Can you tell someone's skin and hair color from their bones?

Can you tell someone's skin and hair color from their bones?

theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/ancient-face-cheddar-man-reconstructed-dna-spd/
nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069#/b1
nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3737365/
m.phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists-million-year-old-pre-human-balkans.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. But we do know when white skin evolved.

How?

what's the science behind that bust looking like a beat white trash woman with blackface on?

but it says right there in the title they're basing their assumption on dna analysis and not just how old he is.
it even says that they thought he was white before the dna analysis.

>Veeky Forums and /pol/ are this stupid

Is there any indication that this person was a slave or not?
It seems like a leap of logic to assume that this person resembled the average inhabitant of that time.

kek didn't know brits always looked like that

white people BTFO

This was 10,000 years ago, right around the time light skin started spread amongst early european groups. Not sure how later renditions of imported slavery fits this as well.

/pol/ will say that's white af because muh blue eyes.

lol are you trying to connect black slavery to something 10,000 years before, just to fit in with a political narrative you have?

No one has answered OP's question yet. I'm just gonna assume there's no reliable way to determine a person's skin color from their bones.

WE
the eternal anglo
that's reddit

You can

news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/ancient-face-cheddar-man-reconstructed-dna-spd/

what is genes

If, as stated, they could extract DNA from the bones, that explains it.

Modern forensic scientists can often make pretty good guesses of a murder victim's appearance only from the bones, no DNA required. The ratio of various skeletal and cranial dimensions (please don't start racial slurs about brain capacity) often indicates Caucasian, Negoid, or Oriental heritage. That, in turn, offers clues to hair color and curliness, skin tone, etc. But those are only probabilities. DNA is solid evidence.

Reminder that this was a DNA analysis done for a tv show and there is nothing scientific about it

Wow if only there were some blueprint that could be recovered from organic material that would let us know the traits of said organisms.

That would be some sci-fi shit right there.

If there are really genes that say for srue what a person's skin color was, what's all the debate about the ancient Egyptians about?

there's no debate, they looked middle eastern.
but there's a handful of retards who probably heard somewhere that the ancient Egyptians weren't white, and based on that made the assumtion that they were black because they might have forgotten that there are more than two races.
I don't think I've ever heard an actual biologist or a credible historian try to argue that ancient Egyptians were black.

>I don't think I've ever heard an actual biologist or a credible historian try to argue that ancient Egyptians were black.

Historian --> Basil Davidson, Stuart Tyson Smith
Anthropologist --> S. O. Y. Keita
Biologists will tell you that "race is not a good way to classify them"

if there are really satellites that can take pictures of the planet from space, what's all the debate about the flat earth?

They can't even tell whether t rex had feathers and change it up every year. Ski. Colorist highly unlikely when dealing with racesthat far back in time

Depends on if there is intact dna.
If there isn't, then we can use geology and tectonics to determine with reasonable likelihood.

>Biologists will tell you that "race is not a good way to classify them"
Those are leftist anthropologists and sociologists, not biologists. Biologist that make that claim are the same people that make the argument that species isn't a good way to classify animals.

DNA tests from mummies have been done and ancient Egyptians are less related to central Africans than modern Egyptians are.
nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069#/b1
nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

hate to break it to you, but you was in fact not kings

The consensus among biologists is that we should use clines.

Race is too superficial and based on subjective view, for example, "Black" doesn't means shit in Africa, and some African are closer to Europeans than to others African(haplogroup r1b1). So we need a better classification that isn't based on subjective view of phenotype, and clines are perfect for that.

Actually I don't really care if Egyptian were black or not, I was just giving people who believes Egyptians were blacks to the guy I replied to.

>Can you tell someone's skin and hair color from their bones?
Yeah, just sequence the DNA.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3737365/

We all came from Africa.

1. whats even the point of your post?

2. not necessarily
m.phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists-million-year-old-pre-human-balkans.html