First modern Britons had 'dark to black' skin, Cheddar Man DNA analysis reveals

>The first modern Britons, who lived about 10,000 years ago, had “dark to black” skin, a groundbreaking DNA analysis of Britain’s oldest complete skeleton has revealed.

>The fossil, known as Cheddar Man, was unearthed more than a century ago in Gough’s Cave in Somerset. Intense speculation has built up around Cheddar Man’s origins and appearance because he lived shortly after the first settlers crossed from continental Europe to Britain at the end of the last ice age. People of white British ancestry alive today are descendants of this population.
theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals?CMP=fb_gu
Opinions Veeky Forums?
Inb4 /Pol/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/jFf0w
bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3845641/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We wuz kangs n shit nigguh

How would they determine such a thing? Wouldn't most of the genetic material be damaged?

Absolute garbage study.

Brits confirmed non-white. I always knew those beady eyed fucks were hiding something.

>"BobMlooga 5m ago
>Yes... so basically all this proves is what we sort of knew all along... white skin came over time as we adapted to a less stronger sun and needed to take in more vitamin D. We already knew the first homo sapiens in Europe had dark skin... I more interested that he had blue eyes... why did we develop these?"

But guess which post the Guardian liked

>Guardian Pick
>Everyone in this country is either an immigrant or the descendent of an immigrant. There is no such thing as a "british" human. We all came from Africa and arrived here at different times. Once we realise this then maybe we could try being nice to each other.
>finbaar

Fuck you, Guardian and fuck your politicization of science.

White skin is from prehistoric middle easterners and siberians that colonised europe during neolithic and bronze age.

archive.is/jFf0w

Lmao!! Britfags on suicide watch

wow its almost like our species evolved in a UV intense environment or something.

it's not politicization, it's looking at a deeper level

ITT: /pol/ morons that do not understand genetics or human evolution and only care about skin color and politics.

>People of white British ancestry alive today are descendants of this population.
Heh

Yes, everyone came from Africa originally.

The color change was thought to occur much sooner. Humans left Africa 70,000 years ago and got to the British isles 30,000 years ago. They were still black 10,000 years ago. Pretty cool. Maybe the skin color change wasn't entirely climate-related.

Has anyone got a link to the actual study/paper?

Nothing new, all indigenous Paleolithic Europeans had darker skin. They were not literally black though.

>are descendants of this population
This is a really terrible way of putting it. All Europeans are descendants of the Neanderthal/CM peoples and more progressive Mediterraneans from Neolithic times. Once again, nothing new.

When will this theory stop getting thrown around.

>When will this theory stop getting thrown around.
Maybe when there's evidence to suggest otherwise?

Explains the public housing and retard tier politics

"Cutting-edge DNA and facial reconstruction techniques revealed in February 2017 that there was a 76 per cent chance that Cheddar Man's skin was ‘dark to black’ by modern standards."

So are you telling me all the niggers living in europe and usa are gonna turn white in a few thousand of years even if they don't mix?

Most interesting post itt.

No, but if they do mix they will. Skin reflectance is additive.

Hopefully we will look back at 2010s as a time of social retardation when we could read horseshit like this.

This lmfao. It is blatantly obvious that this article is 20% science and 80% propaganda.

the deeper level is anti-intellectualism

i'm not sure how something could be more political

Nobody is lied to by the establishment more than the British people. They've been owned the longest by the Rothschilds. There's a reason they have that backwards leftist programming; Britain is ground zero for NWO shit. It doesn't surprise me even a little that WE WUZ EUROPEANS, and they're going to eat that shit up right alongside the Sunday BBC special where Queen Elizabeth takes a series of swarthy foreign men into her private chambers and the new series where Joan of Arc is played by a sassy black muslim lady. I don't believe for a minute this new "information" is meant to do anything except make Britons roll over and give their sisters and daughters to Achmed.

Guys, there is clearly no agenda here.

>Dr Yoan Dieckmann, from University College London, who took part in the project, said: “The historical perspective that you get just tells you that things change, things are in flux, and what may seem as a cemented truth that people who feel British should have white skin, through time is not at all something that is an immutable truth. It has always changed and will change.”

Absolutely none at all.

