Is it possible to love physics but be not to fond of math?

Is it possible to love physics but be not to fond of math?
I love physics and am quite good at it, but while good at math I find math class to be boring as fuck. I need to chose my uni major soon and I am wondering if I will enjoy university level physics despite my indifference to math.

TL;DR I love physics but don't like pure math due to the seemingly meaninglessness of the calculations, is physics right for me?

The deeper you get into many kinds of physics, the more theoretical your math is going to get. Also, for many, physics provides a justification for the "meaninglessness" of math.

*whips you*
Bad wizard. Go home and think about your ebin memes.

>:O

Math in physics is meaningful, but to learn it you'll have a fuckton of pure math classes.

>pure math
>calculations

It's not pure then

>Is it possible to love physics but be not to fond of math?
>I love physics but don't like pure math
Looks like it's possible then.

The reason for this is because you're in brainlet physics and math classes, so you don't know what you're talking about.

If you really love physics you'll start to love math. Most math class are just boring because they're poorly constructed, but physics tend to highlight the fun parts of math.

math and physics are joined at the hip sorry

The real question is, is math related to science?

Yeah. I also love physics and coding, but find math boring af.
I think it's the act that number in pure math don't really MEAN anything

Honestly this. My two best subjects in HS were programming and physics. I did ok in math but found it mind numbing. Well I'm currently deciding between a physics and CS major so hopefully that doesn't change in uni.

No. To make any significant work in physcs and fundamentally understand the processes you're studying, you will have to understand large breadth of mathematics, most importantly analysis. You will begin at simple concepts and go up through complex, theory of distributions, differential forms to partial differential equations, and that is still mostly not enough at the theoretical level.

If you want to do physics, get ready to get buttrekt by math daily (if you're in a good uni).

If you really dislike math, absolutely do not go into physics, you will fail unless you force yourself to like it. In CS it will be much smoother, since you will have to only understand some basic linear algebra, discrete math and elementary analysis. You would find fivefold of that in physics.

Also, most of the times your physics classes will stay ahead of your math classes, so you will absolutely not rigorously understand the tools you're using, or how to use them. Which is only more of a reason to study math earlier and a lot more.

The weird thing is Physics is probably my favorite class. Something about it allows me to enjoy the math (unless it's just pure math learning with no relationship to the actual physics we we're learning). I just finished HS level physics though so I have no idea if it will be like that in uni. Also, being able to go into research or lab work as a career just seems way more appealing that being a code monkey.

Trust me when I say that university level physics have almost nothing to do with high school level and you should probably better research what studying physics entails. There are many more scientific fields that also include lab work, you should look for that as well. Final note is that you really need to understand that math is of essential importance for physics and most of the times it's not possible to explain physical concepts without it at all.

in short, no

Faraday didn't know shit about math and he was one of the greatest physicists ever.

then why do mathfags on Veeky Forums always act like they're better than me >:(

then why do mathfags on Veeky Forums always act like they're better than me >:(