I recently tried rice with turmeric and fell in love. What else is turmeric good on, Veeky Forums?

I recently tried rice with turmeric and fell in love. What else is turmeric good on, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/seasons-eating-fresh-turmeric-and-chicken-curry-1200424
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rice + butter + tumeric + dried pepper flakes is my new comfort food

Where did the turmeric meme come from?
My local supermarket has a turmeric latte.
It's just a normal latte with a teaspoon of powdered turmeric added at the start. It's gritty and earthy.

Fucking """super foods"""

Try it with butter on popcorn

I love meat doria made with turmeric rice. Pic for reference.

It doesn't even taste like anything, it just makes stuff yellow.

Probably someone looking for something new after getting bored with ginger. Fresh turmeric is nice, but I find dry turmeric to be mostly bland and overly bitter.

I can't believe turmeric became a meme food.

Who is ready for white 'people' to make turmeric an expensive luxury 'superfood'? Embrace it.

This!

That's saffron

But tumeric is good for your heart and biogastroniomical health. I know because it was the title of an article on facebook that I never read

Nah, saffron has a distinct taste. Turmeric does, too, so I don't really know what that other user is on about.

Try it fresh, not the processed powder.

>processed powder

did this just become a wypipo thread? how much do you pay for tumeric?

Tumeric has been a """superfood""" for literal thousands of years

let them eat turmeric; shit is cut with heavy metals and rat feces. qc and oversight none.

Most herbs and spices have tons of nutrients, vitamins, minerals and more

Supplement companies discovered a few years ago that putting them in gelatin capsules meant you could charge 700%+ markup so every month or two you now get a new superfood as a result of marketing towards the social and blogosphere and people pay more for foods that should be on the spice rack of any normal kitchen.

C'est la vie.

>It doesn't even taste like anything
Stop buying shit-tier brand spices.

Indeed, fresh roots are best.

Fresh is about $4/lb in my area. 1 lb is a fuckload of raw turmeric by the way.

>POO

U Irish?

mix it with a bit of chili powder and garam masala.
The three main powders for any curry

A lot of people hate turmeric because they use too much of it and don't cook it long enough. This makes everything very bitter. If you want to ingest large amounts of turmeric you should be making something like this.

food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/seasons-eating-fresh-turmeric-and-chicken-curry-1200424

So I should get the whole dried stuff? Or spring for some fresh? Will it mold if I don't use it fast enough? Not a memer. It's been an everyday spice for me my whole life.

Fresh is best. Whole dried is next. Dried powder is worst.

>>will it mold
Probably, but I wouldn't know. I keep mine in the freezer.

It tastes like brick dust

What's it like buying shit-tier spices, user?