What's your comfort food Veeky Forums?

What's your comfort food Veeky Forums?

Helps me sleep at night

Chicken with veggies with rice noodles, coconut milk and red curry paste, I always add ginger to the mix aswell..

those are some ugly women

Big Mac and fries

ur'your'yourre're'you'are mom

White trash spagetti.

Jarred prego/ragu, ground beef, shredded cheddar, kraft sawdust parmesan.

cheddar? wtf?

>scones with jam
do americans really do this?

Something about liver is very comforting for me

Warm buscuits and gravy

>scones
ya'll brits sure are wacky

Buttered scones and scones with jam have been things longer than America has existed.

alcohol

Korean men and women look exactly alike except the length of their hair.

Spag with ketchup. The finest food to come out of Sweden

I just use Tomato Puree.
Most ketchups are to sweet, and I'm not willing to pay for the "gourmet" stuff.

Burger and chips. Had a shite day? Burger and chips to console me. Had an awesome day? Burger and chips to celebrate.

Alternatively, peanut butter. Peanut butter everything.

boiled garlic sausage with mashed potatoes, just like ma used to make.

this

Mashed potatoes with ground beef and baked beans with a bit of chili sauce. Put the beef and bean mixture on top of the potatoes.
It's so pleb but it does the trick. I mainly have it when I don't want to put the effort into making something else.

Bugolgi

Chili or stew. I don't even brown the beef first because that's not comfy/lazy that's just unnecessary

Why do you hate flavor so much?

What do you mean, if I brown the beef then the fat will cook out. Fat = flavor

Have you heard of butter?

> if I brown the beef then the fat will cook out. Fat = flavor

you dumb fuck

COOKED fat = flavor. Browning adds flavor via the Maillard reaction.

This right here. Fat by itself contributes nothing. You need to brown it for the Malliard.

Besides which, the fat cooks out anyway while the meat cooks, even if you use raw unbrowned meat.

kraft mac n cheese

>maillard
You guys sound like califags

Anything with a shit load of fat & salt... basically, junk food.

>oh no they realized I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about I'd better deflect the argument

French do it with croissants.

Fat don't evaporate, it stays at the bottom of the pan.
Some remove it, but you don't have to.

>French chemists are Californians.

But you're not a French chemist. You're an user who heard a snazzy term on the web and now you think you know all there is to know.

Ok what term should all of us non-french non-chemists use for it?

Pic related is my comfort foods. I was recently sick and went out and bought all this. Chips inside of a bologna sandwich is top tier comfort food

Who said anything about "that's all you need to know".?

user asked what the point of browning the meat was. We answered. I don't see the problem here.

mac and cheese and ham

literally heavenly senpaitachi

Fries with beef jerky and half-cooked eggs is comfort food?

a fellow texas fag. decent taste, too.

damn now I want to order some balgoli

I don't associate foods with my emotional state.

Chicken parm

>In light of the events in Las Vegas
You sorry queef shit sucking normie faggot. Usually something fatty and carb heavy. Not to be mistaken with junk food like chips. Think country food or Thanksgiving food. Happy fatass food.

That's normal in Britain you retard

>implying the vegas shooting was scary

definitely boeuf bourguignon with mashed potatoes and red cabbage. Put a bit of soft goat cheese in the mash, really nice. Also cook the red cabbage in fresh applejuice with apples a shalot, cloves, cinnamon stick, a batleaf and a bit of sugar, salt and pepper. Perfect coziness. Second choice is probably split pea soup.

Chicken and dumplings, manchego. The comfiest of the comfy foods.

>Americans have mass shootings so often they plan meals around them
You can't make this shit up.

Wrong. If we planned our meals around them we wouldn't be doing anything other than planning meals. They only make headlines when they break a record like vegas did.

What happened?

Shepherds Pie

I had some tonight

There's nothing better.

Some goofy guy sprayed down a crowd of 22,000 with bullets from 32 stories up. Only killed 50.

