What's the best instant coffee brand?

What's the best instant coffee brand?
I need something to drink in the office that doesn't taste like dirty water. Alternatively, a good brand of tea

>instant coffee
>that doesn't taste like dirty water
????

Only one I've tried is Nescafe, and it's pretty awful.

Just get a tea pot and a decent loose leaf that you enjoy. Bonus points if it has a built in filter/infuser.

It should stay hot for a good hour or two. Supplement with a keurig just for the instant hot water.

No need to steep like a homo. Just scoop some in and enjoy a strong brew.

Believe me the coffee makers on my office can make some pretty nasty shit

why would you want instant coffee?
what are the circumstances?

I don't have access to the coffee makers, i can only pour whatever is in them in my mug, but i can't brew the coffee

Instant Coffee Type 1

Just get a Keurig. You will never look back.

how do you get hot water?

I've got you senpai

well it seems instant coffee is your only alternative what a shame
I can't advise you any instant coffee
Have a good day

if only there was some way to transport coffee made at home or bought at a coffee shop into the office, ideally keeping it hot for the entire workday

Get the fuck outta here, Type 2 is clearly superior

so why did you click

I drink instant coffee every day, nescafe medium roast, and I think its much better than a lot of the coffees I have been served by other people and even in the nearby cafe/coffee shop.

The process of making instant coffee is pretty simple. They brew huge batches of coffee using highly accurate temperature measures and chemical industry grade tools together with coffee experts to brew the perfect desired batch every time. Then they freeze dry the coffee in sheets, this removes the water without altering the flavor, then they lightly crush the freeze dried coffee and package it.

When you add the boiling water to the instant coffee, you just re-add water into the system, turning it into its original form of perfectly brewed coffee by coffee experts.

I don't see why sifting boiling water trough finely grounded coffee beans should necessarily produce any better flavor, and from my experience it usually hasn't.

People tend to add 5 huge heaping tablespoons of the shit into their water and then complain that the taste is muddled and dirty

like no shit. In small doses the flavor ain't bad for what it is.

How much creativity is tolerated in your office and how badly do you want decent coffee?

Anyway, here's what I'd do: use the same coffee you use at home. Grind coffee at home in the morning, portion into empty tea bags, and put them in a ziploc bag. Steep brew at work with the heated water cooler in your mug and toss.

>instant coffee
Europoors will defend this, and then have the nerve to tell Americans that they have bad taste.

Mmh, not bad idea, might try it

It works pretty well. Disposable empty tea bags are cheap, too.

I find Nescafe Classico to be just tolerable.

>coffee artists

Nescafe tastes like shit. For me, its Jacobs, the best instang coffee.

>This thread
>ctrl+f "cold brew". Zero results.
>These replies

Veeky Forums cannot into coffee.

Good cold brew only requires quality semi-coarse ground coffee, good water, a sealing glass container, and letting it sit overnight.

For the coffee beans, start with a medium-dark roast and experiment as you get time. If you have a local roaster, definitely start there. If not, get some Starbucks Eithiopian. Yeah, I know, "Starshmucks", but they're solid at roasting and everyone I've brewed the stuff for demands to know which beans I used. And ideally, buy whole bean and grind right at brew time. But if you have to start out with pre-ground, go ahead. Whichever you do, keep those beans/grinds in an airtight container, out of sunlight. A mason jar in a cabinet is great for this. Don't trust store bought containers that *seem* airtight. I've bought and donated many of those.

If your tap water tastes good, use it. If not, get a charcoal filter or use bottled water. Or just tolerate your tap water. Never use distilled. As for the glass container, mason jar works great. Do not let the coffee sit in the open air during brewing(or ever). It will taste like shit. And avoid using plastic. There are fats in the coffee and fats in plastics are a nusiance to clean and keep fresh tasting.

