I accidentally used an entire bottle of wine instead of the recommended 1 cup

I accidentally used an entire bottle of wine instead of the recommended 1 cup.
How ruined is my stew

It's fucked.

At least you'll get tipsy from it

It's gonna be even better if anything.

I hope so. if this turns out inedible I'm never winging it again.

Freeze your stew, then use parts of it to flavour new future batches of the same stew which you have made completely without wine.

Sometimes I make stew with only beer as liquid and it's fucking delicious so unless you didn't have nearly enough meat, vegetables or starch it should be fine.

could I cook it without a lid and add water as it reduces or would that do fuck-all?

If your liquid/solid ratio is unreasonably high you could take the lid partly or completely off to let more of the water evaporate.
Just keep an eye on it if you do that to avoid having it dry out or burn.

Just reduce it.

It would help. Use some butter and test for acidity.. if its too acid add a pinch or too of baking soda.

Why don't you just take some of the wine out?

No
Good.
And definitely add lots of water and of course add some salt to taste.

but it's already been simmering for a while, won't I lose a tremendous amount of flavor?

>Use some butter and test for acidity.
Wait, are those two separate suggestions or is there some way to test for acidity with butter?!

Is the flavor in your next stew or use as a steak sauce

Here's a plan. Take out all the stock strain out the beef and veg etc. Now combine all your over wined stock with water until it tastes good and pour back in the needed stock for your stew and continue cooking and like user said freeze the rest for another day.

How do you "accidentally" manage that?

>How ruined is my stew
It's not.
You have a shitty pleb recipe that's skimping on the wine. You can use 100% wine for the braising liquid in a stew. Beef Bourginon, for example.

Adding water is only going to dilute the flavor, user. Why do you hate flavor? If you feel the need to cut the wine then at least add something tasty like stock rather than flavorless water.

First time I cook with wine, just kinda.. assumed you'd use it as the only liquid. I was foolish, I'm sorry

>First time I cook with wine, just kinda.. assumed you'd use it as the only liquid

shut up user

>you'd use it as the only liquid.
You would.
You have a shit recipe.

Don't listen to these autists. Beef bourgnion and coq au vin use wines as the cooking liquid and they're french classics. It'll be fine.

It's vin au coq at this point.

I've always seen people use chicken stock in coq au vin.

I removed a small glass of it and added a small glass of water, gave a pinch of baking soda, and it has mellowed the fuck out and tastes pretty good now as I let it cook. thanks. still a strong taste but I don't think it is overpowering.

That's the 1950's amerilard good housekeeping version.

It will probably be better, unless you are using a shitty wine

Can't recommend the baking soda idea. Tried this once and could taste the baking soda despite the minuscule amount that I used.

Ended up being alright

this is the best answer honestly. If you have room in your freezer do this.

I think I just got drunk reading this

That would imply less wine you brainlet

>I accidentally used an entire bottle of wine instead of the recommended 1 cup

Weebs, everyone.
Thick as fuck.

no one has ever called me thicc before. thanks user.

If you used red wine you can add an equal amount of white wine to cancel it out.