When are we going to finally reverse the aging process?

When are we going to finally reverse the aging process?

Tomorrow

The next day after you die.
Just kidding.
The real answer is never.

Whenever I feel like figuring out how
>tfw smart but lazy

Id rather get turned into a brain in a robot. Immune to space radiation, gadgets sprouting from my limbs, eight legs supporting my...

This isnt the thread for this is it...

Its possible the method is already known but the earth cant support infinite humans and evolution must go on.

Probably after we all die.

Famines and other catastrophic events will naturally stabilize the population.

can already do it but 20 years to shuttle through the FDA and another 20 for your broke ass to afford it

Yes, everybody wants to turn into spermat and egg,

Thats a perfectly reasonable attitude for nature but not so attractive within ourselves.

I think the most important step toward ensuring all humans can thrive to their fullest potential most easily is to solve resource scarcity and competition.

From there you can work toward a publicly accessible age reversal treatment.

Now Im going to go ahead and say its not needed now. For people in the recent couple of generations its not unreasonable to expect a lifespan exceeding 100yrs.

But are you going to make the most of it? Im a strong believer in that a large portion of cognitive and physical decline and due to an individuals neglect of themselves. Most people reach an age where they dont really want to live anymore but are afraid to die.

So eternal life is scientifically feasible within our lifespans however you arent going to be young and beautiful probably not for another century or two so what are you going to look forward to because 200yrs is a long time to spend as an old person constantly in surgery...

>Eternal
No. To quote Kubo and the Two Strings.
>Not infinite. Stories end.
Short of some Stephen Baxter's Xeelee Sequence shit where we can create/hop universes reliable enough to do it forever, or we discover new physics to reverse entropy/etc, we'll get got by the universe sooner or later.

But brain itself ages too, you know

Sure it is user, I just want to know how I can live forever.

The hard problem is a retard problem.

Our minds are the phenomena per se, the actual problem is that we feel as such special snowflakes.

So what, you're telling me we can achieve immortality just the mind breaks down where the body doesn't? Then why are there no 80 year olds that look perfectly young?

wat?

Our minds are being processed by our brains, just like MS Word is being processed by an Intel i3 (of course this is an simplification).

Our minds *are* the program. The medium that contains them (brain and body in general) is prone to get rusty and this affects how our "mental programs" run.

"Yesterday" would be a slightly funnier answer.

Yeah we've been trying to reverse it for the past 59 years. I hope CRISPR and turrotopsis dornhi has the answer.

Entropy remains undefeated, lads.

That is called "free will" to move against entropy?

Gene therapy...

You need bunch of hormones synthesized out of body. That's all.

We already did it for mice 6 years ago, but they got cancer. Your question is pointless.

how can we deal with cancer then?

Maybe I am making some logical mistake here but it seems crazy to me to be talking about reversing aging and transhumanism when there are so many illnesses that doctors/scientists don't know the cause of and can't cure.

Just replace the cab with a sensor array and additional object manipulators. Send me to mars, ill spend a century building shit just for kicks.

Likely yes. Accidents also happen all the time. Eternal is an overstatement at least until we think we can download our consciousness into hard media. Not something Im keen on trying.

Thats a process we need to understand better and combat effectively. The brain is the only organ we need to gain extra lifespan. Thats where the focus should be. After a few centuries as a robot you might not even want your genetically engineered brainless vat cloned body when it arrives...

lol

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LVE FOREVEER? FOREVEEEEEEEEER

The biggest problem we face.

Most people become pretty fatalistic after their fifties and theyve had kids. A lot is mindset but a lot also is science we dont understand yet.

yes, duh

the day after you're buried

Soon as you are dead OP.
We are just...literally waiting until you die. Then we will go into type 9001 civilization in like 5 seconds. Like, literally monitoring your heart rate and activity as we speak so we can guess when and where you will bite the bullet approximately then we will all climb out of our basements and think tanks to do nothing but build the base of all its mega structures. EXACTLY the society of eternal life YOU wanted, PRECISELY on the spot you died. Yes OP.

>tfw no eternal life

feels bad man

Whenever scientists are allowed to do more research on cloning and gene-manipulation. Not that much has happened in that part of science after Dolly, spare artificially fertilising human eggs
>inb4: You're not read up, user
No, I am not, but as far as I know, gene-splicing, especially that which includes human genes is highly limited by laws in most countries that have the economy and education to have the highest likeliness of success

You do realise that reversing or halting the effects of age doesn't make you immortal, right? A bullet to the head or a rope around the neck are only two ways to end it even if you should stop getting wrinkles in your face

science is meme so probably never

the people and groups working on it are doing a good enough job. But it will really pick up towards the end of the 2020's.

The key will be building a medical research AI;

a medical research AI that has been uploaded with every medical text ever written. The usual suspects are already trying to prevent this.

After that gets done, rigging that same AI up so that it gets updated in real time with every new medical text, journal, paper, even random articles, as they are published in real time.

Build that AI up to human level, and beyond, intelligence by about 2029.

That AI should be able to solve it by about 2035; 2040 at the latest.

The main thing it will come down to is using nanotechnology to cure all disease and repair damage at the cellular level, and Crispr to permanently alter DNA.

InB4 "muh AI doesnt exist,"

nice fantasy brainlet
singularity by 2045 !!!

>When are we going to finally reverse the aging process?

When we stop killing all of the smart people to keep the propagandists and social engineers in power.

i could get all the medical texts uploaded into that AI, and rig it up to get the real time updates right now.

if it wasnt for the

"Muh, Copyright infringement $100,000 per infringement, pay me a royalty for a medical text book upload from 1958."

"dont care about your plans to cure all diseases!!"

as to the getting the AI to human level by 2029, easy.

putting the same AI on to nanotechnology development, another on Crispr development, and one on putting the whole package together 2030-2040, also easy.

You know if this ever exists it will be a system by which white people siphon life to blacks and arabs.