Is it worth it to learn Mandarin for science research...

Is it worth it to learn Mandarin for science research? China has now surpassed the US in research output and there's a shitton of papers that haven't been translated. Along with the majority of STEM students being Chinese, is it going to be necessary to learn Mandarin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I427uEiI5nI
money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/technology/weapons-of-math-destruction/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've thought of learning Mandarin just as a backup in case one day China is the only place that will take white political refugees.

No.

Why? Mandarin could become the lingua franca of non-SJW and politically correct science.

If you truly believe that Mandarin will become that relevant then learning right now will allow you to be ahead of the curve because you will know the language when everybody is still learning it.
But if it doesn't become the lingua franca then you will have wasted a lot of time.

>Impliing every Mandarin research paper is objective.

Would also make it easier to get a qt Chinese gf

When you consider the fact that china actually cheats/fudges allot of its research data; no

I don't think you need English for that

Mandarin* lol

more like the lingua franca of fraudulent plagiarist science

just rich and/or black

I always hear that but like to have some evidence, have any articles about it?

Yes. Europe and America are falling due to "diversity" and liberal studies. We are experiencing the downfall of the western civilization and dumbing down the population through mixing with Mexicans Negroids Arabs and others.

Observe Brasil and see where USA, Canada UK and other "western" countries are heading.

No. Learning another language besides English is a waste of time nowadays. English is a far more easy language to learn than Mandarin. While westerners, after putting years of study and practice will attain an intermediary level in Mandarin, the chinese will be writing and speaking like Shakespeare with the same effort.
Learn how to do stuff and you will be employable anywhere, anytime. Shit like languages, leadership and creativity are secondary and won't employ you at all if you don't master the knowledge required to do the work first.

I'm chinese and i can tell you NO because you can find top and most important latest researches in english. Others are trash. But you can do it as well since chinese meme best meme.
信不信由你

is a far easier* language

>tfw I spent 3 years of my life learning Attic Greek in order to read Plato
>I could have learned both Spanish and French or German in that time and had a kickass resume
>too ashamed to put an "Ancient Language" section on my resume

I say go ahead and learn it. I natively speak English and I know Spanish and just after a single year of studying I'm already at HSK 4 and I can have conversations pretty easily. Taiwan is also cool as fuck so yeah doesn't hurt to learn it either way.

Taiwan is liberal.

>Chinese papers
>Original

Beware their narrative.

>their
Go ahead and add the parentheses, we all know you want to.

Oh no! Somebody has an ideology different than mine! However are we to get along?!

>Shit tons of Chinese Papers

Shit tons of *Low Quality Rip Offs.

prove him wrong, nigger.

So just like any other country in the world that tries to weaponise science?

Unironically this.

>I’m going to fucking strangle our recently fired inspector.
Kek, are there any other interesting stories ‘bout chinese?

OR not? Knowing mandarin is definitively a good point for on your resume

It's not necessarily good because it means you may have to work with the Chinese, which I certainly wouldn't want to do

You don't need to know any language for that. You just need money.
youtube.com/watch?v=I427uEiI5nI

I've never read any writing works by Chinese that approaches Shakespeare. They only care about TESOL scores and similar metrics. Most Chinese usually max out at chinglish. They study English at their universities but are being taught English by Chinese natives who were taught by Chinese natives, and if they are taught by a native English speaker it's only 1 or 2 classes a week. The result is that they speak English with Chinese intonation and Chinese phrasing because they rarely speak it outside of class or with native speakers.

No, just like spelling is a useless skill (spell checkers), being able to speak more than one language is useless (real-time computer translation is good and getting better). Do not waste your you time learning a new language unless it something you like to do.

>is it worth it to learn any language other than English?
For any reasons other than showing off, no. The reason being that English translates to a keyboard better than any other language. Technology is going to be the reason that everyone on the planet speaks English, at least as a second language. This is already pretty much the case. I traveled through Europe last year and i didnt need to learn any other languages. Everyone i met spoke English, including a high school kid working at McDonalds in Italy. Even if the Chinese take over the entire world, they will likely do it while primarily communicating in English.

>but look at this Chinese keyboard/document
Cool, i can guarantee you it would have been more efficient to type it in English.

Top tier journals are in English. Top tier universities are in the United States. Top quality research work is done in the United States. Quantity does not means quality OP.

I'd still learn Chinese. Theres a quite a few Chinese qt3.14s in graduate school. Improve your sexual fitness user.

我學中文三年差不多。覺得很有趣很好玩。我剛開始學俄羅斯語

ask me anything, reddit

>Theres a quite a few Chinese qt3.14s in graduate school. Improve your sexual fitness user.

>Chinese qts
This is a good reason

I like how people are saying this despite the fact that China is actually the most outreaching east asain country in terms of interaction and trade with Black Africans, Middle Easterns and South Americans. It's almost as if you don't know what you're talking about, haven't done any research on their global actions and putting a savior fallacy on them.

>plastic surgery and copious amounts of make up
Chinks are fucking ugly

thats koreans you racist fuck

inb4 blown the fuck out amerimutts/anglos

But i think not today

>Chinks are fucking ugly
Agreed... who in the world could POSSIBLY be attracted to a Chinese woman?!

Asian languages for QT Asian GFs

>non-SJW and politically correct science.

You mean pseudo-science?

Yeah, how many blacks, Arabs or mestizos have been invited to live in China?

>Diversity is our strength
Cries the country that is being surpassed by a 95% homogenous one, and in fact was an 85% homogenous apartheid state at the peak of its own power and influence

Math IS a liberal study , so is science

Bullshit, math is racist af

money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/technology/weapons-of-math-destruction/index.html

>black
good one

Clearly you fucked up. Why didn't you read the thread?

this is chick who thinks this.

learning mandarin require a high iq, so no

They're still a great thing to have on your resume. And learning a language is a better use of your time than posting on Veeky Forums or playing vidya.

Don't fall for the asian girlfriend meme.

Their skin is yellow it's like sleeping with an alien.

A big chunk of the world's population do speak mandarin but where do you think would these mandarin-speaking people be found in?

>research output and there's a shitton of papers that haven't been translated
Turns out many are pure fabrication and remain best untranslated.

C'mon, Brazilian papers are not bad. We just don't have enough money to do big stuff, but we aren't plagiaristic cunts.
I study in one of the main research institutes here and they're pretty rigorous towards that.

/thread
English is easier to type, easier to teach (the basic conversation skills), it's already everywhere you go and almost all the important papers are already in English. There's no need to change it to a language that's hard to type, hard to learn and that no one knows except for the Chinese.

>pure fabrication
you mean the ones where actual work goes into that get cited maybe once?
The west has no chance against those monsters.. those people are all or nothing, they sleep maybe 4 hours a day.

I don't know why you guys overestimate the Chinese so much. All they have is number.
If you have a group of 10 really smart people and one of 1000 retarded ones, the group of 10 would probably be better at whatever you gave them to do.
I'm not saying that the Chinese are retarded, but most of them are just regular people. You talk like they were all geniuses and their government gave a damn about them.

>be better at whatever you gave them to do.
Implying that whatever you gave them requires only intelligence, of course, and not muscle power.

The S in BRICS is upper case and stands for South Africa. The meme is funny nevertheless.