Shoot two spaceships in opposite directions. Both at 0.50000000000000000000000000000001c

Shoot two spaceships in opposite directions. Both at 0.50000000000000000000000000000001c

Photons from one spaceship won't reach other, because nothing can travel faster than light.

Black holes are object that are traveling so fast that photons from it can't reach us, because they are traveling slow, because photons have inertia too, haven't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapidity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So if we shoot laser from a train, train is going faster than light compared to speed of photon.

*relative position of photon.

No!
I assume you're a troll so I won't bother working out the correct number.

So we'll have different speed of light then?

"speed of light can apply only in a place where light does not travel"

Nobody can tell what is happening in a sentance :/ Which can be even "No!
I assume you're a troll so I won't bother working out the correct number." keystrokes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect

The two spaceships see each other's time as slowed down. From one's perspective, the other is moving at 0.8c, while time flows at 0.6x their own.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapidity

Good, but clocks on both ships have same ticks.

"effect would be negated by the fact they have to meet to compare" ...

Meeeheeh.

Do you realize, that comic rays can be "radio" from aliens spaceships that are surrounding us from every direction?

Back to with you, Red Green.

Photons have no mass, trolli polli

Learn what special relativity is.

>Black holes are object that are traveling so fast that photons from it can't reach us,

Yeah, I once saw a beer can thrown out of a speed boat, and it was fucking mystical - I couldn't swim up to the beer can - obviously because the speed boat was moving faster than I could swim.
Hallelujah you're a genius.
To which address can we send you the Nobel physics prize.

Velocities do not add linearly, that is a nice approximation that ignores the real nasty formula of relativity

Photons don't have mass, and inertia wouldn't have an effect on photons, they would just travel at the speed of light in the opposite direction regardless of how fast or close to the speed of light you're moving, and catch up to the other ship, albeit redshifted a bit

Even if add them to zero?

With doppler effect and speed of light -1m/s I achieved whopping shift of really big number...

Like.... 1/300 000 000 shift aprroximately
"redshifted a bit"

How does time dilatation work when I have reference frame of two photons shot in opposite dirrection?

Nothing travels by speed of light, but delta distance per time thus relative velocity is 2c for distant observer.

i.e. information does not travel greter than speed of light, but two points having distance being really huge to each other can get information at same time.

Doppler effect dipshit.

No mass, no innertia.

Affected by gravity...

Are you sure?

Different optical density of space due to time dilatation which light passes at different speeds "empty space" but there is constant of it speed in vacuum...

You dudes should come up with something...

Not so "empty"

You are either an highschool student or a biologist am I correct?

No, Junkie with interest in any unreasonable bullshit.

The other ship would appear redshifted if you look out of your window, but yes eventually you wouldn't be able to see it. Also you would be dead from acceleration.

0.5 + 0.5 = 0.8
On the other hand, 1.0 + any number equal to or less than 1.0 = 1.0

Velocities don't add (or subtract) as "common sense" tells you when you start approaching lightspeed. Instead "velocity potentials" add. VPs are arcHyperbolicTan of V. V is hyperbolicTangent of VP.
Each ship will see the other receding at 0.8 c.
Each ship will see the other appear severely red-shifted.
Each ship will see clocks in the other ship running slow.

Your notion of what a black hole is is wrong, wrong, wrong!