>(((Dieckmann)))
Imagine having the blinders on so tightly you refuse to acknowledge such an obvious pattern. Throughout history, /pol/ and Veeky Forums have been inextricably linked because those who do the Veeky Forums need the support of those in power, because their work tends to not have immediate tangible benefits of the kind that puts food in your mouth. Those in power want to stay in power, and so they will always tend to repress any science that threatens their hold on it, and promote public opinions that strengthen them, even if it's only a relative strengthening by way of weakening the people they control. I'm reminded of the church's treatment of people who had the gall to suggest Earth wasn't the center of the solar system, as an extreme example.

Wow, surely this man has European forebears. Totally Germanic phenotype with no agenda to undermine his host nation whatsoever.

>So are you telling me all the niggers living in europe and usa are gonna turn white
Even most radical political doctrine can't change fact that they have different DNA admixture and no Neanderthal genes.
Basically sub-Saharan africans mixed with unknown hominid. This isn't some racist conspiracy theory, you can find this in every work about DNA history of humans.Of course nobody says this very loud for obvious reasons.

>> that people who feel British should have white skin
Meh, the differences between ethnic groups are far wider than just skin colour, even when it comes to just body shape.
Sub-Saharan Africans that are albino don't look like Europeans.

I can see why they didn't pick that first one. Blue eyes are the natural state for every persons eyes when all melanin is gone. Colors other than brown and blue occur as a result of different levels and kinds of melanin manifesting, and it's why we see more green eyes in the swarthy parts of Europe and more Blue eyes further north. So the first humans in Britain having blue eyes is no surprise considering that we are rolling with the idea that they lost the need for melanin as they traveled north.

A better question however would be how their eyes went totally blue while their skin stayed dark. Why would they lose eye pigment before skin pigment while heading north?

>all people descend from blacks
>still called racist even though my great grandpapy^20 power was black.

The blue eyes has been traced back to one common ancestor roughly 10,000 years ago. Pretty sure it was a female, so she was most likely a trophy wife of the most successful warlord, who had a lot of blue eyed children who were able to stay in power and not be wiped out because they were so easily differentiated from everyone else.

it is a pretty well known fact that fair skin mutation is very recent, came even later than blue eyes mutation.
But you had to use this chance to racebait, didn't you faggot OP?

Your great grandpappy^20 was a chain of nucleotides encased in oil

>pretty well known fact that fair skin mutation is very recent
citation needed

I don't think the OP was racebait other than the fact it's posted here at all. It's a new "science" article, we should discuss it. OP's only wrong was inb4ing, because OP can't inb4.

underrated post

I like how the article rules out common ancestry with the nasty nasty cannibals who lived there before, the noble smiling brown man brings only peace and prosperity to Britain.

So Veeky Forums let me get this straight, Ice man Otzi was white, 4K years separate him and this cheddar man, and in that time an entire population just changed skin colour? I don't buy it.

Not only one unknown hominid, but many. Africa was a clusterfuck when in comes to hominids. It is a very huge place divided by many natural borders. Even Africans themselves don't look remotely similar to each other.

The bust of Smiling Cheese Man and the reconstruction of Otzi were made by the same people.

Except there was no propaganda to push during Otzi's reconstruction.

The people who made the busts are forensic reconstructors not geneticists.

>DNA from preserved mummies proves Egyptians were white
Racist and wrong
>DNA from ancient, weathered bones suggests that old Europeans could be black
WE

>first people who came out of Arfica weren't white when they came out of Africa
Wow, grundbreaking
What the fuck did you expect?

>Totally different species of primary have different skin color, therefore humans didn't develop different skin color
Fucking hell /pol/ is retarded.

This. It's well established that early Europeans had dark skin and later migrations from the middle east etc. brought over white skin.

Those primates are covered in fur so I'm not so sure if it is analogous to humans.

The dark skin was most likely the same as arabs there is no way in fuck something with negro colored skin existed in Europe.

>4K
>I don't buy it.
Why is that not a lot of time?

Can someone explain how that makes this all fake?

Does it really matter if it was or wasn't? People will just spin it towards propaganda like they did with Nefertiti when they didn't like the results.

Oh wow, it's almost as if there were some kinds of population migrations of anatolian farmers and aryan pastoralists who now make up the bulk of european ancestry.