O B S E S S E D

You've now realised that most women are nothing without their make-up, to top that off, the whole image of women in countries over the world would be affected if not a single one would wear make-up.

Macaroni and cheese is god tier comfort food for me

>AJC

I think you're misunderstanding, the term is soul food, not seoul food.

Either just a ton of scrambled eggs (like ten), and dry toast in if I'm having a "kys" type of morning.
Otherwise, potatoes au gratin. Having a mandolin has saved my life, dude. You should give it a go sometime, they'd bomb af. Get some taters, slice the extra thin, bring some milk (amount depends on the size of your endgame pan/ the amount of cheese you use) to a slow boil and add about 3/4 of your cheese slowly and whisk (add whatever spices you like, I wouldn't reccomend anything spicy because comfort food. Tbh if your cheese is nice enough you really don't need any. Maybe just a little bit of pepper), while you make your cheess sauce, cook your taters on a parchment lined baking sheet at about 375 until they're crisply.
Make SURE to let them get a little crispy around the edges. Move them from your baking sheet into a casserole dish, and pour your cheese sauce on them.
Add the remaining 1/4 amount of cheese and put the casserole dish on broil but keep an eye on it so it doesn't get burnt.
>wa la
If you decide to try this and fuck around, DO NOT BUT the Betty Crocker instant-ish shit.
I'm also proud that this is something I've taught myself, not just some "mom can I habe it again" recipes from growing up.

Jesus Christ in a sidecar hanging on the fucking cross. That's the longest post I've ever typed on mobile.
Someone please try that, make it worth my time and effort senpai(s).

No bitch

Freshly made croutons or fried bread in salt, pepper, paprika and garlic

My last remaining crutch

no bitch

Gnocchi parboiled then sauteed in butter with brussels sprouts (separated into leaves), shallot, garlic and sage. I always have the ingredients on hand and it's

My comfort foods are usually something hearty and filling. I like potato soups, especially potato, broccoli, and cheddar soup. With a side a crispy, buttered texas toast.

Or a thick piece of buttermilk fried chicken breast covered in gravy with a side of cream potatoes.

Pic related. It's me.

I worked at a place with a "seoul food" light-up sign.
Owner was kind of a cunt, but jesus fuck he could make good bibimbap and hotwings. Free lunch before every shift too, even if the fucker made us pool our tips and give him 5%

thicc

>Nyquil
>Comfort food

user are you okay?

I boiled my garlic sausage into ur mum's mashed potatoes

Praise heb brother

Cocks. Shame I'm running low lately.

>record breaking shooting
Who's gonna break it?

>I was recently sick and went out and bought all this
Try reading the post before you decide to open your dick licker, faggot

i am become erect

t. massive faggot who is still afraid of relying on based taters

Las mejores toallitas para bebés

>beef jerky
Never talk to me or my iberian ham ever again

Instant noodles in a mix of soy sauce, fried garlic oil, sesame oil and hoisin sauce

home made kaiserschmarn

Why are reditors such massive faggots?

Fucking disgusting. Get the fuck outta here Reddit cuck faggot

Homemade Lasagna.

this

Pasta and Meatballs
Greek Chicken
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chili
Minestrone
Pizza

They had female teachers teaching cultural Marxism and learned to hate themselves

korean women and men alike without plastic surgery are the ugliest asian race by far.

Nice

>HEB
You're alright user.

Switch the colby for some HEB habanero pepper jack, some decent whole wheat bread instead of white, and add some veggies user.

Get the fuck out of here faggot. It's a comfort food thread

>and now you think you know all there is to know
wew dat defensive insecure projecting

FILTHY
PROZZIE
ARSE

burger with bacon jam, or chicken and waffles

My husband thinks I'm the prettiest. I usually don't wear any make up and only sometimes wear eye liner.

>>scones
Learn english muhammad

Oh man.. those sour cream donuts.

I am most likely wearing about 20lbs of those right now.