Post some of the greatest works of the 2010's. I haven't read that many desu senpaitachi

Post some of the greatest works of the 2010's. I haven't read that many desu senpaitachi.

The instructions - Adam Levin
The dying grass - William T Vollmann
Cannonball - Joseph Mcelroy
The buried giant- Kazuo Ishiguro

The instructions will be the only one remembered though.

You guys haven't finished reading the Greeks yet or what?

>The instructions will be the only one remembered though.

that's not how you spell the buried giant user

The general public didn't like that one though. Maybe you are right. Ishiguro is more likely to be remembered on the whole. His books are great. Really love remains, unconsoled and never let me go.

the correlation between general public opinion and lasting legacy is i would say close to 0

The Infatuations - Javier Marias
The Illogic of Kassel - Enrique Vila-Matas
Naked - Jean Philippe Toussaint

Kyle Minor's Praying Drunk
Maybe something by Etgar Keret
Evenigland-Michael Knight

Lincoln in the bardo

Middle C by William Gass
Life Form by Amélie Nothomb
Multiple Choice by Alejandro Zambra
Tenth of December by George Saunders
Taipei by Tao Lin

El Hombre que Amaba a Los Perros

(The Man Who Loved Dogs)

What's up with this Instructions meme the last few months?

I guess people have finally read it. The book was hilarious. I loved it.

Lol

>I loved it.
Why

Because it was funny and I like funny books. Any book that can actually make me laugh out loud I will like.

Why lol

You really can't give me anything else? You read a thousand page book and the only positive thing you can say about it is that it's funny, and that you like it because you like funny books. C'mon user, inspire us a little.

It's not his job to inspire you you lame duck.

It's a project that seems ambitious but is not. At turns where it's meant to be emotional it's not. The format of the book is great, but he does nothing with it. You wouldn't be able to guess that Saunders had any passion, had done years of research, and had published several well regarded short story collections.
It's flaccid and I haven't been so disappointed in such a long time. An empty treasure chest.

So? I'm not asking him to shill it. It's just really silly to read and a thousand page book and say nothing but "it's funny and I like funny books". I've read a little bit of it and thought, "I've seen enough Wes Anderson movies this lifetime."
Just was asking for more.
>i like it because it was good
>i don't like it because it was shit
ok.
ok.

I really don't care if people read it senpai. Honestly I wouldn't recommend it unless you read shit loads of books and have a Hankering for another giant doorstopper. Gurion is just a genious shit fucker who likes to cause riff raff and decides to start a revolt with his friends against the man that's holding him down (the people holding down the Jews) at his school for retards and that's all it is man. One single day. Spaced over 1000 pages. Like you said it's kinda like Rushmore from West Anderson. I find kids doing adult shit funny.

Fuck I want to read that.

Do you find the influence of DFW on the book to be overstated?

It basically comes down to
- they are kids
- they are at school
- the book is long

Also beware the book is really Jewish and I know how much you Veeky Forums lads hate the Jews.

Will I read a lot of yiddish? I'm pretty into phrases like "why don't you go shit in the ocean" and bringing up how the local Schantz Real Estate agency sounds like schvantz real estate.

Yeah there are a few sayings but it isn't that bad. It doesn't punish the goyim. It's nothing like witz. That shit was retarded. A lot of the time I barely knew what I was reading.

fucking love the jewish identity shit

>all white dudes

minorities should step their writing game up t.b.h

Really didn't like Bardo. The rest of his stuff is good/great. You liked it more than, say, Pastoralia?