So basically...

So basically, fats sugars and carbs are the most delicious things to humans because they contain the highest concentration of calories, which our bodies see as the optimal food source because it ensures that we wont starve.

So the 'art' of cooking is essentially trying to trick the palate into thinking that a dish has more fat and sugar and carbs in it than it actually does.

>So the 'art' of cooking is essentially trying to trick the palate into thinking that a dish has more fat and sugar and carbs in it than it actually does.
stopped reading there

what about vegetables, which are delicious

That's not true though.
Fat has the highest concentration of calories (9 per gram). Alcohol is next at 7. Carbs and Protein are both in last place at 4/gram.

Also, pure fat and carbs aren't exactly tasty. Go mix some lard with some sugar and take a spoonful of that. You need aromatic and flavorful chemical compounds to make food taste good. Some of those come from ingredients, like, say, the flavor of vanilla or a good fresh strawberry; others are generated during the cooking process, like the malliard reaction that happens when brown or sear foods.

Texture is a big component too, and that's a mechanical property rather than a chemical one.

You forgot the most important ingredient of all... Love.

the body craves more things than just energy and anything that raises blood sugar fast sates that particular craving

people like complex fats, savory concoctions of proteins and B vitamins, salt, freshness (like lettuce), sweet and sour like a fruit because we need vitamin C, to an extent they also like acidity, pepper, sulfur (onion/garlic) and bitterness because plant defense mechanisms help us resist pathogens and parasites

Eat some squash straight off the vine and report back with it's deliciousness.

>that's not true though
It is true. You eat with your mind first and foremost. Visual queues and dishes having a "story" can make it taste better or worse, and can even make you believe that you've received more energy from that food than you actually did. While changing conging different components like smell and texture may make the food more palatable, you really only need fat and carbs, maybe an acid to give some contrast, to have a good dish. Have you ever had butter cream frosting? Good post though.

This user gets it :^)

The body doesnt crave these things. It's your conscious mind.

>It is true.
You stated that "carbs and sugars....have the highest concentration of calories". That's outright wrong. Horrifically, wrong in fact. Carbs and sugars have the *lowest* concentration of energy.

I also explained how fat and sugar alone aren't tasty to anyone. Buttercream frosting? Sure, I've had it. Tastes sickeningly sweet by itself. It's palatable in combination with a cake or pastry or something though.

Which sounds more appealing to you: a bowl of pure fat, or a nicely seared steak?

>Eat some squash straight off the vine and report back with it's deliciousness.
take a bite out of a fucking cow while you're at it you dumb fuck

yeah no

dumbass

Scoop some lard into your mouth sometime son. We crave salt too because it was scarce but it's not a direct correlation.

Squash is a fruit you chucklefuck.

>stopped reading there

you mean at the end you fucking prick

>you fucking prick
Stopped reading there. No need to get nasty

>Stopped
Stopped reading there. I wonder what the rest of your post was

Have you ever tried just enjoying something good, without worrying that someone is trying to get one over on you?

>the end you

Stopped reading right there, you prick.

Sugars are carbs
Also carbs are sugars

>So the 'art' of cooking is essentially trying to trick the palate into thinking that a dish has more fat and sugar and carbs in it than it actually does.
This is also nonsense

Try to be less autistic in public

>the mind is not part of the body
Is OP playing "how big a retard can I be today?" or what?

>reading right there,
prick stopped the end you

Sugar is a carb, you meant to say
>fat, sugar and salt

i stopped reading this thread and threw my computer across the room so now i am posting this from mobile

L:-D smile once in a while ya big frowny-bags