Only science and mathematics can arrive at truth or knowledge!

>Only science and mathematics can arrive at truth or knowledge!
This is literally what Veeky Forumsautists believe.
Prove this statement scientifically and mathematically.
I'll wait.

kek sage

>stop saying things that contradict my world view!

>>stop saying things that contradict my world view!
Who are you quoting?

You

They think is saging it because it contradicts the world view of the person who posted

it is proved pragmatically. Now kys

Science is defined as the method for arriving at empirical facts. Logic is defined as the method for determining truth. If there was some "other" way, no one would notice since it would be recognized as science or logic.

QED.

>Science is defined as the method for arriving at empirical facts.
Is this advanced trolling or are you actually this stupid?

Only first year stem undergrads think this

Is this board just first year undergrads

yes

Not trolling. Science is simply the name for whichever method produces facts. A fact is a demonstrable empirical claim.

>Science is defined as the method for arriving at empirical facts.
Prove this statement.

>Prove a definition

wow u mean jesus is real?

>Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge")[2][3]:58 is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.[a]

Only mathematics ftfy

There's nothing like 'truth'. Reality is just what it is.
Knowledge is obtainable by any method. You can run blindfolded in a forest and still get knowledge by hitting on trees. There are certain things, however, that we believe need a certain (or a handful of) method(s) in order to study them. This belief only relies in human intuition, experience and/or rational processes (which are all inevitably influenced by human perception and limitations).

>There are not different schools of science! There's only one way to do science!
This is what you believe when you're so much of a brainlet that you don't know anything about epistemology or philosophy in general.
>Logic is defined as the method for determining truth
I wonder if any logician even defined logic in that way

Fine user we'll stop then

>systematic enterprise
cringe

>There's nothing like 'truth'. Reality is just what it is.
maybe for u and ur tiny atheistic brain

>>There are not different schools of science! There's only one way to do science!
Where did I say anything like that? All schools of science are still science.

>I wonder if any logician even defined logic in that way
Pic related.

>Prove this statement scientifically
People have spent all human history experimenting with other ways of arriving at truth or knowledge and have always failed :^)

Did he really say this? I can't decide whether to conclude that he's actually an idiot, or that smart people sometimes have inexplicable blind spots where their religious delusions are concerned.

Everyone has blind spots. Don't praise people, just the smart ideas they have.

Yeah sage this thread

But he's right, any kind of belief haves axioms that cant be proved, even scientific thinking.

So you are actually that stupid

He's incredibly stupid, or at least acts like it to dupe the "classical liberal" crowd into joining his patreon.

i dont think you even know what you mean

I think the scientific method in its ideal form is probably the system with the least amount of axioms that is useful for describing the world. It's the best we can do with our human condition

So you actually have no argument.

Logical truth is not the same as absolute truth by definition.

All science claims that they are internally consistent. They make no claims beyond that.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

That pic is literally you, OP