Decide to make almond milk

>decide to make almond milk
>spend $4 on almonds
>soak for 30 hours
>makes less than 3 cups of milk
>tastes just okay

this was supposed to be rewarding, Veeky Forums

were they activated?

You're better off just blending the almonds with water and making some kind of lightly sweet and thick beverage. Plain almond milk is going to be underwhelming.

can I put more water? at 1 cup activated almonds to 2 cups water, it already tastes kinda thin

I'm assuming you mean more almonds, but yes you can do that. Make sure you're letting it soak for a while after blending and not just straining immediately after blending. It's never really going to taste amazing on its own though, so just leaving the almonds in for a thick drink and making it something similar to a dessert beverage is still probably your best bet though. If you're trying to make it taste like eating a handful of almonds that's not really going to work and won't be that enjoyable either.

Sounds like you're better off just buying it premade, lad. Especially since you can get that delicious dark chocolate almond kind.

>this was supposed to be rewarding, Veeky Forums

not everything is going to be better homemade. Technology makes miking almond milk more efficient and cost effective than doing it yourself.

I learned this the hard way while trying to homemake rose syrup

i added blended dates to my homemade almond milk and it was good but probably not worth the work. The best part was the crushed almond meal afterwards. I liked adding that to my cereal. Overall 5/10 wouldn't make almond milk again.

Premade will have a tiny amount of almonds compared to what you would use when making it homemade. Some almond milks were like only 2% almonds, when some homemade recipes could be over 10%. Plus they add vitamin C to premade almond milks so they can put "50% more vitamin C than dairy milk!" on the package, but it ends up just making it taste chalky. But like you said, sweetening it and adding other flavors is the best you can do with it because otherwise it's just going to taste like a liquid almond which is boring.

no, I mean more water. almonds are like 3 bucks for 100g so I want a higher yield without spending more

added 2 cups (1:4) and it still tastes good. sorta watery, probably 1:3 is the best ratio. some vanilla helped with the taste.

Thickening agent, optard

Yeah, I mean you can add as much water as you want until it starts tasting too thin but it's always going to taste diluted compared to just eating an almond. Just find what ratio you prefer I guess. You could look up some almond or other nut-based drinks (inb4) for ideas on flavorings to add. I think rosewater with a bit of sugar would probably taste good.

O

Needs salt, sweetener and thickener.

Boiling works too to thicken it, but that adds yet another step in something with low gain to effort ratio.

How do you milk almonds? Are there almond tits I'm not seeing?

You're not letting your almonds mature, they're actually quite ample.

Did you activate them first?

Making things from scratch is a meme

There are things that are genuinely better made from scratch, but not everything is. Almond milk doesn't seem to be one anyway.

>he tryed to milk under-aged almonds.
filthy pedo.

almond "milk" is garbage anyway. i'm not sure why you thought homemade would be any good.