How the fuck do I buy vegetables at the grocery store guys...

How the fuck do I buy vegetables at the grocery store guys? Do I just put them in a bag and the cashier knows how much they are? How do they even tell the different kinds of greens apart?

I really need to buy some garlic but I don't want to look like an idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1c6qzxXgV2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are plastic bags you grab and put the vegetables in. They often know if they've worked there for any period of time, and have a cheat sheet, plus you can tell them if they don't know and they ask. Often if they don't know they'll just pick something cheap

You have to write the product code of each vegetable on the bag or if you are lazy on the side of the vegetable. Most fruit have the code on them but you need to write the code for vegetables on yourself since nobody is going to put stickers on every single green bean.

Is this bait? How can you not know this?

How the fuck do I but bait at the bait shop guys? Do I just put them in a bucket and the cashier knows how much they are? How do they even tell the different kinds of worms apart?

in the off-chance that you realise are this autistic:

method 1: manual bagging
>pick up a few heads of garlic, depending on how much you need
>put it in the provided plastic bags
>tie the end of the bag in a knot
>if a scale is provided in the aisle, weigh it
>use the price/weight value to determine cost
>go to checkout
>cashier will weigh it once more and tell you the price
>pay and leave

method 2: automatic
>pick up pre-packaged garlic. it's usually close to the loose garlic and contains anywhere between 3-8 heads
>take to checkout
>purchase garlic

>I really need to buy some garlic but I don't want to look like an idiot.

There's pre-priced garlic bundled in little nets, usually.

Otherwise you just pick up loose garlic heads and bring them to the cash, where they'll be weighed for price.
There might be plastic baggies near the garlic provided so you can bag them up and label them, but it's not strictly necessary.

Thanks bros, I got my garlic and now my chicken will be well-marinated

How did you get it?
Tell us about your new frontier in grocery shopping.

I found some garlic in the vegetable section, picked up a couple of heads, put em in a bag, and took them to the cashier. I was hoping that the cashier wouldn't judge me since I was just holding a bag of garlic and a 2 litre of cream soda.

Everything went out good. Went home, chopped it up according to a YouTube video, mixed it up with some stuff and soy sauce and now I'm going to wait overnight before I proceed to cook it.

>I was hoping that the cashier wouldn't judge me

Oh, user.
Cashiers are soulless meat popsicles who have had every ounce of their will to live obliterated by a life of servitude.
They literally don't have the energy to judge you, they're still exhausted from arguing with a stubborn old lady for 40 minutes about coupons.

Remember when you could weight it yourself, push the dedicated button for the relevant vegetable and it prints a sticker with the price and bar code on, which you can put on the bag.

>they'll just pick something cheap
This, my store sells like 4 different types of oranges all for 99c up to like $3/pound for different types. I've never been charged more than 99c because they all look the exact same.

How do you get your other food?

the hell, when was this? It feels like we traveled back in time if this existed

most of it has a price and label and I generally use self check out

i would've judged the holy shit out of you dude

Pre-package sometimes mixed with bad ones nobodywould pick, especially if discounted

incorrect, when i was a cashier i judged every single person i dealt with and that's why i quit after three months

>quit after only three months

Now just imagine the the absolute lack of fucks a person would develop after several years of service work, indeed would have to develop just to survive

Here, you put it in a plastic bag they provide in the produce section and they weigh it at the register. For example, I bought a ginger root a couple days ago. It's $2.50/lb, I grabbed a small one, put it in a bag, and took it to the register. The guy weighed it, it was around .35 lb, so he typed that into the cash register and it said something like $.87. They're trained to know the difference between all the vegetables and fruits.

I do this all the time to get cheap prime rib
>cut open banana
>discard banana insides
>pull apart garlic
>put garlic cloves in banana
>use provided ties to close banana
>go to self checkout
>put in number for bananas on machine
>give money to machine

>Select all images with bananas

I used to worry about this exact thing for a while after I moved out

Went a month without buying any fresh produce

Pretty funny to think about now

I'm judging you, Alec.

are you guys not aware of PLUs

What kinda 3rd world shithole do you live in where the supermarkets don't have scanners / scales where the cashier puts the loose item on it, presses the picture for it, and it sets the price automatically
?

This is the reason Home Economics should be required course in high school.

Go to the supermarket, they have this great sale where everything counts as a loose carrot.

Garlic? Loose carrot. Salmon? Loose carrot. Safron? Loose carrot. Prime rib? Loose carrot.

It's fucking magical.

American flyovers are used to everything coming in a plastic bag or box. These are people who, if you eat a vegetable in front of them, will say something like "oh how nice you're trying to be healthy" or perhaps "why do you vegans have to bring politics into everything"

It's important to remember that Obama almost didn't get elected president not because he was black or had a funny sounding name, but unironically because he admitted to knowing what arugula is

This board has the laziest mods and janitors of basically any board. Once I get cooking again I want to start making some quality threads in an attempt to drown out the shitposting and start bumping quality threads to the top so that the shitposting gets forced off.

>don't want to look like an idiot.
>posts animu
Dumb weeab.

Is Obama the most Veeky Forums president?
youtube.com/watch?v=1c6qzxXgV2o

>grew vegetables in the white house
>made his cooks brew beer in the white house
>ate and enjoyed vegetables
It's tempting to think so but maybe it's just the contrast. Consider the anti-broccoli dynasty that preceded him, and the guy who won't touch alcohol and appeals to his base by tweeting pictures of himself eating McDonalds on a private jet

Red states just hate food. You cannot get the support of red state voters unless you're a picky manchild and proud of it.

#NotMyPresident

you can buy grey poupon in walmart

>yeah just lemme get some of those black beans...THERE. I'll just grab some myself. Okey dokey.

Yes but you can also buy a cheaper brand that doesn't sound "foreign". If you don't buy the cheapest food humanly possible, in packaging that uses only* words that appear in books written for 3 year olds, it's elitist.

>*ingredients get a free waiver because everything needs to be adulterated with a wall of text's worth of preservatives, fillers, and adjuncts

It wasn't even poupon, he asked for dijon mustard. Just stupid media shitflinging like two scoops or ketchup on steak

>cream soda

Wtf, i never heard of that shit

Sounds disgusting

Tastes like caramel.

How the hell have you never heard of cream soda?

I live in krautland. I guess it's not a thing/not as big here

Have you never gone grocery shopping with your parents?

very close to the taste of degeneration

Not everyone lives in the US.

damn it, finish the fucking story will you? how do we get the prime rib?

Chop it up and put it in the banana peels

great job m8. don't worry i never judged when I worked at a grocery store and your order wasn't even weird. people buy random stuff all the time.

>Bait Shop

This is such a clever name for a restaurant HOLY SHIT.
Might actually be the best name I've ever heard.

Especially for a southern place with rednecks and good ol boys.