Why do high school math teachers always try so hard to try to be like DUDE I LOVE MATH OMG

Why do high school math teachers always try so hard to try to be like DUDE I LOVE MATH OMG

Plus what the fuck is it with them and using all this gay fucking technology shit like jesus christ just give me some fucking paper and a problem this stupid technology just gives me more of a hassle. Like Jesus fucking christ I don't want to do some "concept map" about fucking limits and related faggot shit.

im angry.

>faggot shit.
Why the homophobia?

>high school underage b&
>posts anime

They'd lose their job otherwise.

>Plus what the fuck is it with them and using all this gay fucking technology shit
This is being forced on them. Someone gives the school or the school district money that -has- to be spent on classroom technology, or a company makes a deal where they'll supply some of their products to the school(s). In either case, people sometimes get upset if the products just sit in a room collecting dust, even if they're completely unnecessary or worse.

Because they hate their job.

But math IS cool

>he doesn't think math is cool

I want to creampie Amira.

are you 12?

My high school math teacher was a sassy black lady who gave no fucks. She would actually make fun of you if you were enthusiastic about math.

Community college statistics professor was from ex-yugoslavia and shat on communism every lecture. Gave no fucks. He was best math professor I ever had. Didn't learn a thing I'm that class but now a math major

How did that work out for you?

Why the pedophilia?

>Be math teacher
>Have studied mathematics well enough to know its ridiculous successfulness in describing almost every aspect of reality
>Pythagorean theorem day
>hoo boy, their first encounter with a metric
>"Durrr why do we have to know this?"
>"Durrr we'll never need this in real life"
>A week later they've forgotten it
>A year later when it comes up again it has to be repeated
>The one child who got it the first time is dying inside
>There is nothing you can do to help

>mfw I was the one child
>even though I was ahead, I felt like I was left behind
There has to be something better than the current form of education. Who made the decision to focus more on the lower end of the distribution while sacrificing the high end?
It's like throwing the baby out and keeping the bathwater deliberately.
I'm so glad I'm not a highschool teacher.

I was the one child too, user. I was so bored in class that when I finally got help, it was from the teacher thinking I had ADHD and wasn't paying attention.

Because the ones on the lower end of the distribution aren't going to study in their own time. They wouldn't want to/ wouldn't care.

What the hell stopped you from reading a book in your own time?

You want to occupy a peak in the distribution? Do some work.

Not highschool math.

They are trying to compensate for the fact that a ton of students don't care about math and will whine if you just give them paper and a problem.

>virtue signalling this hard

>Plus what the fuck is it with them and using all this gay fucking technology shit like jesus christ just give me some fucking paper and a problem this stupid technology just gives me more of a hassle.
leftism.

>Like Jesus fucking christ I don't want to do some "concept map" about fucking limits and related faggot shit.
see above.

>im angry.
I would be too.

>tfw top of the bell curve

I 'teach' at a mathnasium (big tutor center for pajeet kids who are sons of surgeons and shit) and they take that shit to a new level. They are having me do all that faggot shit for "training"

have fun faggot, it only gets worse. Enjoy buying 2 different access codes on top of a text book for like 400 bucks because engineering homos cant into calc 2 and they need to hold everyone's hand

It's possible for people to have sincere enthusiasm about things you loser.

High school teacher here.

We try to show enthusiasm for what we teach because even though we know 99% of the students hate the topic, we want them to see that we do like it (if we majored in it, etc). We're doing absolute brain dead work in order to keep the retarded half of the class up with the smart half who get held back and need to be pushed a head with questions that challenge them that textbooks do not give.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Australia our teaching standards require us to incorporate technology into our classrooms because it assumed that the australian kid is brain dead when it comes to working with technology outside of using a laptop to look up memes on. Even then, technology makes life easier for most people so of course it is going to be incorporated into lessons.

Yeah, this is true. A lot of kids who I teach want to become farmers or mechanics. So usually I get questioned about these kinds of things. My response to them is that they need to be able to solve a wide range of problems in the future for their jobs. And what these problems are, and what they represent is different training modules for their college certificates that will make their lives easier once when they leave high school because they can think abstractly.

The worst part is that the money is 100% compartmentalized. If you don't need the tech, but you need more money elsewhere, tough shit. Also, if you don't use it all, they assume that you don't need it ever again and your budget goes down, next time an emergency happens and you need that cash, it's not there.