Whats the secret to good deviled eggs?

whats the secret to good deviled eggs?

Hot sauce

you need to have all the fundamental ingredients. EGG, sugar, salt, potatoe, mayo, mustard , dill, pickles, paprika. its like a rocket. you need everything to make it good. it cant fly with a part missing...uhhh other than that i got nothing. idk what deviled eggs youve been eating

catsun

ketshun

Honey mustard

Never heard of potato. Just as a thickener/filler for the "yolk topping"? Why is this a good thing, seems like it would add blandness to something that already needs a lot of help being not-bland.

Grated onion, celery, and carrot.

I use finely grated sweet onion, mustard, mayonaisse, wine vinegar, salt, sugar and top with a sprinkling of paprika. I dissolve the salt and sugar in the vinegar to make sure you don't bite down on grit, whip the egg yolk smooth so they're light and fluffy and make them at least a few hours ahead of time. I guess those are my secrets. If I'm really trying to impress some wench to increase my fucking chances, I'll top them with slivers of lox.

>mfw I put pickle brine and chili oil in mine

Not over-boiling the egg. It should be in the the consistency of the middle two in this pic.

Getting the seasoning JUST right, which is hard because you will have to keep tasting and adjusting without going overboard. Salt goes in last to make sure its the perfect amount. Use a taste-test egg to because the white is bland and is carried by the filling.

Some sort of vinegar to counter any eggyness.

Good mayo.

At least one fresh aromatic herb.

I know mustard is a key ingredient but I prefer them without

Yolk, mayo, cayenne, black pepper, and salt is all I need

So how exactly does one proposition the deviled eggs over tinder?

1. The eggs must be cooked just right. I do 7 minutes of high pressure on the manual setting of my Instant Pot.
2. Fresh made mayo. Use the Serious Eats Stick Blender recipe. It takes less than 2 minutes to make God-tier mayo.
3. Then you need to pick a flavor profile. The yolks and some mayo is beginning. Pimento cheese and bacon, huevos rancheros, fried green tomatoes, the sky is the limit.

Get some practice. Cooking a dozen eggs gives you 24 pieces. Make 4-6 types each batch until you get flavor profiles you like.

Oh, I guess you misunderstood. I meant I top the wench with slivers of lox, not the deviled eggs. I assume you just put that you like to do that in your profile.

What the fuck are you doing with potato in deviled eggs?

A bit of horseradish.

I don't like mustard but a small amount of yellow mixed in with the yolk adds just the right amount of sharpness to the yolk.

A PINCH of curry powder. Not too much, just a pinch, it really brings it all together.

>not making potato based deviled eggs

They have to be made by an old lady at a baptist church

I add habaneros in the food processor and sprinkle them with ghost pepper flakes

Having lived in flyover Burgershartia most of my life, I have to say that they do it well in the midwest.

was waiting for someone to post this
[spoiler]I use a lot of curry powder though[/spoiler]

That's all well and good but answer the fookin question!

Turmeric.

MUSTARD

WITHOUT MUSTARD, DEVILED EGGS ARE NOTHING

Homemade mayonnaise.

Mirepoix in deviled eggs? Okay...

>i always bring deviled eggs to potlucks hosted by edgy 20 year olds in their mom's basement

Garlic. I've seen a lot of weird shit people do with these eggs, but I usually go with simplicity. Egg, mayo with the yolk, garlic, and maybe something else.

I just mix cooked yolk with mayo, salt, pepper and a tiny tiny amount of some kind of mustard and jam it back into the egg halves then sprinkle a light dusting of paprika on top. Quick easy and just fine for me. If I make egg salad, exact same ingredients except I mash the egg white up in there too.

Deviled eggs should be fairly simple like this.