Is it possible to terraform Venus? Even with proposals to modify its climate in the future?

Is it possible to terraform Venus? Even with proposals to modify its climate in the future?

Does hitting it with a big enough rock count?

Full solar shade will liquify the co2 and eventually freeze it in about 100 years. After that you have to figure out how to deal with the layer of dry ice and the need to import hydrogen. Anomalies related to the rapid cooling and volcanic activity not considered.
There's also a lot of nitrogen that might limit rocketry through aerodynamics but I guess fusion drives should be available for that undertaking anyway so big deal.
Doable, but not in the frames of existing nasa programs.

What if we solar shaded it to the point of liquid water, left the CO2 gaseous, and planted a bunch of plants and algae?

Simply too much free co2. It has to be "manually" processed on the surface one way or another before water and everything else is introduced.

The Traveler did it.

Isn't there water in the atmosphere? If you cool the planet down it should condensate. No such thing as too much CO2 for plants. They will thrive.

The planet is bone dry and yes there are cases where there is too much of something.

Terraforming is bad. Even a shithole like Venus has some value as it is. Changing it just to suit human tastes would be wrong.
Just build colonies and be happy with that.

>Is it possible to terraform Venus?
It's theoretically possible if time, cost, and resources were literally unlimited.
Venus doesn't have anything you can't get easier and cheaper somewhere else.

>possible
Yes
>doable
Not so much
>a reason to do so
No, Venus has no real benefit to humanity; as once we are able to terraform it, we'd be busy achieving greater things elsewhere.

If we had the technology to terraform a planet within the solar system, which one would be the most beneficial to us?

A jovian moon would be my choice.

How do you define your usage of "bad"? How do you justify your assessment of Venus's "value"? How do you define your usage of "wrong"?

Are you an actual fourteen year old child? A liberal-arts college student who gets confused when told that water is a chemical? Not even my Lutheran grandparents make such blind and unqualified moral standpoints.

If .37 g is enough to prevent bello jabies, Mars.

Venus has the problem of extremely long days, which might make it difficult to maintain livable surface temperatures even if the atmosphere is brought under control. Addressing this problem would likely require massive sunshades for the day-side and mirrors directing some light onto the night-side.

Mars just needs an atmosphere and an artificial magnetic field.

You could. It would be incredibly expensive and a huge waste of time. There is too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Because of its day night cycle, you’d need some sort of sun shade

>If .37 g is enough to prevent bello jabies

yes! you just need to pulverize some iron oxide meteors from the belt into it's atmosphere together with lots'a hydrogen you pumped from jupiter.....

Don't you give me a smug cat, we know so little about even microgravity that conjecturing on the negative effects of partial gravity is pointless.

We know nothing until actual tests are conducted.

>not raising clones in artificial wombs housed in centrifuges
It's like you don't want a genetically engineered martian masterrace.

If you let me

You could build a series of floating pipes and pumps from space elevator materials and just pump all the co2 up into space.

I should clarify, a cloud city, and part of it a hollow tube crafted as a space elevator would be, dipping one end into the tops of the co2 layer and the other just anchoring the pipe in free space and venting the co2.

Stop with these stupid terraforming threads!
We will NEVER terraform any planet. By the time we have the technology (this alone will take centuries) and the resources to do so, we would no longer need (or want) to terraform a planet.

This is why we never DO anything. People like you always want to wait until the next better way of doing it comes along.

Well theres always a new better tech on the horizon, we could have colonised asteroids in the fucking 80s. Funny thing is when you actually start to DO something you start to become very effective at it very rapidly.

We could learn a lot from actually doing something.

Didn't all the water boil into space?

Oh fuck we haven't even landed on another planet and it's already starting. We'll have ample time to study Venus and the the other planets but if we had the ability to terraform planets there's no reason to not do it, Venus is a lifeless hellscape, why not make it better? What value does Venus have to us other than planetary science?

>we could have colonized asteroids in the fucking 80’s
we couldn't even get regular launch schedule up and running. Let alone DO anything useful at all in space, except deploy satellites.

>No such thing as too much CO2 for plants
Let me guess, you're a math or physics major?

Engineering obviously

Fuck I didn't even consider that, dubs of truth