Poll: Should Starman (Telsa Roadster Dummy) be the official mascot of Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/84f1kr2s
youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M
youtube.com/watch?v=b8l121LGlWU
youtube.com/watch?v=WXjrGTzAbXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is he thinking about in this exact moment?

he thinks his spaceship knows which way to go

moments away from having the full earth in frame!

also, the cameras recording are custom-made space-specific RED Gemini S35 5K(!) 30.72mm x 18mm cameras.

They're downloading the full res as the compressed stuff streams.

Should be quite the video when they release the raw 5k 12hr long space opus...

strawpoll.com/84f1kr2s

The First Human to go to Mars is going to be a dummy driving an electric car. Fucking AMAZING!

Nothing. He's a dummy.

>first human
>dummy

No, I fucking hate Elongated Muskrat.

Yes

you are conflating science and engineering my dude

We finally have our defining meme.

Thank You, user!

when will it B00ST?

STARMAN FOR FEBRUARY 2018 MEME OF THE MONTH!!!

Is this really how long it takes for satellites heading for Mars to accelerate?

UPDATE ON POLLING!

>Yes -
> No -

They haven't done the last burn yet.

when will it B00ST ?

~1 hour or so

I hear about 30mins

Absolutely....YES!

One of the spook agencies, like No Such Agency, wanted them to demonstrate something in parking orbit so thats why they are in parking orbit longer than usual.

that's correct, he's a known conservative

maybe it can be a player for Veeky Forums in the 4CC

what the fuck was the point of that? they couldn't find a better payload to send? jesus what a waste.

>implying brain Wojack isn't already the official mascot

official mascot of reddit

Well, if you think about it, it's a brilliant marketing move for Elon. The car he sent to Mars is a car available for purchase from his own company. I imagine there'll be a bunch of guys buying that shit because they can brag that the car they're riding in was the same one that went to space.

Also its cool.

NRO does shit in space, don't know what the NSA would be doing there
that model Roadster is no longer available

Yes. Memes aside, Elon Musk is a visionary who will be remembered well in history books for hundreds of years, and this is such a historymaking image that it deserves to be the new mascot.

>better payload
like a giant block of concrete?

My bad, it wasn't one of the spook agencies, it was just the Chair Force
>was initially placed in Earth parking orbit, still attached to the Falcon Heavy second stage. After a longer-than-usual six-hour coast phase through the Van Allen radiation belt (thereby demonstrating a new capability requested by the U.S. Air Force for direct GEO insertion of heavy intelligence satellites), the second stage reignited for the Earth-escape trajectory

Go back to reading your dork books you fuckin nerd.

I was thinking more like the frozen viscera slurry of people who bitched about the payload and tried to virtue signal about it.

I like it.

Starman burning out his fuse up there alone

What kind of effect will the Sun and solar radiation have on the car and Starman?

He's a rocketman

ROCKETMAN

as soon as it got outside of Earth's magnetosphere it started receiving more radiation
at the very least it'll fade the paint

>Starman

Here am I sitting in a Tesla
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Where are the Flat Earthers to debunk the round Earth in the footage? Kek

they never said the flat earth is square though... maybe is just a round flat earth... dont confuse round with spherical

Except that if the Earth were a flat disk like flattards claim you'd be able to see all the continents at once, and because you'd see all the surface area at once it would appear much much larger

They're just claiming it's CG, like they usually do when shown evidence they can't explain otherwise.

A ROCK... IT MAN

What's interesting is that the technology to fake things like the moon landings and early space stations didn't actually exist. Then when you bring up things like footage of astronauts doing motions which would be impossible with pulleys inside Skylab, which is too big to be a microgravity jet, they resort to creationist-tier levels of cognitive dissonance.

>StarMan

"Don't panic."

for heer am i sitin on a tin car
faaaar abov the wolrd
planent erth is blu
and there nothin i can doo

>hurr durr let's use a super expensive satellite as the payload in a test launch, surely that makes sense
shut the fuck up

The boy who got it rite

that thing will maybe arrive to mars in a couple of million years you retard

>virtue signal
what is this virgin concept, i get laid i do not know it, please explain it to me and i may share the knowledge of how to interact with the opposite sex

No, fucking KYS muskfaggot

based STARMAN is new god

5K footage when?

perhaps never. SpaceX posted the whole stream on their YT page, but it's just 1080p.

they might be saving it for something special, same with the juiciest of landing / crashing footage

>Starman
Veeky Forums has spoken

No fuck off we already have Kurisu

anyone else see the luchador mask in the key fob

I'll save up on tissue for when I cum watching it

I'd buy one if I had the money

Yes

yes

Yes.

>Starman
live feed:
youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

remake of intro to "Heavy Metal" (1981)
youtube.com/watch?v=b8l121LGlWU

>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Shilly McShillface reporting for duty

Sure I like it.

No because Tesla is a hack

>Tesla
meant musk

Holy fuckkk I ALREADY had a screengrab from the compressed stream as my wallpaper. This is gonna be glorious.

no

Meanwhile on alien Veeky Forums

>You cunts didn't believe it, but they actually managed to land the boosters
>why don't we enslave them already? fucking waste of oxygen
>AHAHAHAHAH THEY COULDN'T EVEN SAVE THE CORE HAHAHA
> >creatures on this planet have available food and they haven't even been to another planet yet
>I'm really happy for these guys, maybe they won't annihilate themselves afterall
>spend tons of their planet's resources to put a FUCKING GROUND TRANSPORT MACHINE in space FOR NO REASON, what a retarded species
> >ywn be born in a primitive era and be the first alien to put a car in space for fun

The current banner is cute and all but maybe an updated one would be nice utilizing this

>Should Starman be the official mascot of Veeky Forums
Yes

And Kurisu is the Veeky Forums official waifu

YES

← 73-to-28 for Starman

farewell Starman

This is Elon Musk to Starman Joe

youtube.com/watch?v=WXjrGTzAbXw

No, he's already the mascot of Reddit

She isn't the Veeky Forums mascot. She is the Veeky Forums waifu

Thank you, Starman! For teaching Humanity how to love again!

>Live
>"Streamed live on Feb 6, 2018"

>Starman

Space... No gibs, no niggers. Feels comfy, man.

>only pretending to be retarded

Post your Starman memes

*Photoshops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, because he's incredible mainstream and already the figure all the "I fucking love science" guys identify with. Too bad that it is that way, given Ol Musky is a good guy, but it is.

ayy lmao

>Starman