Fake news
Just like Nefertiti

>Misrepresenting facts using a garbage study and cherry picking comments

That is the absolute fucking definition of politicising science you cunt.

I think it all stems from race denial. Race denial has people thinking that different ethnic groups have inhabited the exact same piece of land forever, because you're not allowed to think of ethnic groups as a coherent entity with a history (including migration history).

>groundbreaking
>1 specimen

Ok, time for a game of "Spot the inbred hillbillies".

Not all of these people are recognizable as black-albino and so your argument is invalid.

I think you mean "We wuz niggaz n shit kingz"

>no Neanderthal genes.
Neanderthals were significantly less developed than west africans so I'm not sure where the "racist" angle is coming from at all

Yeah, it must have been the token black guy.

Great, now the exact inverse is happening itt

we wuz nucleic acids an shiet

ehh
>There was no link with other skeletons from Gough's Cave, which are 5,000 years older, but about 10% of people with British ancestry are linked genetically to the Western Hunter Gatherer population to which the Cheddar Man belonged.[10] and the rest derive from more recent Middle Eastern (EEG) and Indo-European (ANE) contributions.

>Not all of these people are recognizable as black-albino and so your argument is invalid.
They kind of are, idiot.

This is true.

But also, I read something about how there was no surviving proof that he was so dark, only that he lacked genes associated with light skin today. It would be far more believable, given that there are much older skeletons found in different places outside east Africa, that non-black skin would have existed in this population.

Not for that kind of change no.

The fact that early Europeans had light eyes and dark skin is not even new. Light skin is believed to be an adaption to an agricultural diet's lack of vitamin D

bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892

The probably aren't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

>Pigmentation genes carried by the hunters and farmers showed that, while the dark hair, brown eyes and pale skin of the early farmer would look familiar to us, the hunter-gatherers would stand out if we saw them on a street today.

>"It really does look like the indigenous West European hunter gatherers had this striking combination of dark skin and blue eyes that doesn't exist any more," Prof Reich told BBC News.

>Dr Carles Lalueza-Fox, from the Institute of Evolutionary Biology (CSIC - UPF) in Barcelona, Spain, who was not involved with the research, told BBC News: "If you look at all the reconstructions of Mesolithic people on the internet, they are always depicted as fair skinned. And the farmers are sometimes depicted as dark-skinned newcomers to Europe. This shows the opposite."

>So where did fair pigmentation in present-day Europeans come from? The farmer seems to be on her way there, carrying a gene variant for light skin that's still around today.

>"There's an evolutionary argument about this - that light skin in Europe is biologically advantageous for people who farm, because you need to make vitamin D," said David Reich.

>"Hunters and gatherers get vitamin D through their food - because animals have a lot of it. But once you're farming, you don't get a lot of it, and once you switch to agriculture, there's strong natural selection to lighten your skin so that when it's hit by sunlight you can synthesise vitamin D."

Why not? What they claim at this point is he's only related to a minority of brits today. The majority of lighter skinned groups could've taken over

Black people visibly have differences in skin color between single generations. 4K years is probably enough time for a skin color change, especially if the group continued to breed the lighter ones among themselves instead of the darker ones.
Idk why everyone always acts like it would take so long to force a change on a species like us when we literally practice selective breeding and warmongering. You literally just force a lot of inbreeding to create a larger pool of the desired recessive trait you want to see and then kill off all the others who don't carry that trait via tribal warfare. Rinse and repeat. As a result, all the future humans don't quite resemble the people who may have lived a few generations back, but you can bet your ass they're still related.

idiotic bullshit.
diekmann is most common in north germany, not a jewish name.
yoan is most common in france.not a jewish name.

people were non/less white in the past -> fact
it changed in the past -> fact
it could change again -> fact

there is no agenda here. what the media is doing with such information is not the responsability of the scientist involved in analysing data.

>

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3845641/

They've less neanderthal DNA.

GO BACK TO /POL/ idiot, this argument is so idiot!

That's like showing penis variations among primates and then saying "Oh yeah, infact penis sizes isn't an adaptation !!!"

>politicization of science.
>impying this is science at all

this swarthy-pale is not black-white

>Not all of these people are recognizable as black-albino
god, you need to lurk more faggot