>past down
>past
Dumb weeb.

Wa?

Always thought this is retarded concept.
Especially since white people stopped having children.

9/10 it's usually just extra butter when it was cooked or sugar in the sauce.

>no recipe, I'm winging it!

goddammit m8 i hate that crud, also when they do not specify what kind of oil, really gets the pistons firing

ill give your wife a good stuffing.........recipe

I once killed so my Mama's fish fry mix wouldn't be known.
Lonely with out my sis.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?

>eggplant instead of courgette

Check out The Green Butchers. It's somewhat related and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

>closely guarded family recipe
>secret ingredient is Ritz crackers

Especially since half of these fags probably make the same shit every other day

>the secret is salt and pepper

>don't tell her I said that

Nigga none of us know your wife.

Fucking this.
>Wow, this actually tastes quite good, whats in it?
>the secret ingrediense is love
I want to attack these people

>salt in coffee
How has nobody assaulted you yet?

Secret Italian sauce.
NiBBa it was butter

You're not substituting salt for sugar in the same amounts, but a tiny bit of it can help cut bitterness. Like how people put salt in desserts, it's not really there to make it taste salty, but it makes stuff taste sweeter by removing some bitterness.