Is linear algebra the true brainlet filter...

Is linear algebra the true brainlet filter? I aced all my calculus courses but now I'm struggling hard as fuck in proving these basic theorems in line alg.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK3O402wf1c&list=PLE7DDD91010BC51F8&t=838s&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linear algebra wasn't too bad but diffy-Qs messed with my brain.

this is normal as its a different concept than Calculus, btw you havent taken calc III yet right?. anyhow, all thats left for you its to do more exercises or simply watch professor Strang who covers the subject vastly youtube.com/watch?v=ZK3O402wf1c&list=PLE7DDD91010BC51F8&t=838s&index=1
No one becomes good at something by slacking off.

>diffy-Qs

>Is linear algebra the true brainlet filter

No, even chem majors find it easy as fuck. Only brainlets in cs struggle with it.

Linear algebra is the easiest math you will make the most mistakes in

>No, even chem majors find it easy as fuck.
Can confirm

might just be that ur calc courses were very computation based while the linear algebra course that ur taking is a lot more focused on theory.

if this is your first time taking a math class where you're expected to prove theorems, then that's your problem. theorem-proof based math becomes much easier with experience

Might just be you, OP. Linear Algebra should be easier than any part of your Calculus sequence with maybe the exception of infinite sums and series.

chem majors are smarter than cs brainlets??

>Only brainlets in cs struggle with it.

Where did you get that from?

Linear Algebra was the same as ODEs for me. once it's conceptually solid you just practice until familiar. Otherwise you flail.

Study the theory better and keep a formulary at hand.

No, it's the "drop out if you ever find it difficult" filter.

>line alg

>diffy_Qs

The absolute state

>I aced all my calculus courses but now I'm struggling hard as fuck in proving these basic theorems in line alg.

No, it's just that american calculus courses are easy as fuck.

cs major here

i passed linear algebra easily having only studied the course for like 10-15 hours

discrete math on the other hand wasn't as easy but i passed nonetheless

Nope. This is only if you had a shitty matrix/basis focused. version of linear algebra.

Might be. I breezed through Cal and Diffeq but doing all the shit with the matrices was hard for me to understand. Probably because I never got an understanding of what I was actually doing, just memorizing the steps.