If you were offered a 100% safe brain chip implant, that boosted your cognitive function 10% with no risk at all...

if you were offered a 100% safe brain chip implant, that boosted your cognitive function 10% with no risk at all, would you take it? But as a side effect you're going to see the world through the lense of google facial recognition software (see picture)

Other urls found in this thread:

research.googleblog.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck it, man, I'd give it a shot. You trade some of your eyesight for some freaky pareidolia shit and a very noticeable boost to your scientific, artistic or earning potential. Absolutely worth it.

10% is barely an increase. Especially if you have to wear Google goggles

That's a hard pass from me

You would go insane from seeing dogs and taxis that aren't there and kill yourself

No, you'd adapt fast, even if that means keeping your eyes covered for most of the day if you never figure out how to live with it otherwise. You can still figure out what things are easily enough by moving your head or adjusting your distance if absolutely necessary, which won't even be necessary most of the time. All the weird shit you've see would rapidly become normal to you.

Depending on how you define cognitive function, that could be a hell of a lot.

>every food you eat is now dogs
eh, I'm not too sure about this. Still, as it's 100% safe I'd probably take it.

Reminds me of LSD microdosing

>10% is barely an increase
This statement is kinda beautiful in how much it proves that you're stupid

Define boosting cognitive function

Will 2 chips make me 20% smarter?
Will my vision (and my thought processes) be overlaid with an all-consuming urge to BUY stuff?

>>every food you eat is now dogs

I'm from Korea. No change for me.

The intensity on the facial recognition would be so intense as to make you borderline blind with dog faces

I'd gladly do it, as long as the Google botnet isn't built into it.
I'll put their stuff in my grey matter, so long as they don't see what I do with it.

>I'd gladly do it, as long as the Google botnet isn't built into it.
how would that work you pooplord. you think it's gonna have wifi or something? did you miss the 100% safe part?

>10% increase in cognition

if you're smart, a 10% increase would be a lot. 10% would only seem to be little if you have a small base intelligence. how can you not see how self-defeating the implication you're making is?

>(10% increase in cognition )the mental action or [process of acquiring] knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.

Becuase you would be retarded to increase your cognition by 10% instead of giving yourself that 10% Instantly. Therefore your all my previous pic related.
>Nice try trying to act smart. Delete this thread.

That is quite funny.

Depends what you mean by '100% safe', what you describe as the side effect seems to be a contradiction to what I would interpret as '100% safe', so the question is ill-posed. If it were '100% safe' in the sense that seeing dogs on pizzas would not have any knock-on effects in terms of my general functioning and sanity, then I'd consider it. If you provide no such guarantee, then no, I would not. I imagine that the dog-pizzas would be extremely disconcerting.

yes

>Increased cognitivity
>Weird visuals

That's just LSD user

proof that lsd improves cognition

>cognitive function
>function
so, the basic ability to acquire, conceptualize and apply knowledge, not an increased amount of learned knowledge. retard

name of this visual effect?

research.googleblog.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html

>research.googleblog.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html
ty ty

>did you miss the 100% safe part
Underage b&
Someone with an IQ of 135 would go up to 148. Quite a big difference can be observed at higher levels. Of course, there's a considerable difference between intelligence and cognition, cognition being the overarching mental function and intelligence being the metric of understanding. I'd gladly take a 10% bump in overall mental capability.

Dued you're retarded.

>so, the basic ability [to acquire], [conceptualize and apply knowledge], (not an increased amount of learned knowledge. retard)
You fucking dopey eyed fgt. Your saying that all of those are one,which aren't. It's the process. Read it again with me.
Processsssss. You want the process becuase you're a fgt. Byebye