Filter the grinds with your Aeropress. Do not use a french press. The silly reclaimed screen-door filter mesh is shit. If you grind coarse enough for the filter, the coffee brew well. If you grind fine enough for the coffee, the filter doesn't filter it. They also sell parts for regular mason jars that keep the coffee inside a mesh during the brewing so you don't have to filter it. I have one but I never get around to trying it so I can't talk about it.

Besides tasting better, cold brew only needs to be pressed(or not if you use the mason jar internal mesh thingy?), so it's often the fastest.

>instant coffee brand
unironically pills. They all taste bad anyway so just buy caffine pills and down it with something good

For instant coffee, try OWL Nanyang White, or Vinacafe, or if you have a little more time, go for Cafe Dú Monde.

buy a nice thermos and make your own my guy, what the heckeroo

>ask for instant coffee
>goes on a tangent about cold brewed coffee

>there are people itt recommending nescafe

>I don't see why sifting boiling water trough finely grounded coffee beans should necessarily produce any better flavor, and from my experience it usually hasn't.
you lose the oils in the freeze drying process, but otherwise instant isn't all that bad. however, it doesn't hold a candle to a properly prepared cup of coffee

>Tea
Republic of Tea and Rishi have done well for me, but I haven't never gone brand-testing exhaustively. Whole-leaf, proper storage, and good brewing are probably more important for the average layperson. Also press your tea in your aeropress. In 2017 unless tea ceremony is a hobby of yours, those cast iron kettles are fedora-tier.

>Muh heat retention
Is for lengthy meetings and the lot. An aeropress or a pre-heated ceramic mug will go through the entire brew-time and more without losing nearly enough heat to be a detriment.

If you're replacing coffee, start with any black tea as it hast the most caffiene. But every kind of tea has caffiene, so be willing to try others. Tea has interesting health benifits that coffee doesn't and it's harder to overconsume tea than coffee.

>Muh teabags
In this case, pick Tazo or some brand that doesn't include "fanning" and "dust" sized tea fragments which bitter the results. And since all bags are fragmented tea, don't exceed 185º while brewing. Also, for better water-tea contact, cut open the bags and pour the tea into your aeropress, add the hot water, stir once, then press it.

..But, if you're just after caffiene, do what user said and eat NoDoz. Keeping in mind that if your nutrition and sleep hygiene are good, you don't need caffiene to function and feel good.

If you haven't tried this with coffee mate you shouldn't even post about instant coffee

I always drank roast to order from counter culture brewed in a pour over at home until i went to college and couldn't afford it anymore. I bought nescafe on a whim one day and hated it, but then eventually got used to it. It's like a different drink. It tastes the way real grounds smell after their brewed and you're throwing them in the trash. That said, i would prefer it to any of the keurig shit i've had at the office. Now I just make 500 ml of coffee in the morning in my V60 and put it in a thermos that keeps it warm all day. That is ultimately the best option for coffee throughout the day other than actual coffee shops which are a waste of money.

I like NesCafe classic to make Greek frappes

Question
My cold brew smells like its decomposing or that "stale" smell
What could be the reason?

This.
If you absolutely must have instant coffee, Azera is the best out there at the moment

This.

Just make hyphy mud
Instant coffee in Pepsi Max.

Kenco is goat.

Nescafe Azera is the best instant around. Not sure if it's available outside of UK though.

Yup.

>tall glass of milk
>2 tablespoons instant espresso
>2 tablespoons chocolate nesquick

Probably tastes better than whatever garbage you're drinking.

This...

Just buy a kettle and a french press

Lmao, this.

If you think NESCAFE is drinkable you are mentally ill.

This. Nescafe is entirely unpalatable. Whole Foods has a decent instant coffee but I forget which brand it is. Just get a thermos or buy a coffee pot/kettle and french press for your desk. You're doing this every single day, it's kinda worth it to optimize the experience.

the one you throw into the trash

If you don't think NESCAFE is drinkable you are mentally ill.