Being religious but avoiding reading any atheist philosophy

>Being religious but avoiding reading any atheist philosophy
>Being atheist but avoiding reading any nihilist philosophy
>Being nihilist but avoiding reading any antinatalist/pessimist philosophy

You nice and cozy in your echo chamber, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

dgrnewsservice.org/resistance-culture/radical-feminism/lierre-keith-the-girls-and-the-grasses/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just avoid reading all together, really

I lost you after the first line.

Why would an atheist refuse reading nihilism, or a nihilist avoid reading antinatalism?

I would have rather thought that all three of those go together well on some level.

t. atheist, existential nihilist and antinatalist

>t. atheist, existential nihilist and antinatalist

I know some atheists who do, although now that I think about it they aren't very interested in reading in the first place.

LOL no, I'm actually very passionate about politics, the kind of person many would call "SJW", the complete opposite of a "nothing matters" edgelord.

Being atheist simply means I don't believe in the supernatural. That much is simple.

Being an existential nihilist means that on some philosophical level, I acknowledge that life has no intrinsic value. It is only my personal emotions of joy and sadness that have any real value to me. Morals are, theoretically, redundant. I could be a sadist and no cosmic being would judge me for it. However, I have a deep fixation with improving the human condition. It's like an empathy virus that's taken over my mind so I won't ever be able to feel joy when others are suffering, even though I could, rationally speaking, not give a shit about them. I'm literally incapable of following through with my own rational conclusion and becoming an ultimate narcissist.

Being an antinatalist means that I don't have much hope in humanity recovering from its current condition of causing mass suffering to itself and to other animals that are able to feel pain. Ideally, humanity would gradually go extinct so it couldn't fuck up stuff anymore. But this can't be realistically achieved so the practical politics I follow are in part damage control and in part shilling for ideals such as those of Deep Green Resistance.

dgrnewsservice.org/resistance-culture/radical-feminism/lierre-keith-the-girls-and-the-grasses/

t. clinically tested 130+ IQ male radical feminist

>

>clinically tested
I can tell that much is true.

Keep'em coming, I enjoy these memes.

I was indeed in a psyche ward.

Anyhow.

A bit embarrassing nowadays, but I used to do a lot of teenage existential angst based navel gazing, and I just got reminded of some pretty interesting ideas I used to have. Maybe one day I'll write a book on it, though it's worthless from a political perspective. It's literally just first-world privileged navel gazing.

Still, here goes:

I found this three-tier framework of viewing life, after thinking so much about the meaning of life.

The first step is existential nihilism as a fact of life. There is no grand cosmic being that you must obey. No grand plan of the universe you need to be part of. No intrinsic meaning to all the physical reactions happening throughout the universe everywhere at all moments. Any meaning we put upon raw reality is entirely in our minds. Reality itself just is. It simply is, period. No meaning to it, no goal, no logical reason to anything except for the arbitrary "logic" of empirically observed laws of physics.

The second step is coming to the realization that, despite the meaninglessness of reality, oneself is able to feel emotions, in particular joy and sadness. Positive and negative emotions. Reality has no meaning beyond *you*, but to you personally your feelings make a difference. So on a not cosmic but personal level, there is meaning after all, and it is emotions. Emotions of joy are the one and only meaning of life. Maximizing positive emotions is the only intrinsically good thing in life. It is the absolute rational goal in life. Hedonism.

But then, third step and plot twist: the human mind is capable of self manipulation to some degree, to actually control what causes joy in the first place! Ideologically motivated people set goals that would seem arbitrary on a cosmic level and find joy in achieving them. With enough meditation, a person should be capable of finding it enjoyable to lie on his bed and drool all day. This would be the ultimate nirvana.

It gets a bit tricky with the needs of the human body though, as per its concrete physical composition (especially the chemical reactions in the brain). So more realistically than drooling on your back all day, you may be able to find happiness in a relatively normal, dull lifestyle, involving working an average job, going on a walk occasionally for movement and fresh air, consuming cheap mass media to sate your emotions, smoking weed occasionally, finding a stoner gf/bf to cuddle and fugg every once and then, and so on.

And lo and behold, a lot of people in the first world already automatically tend towards such a lifestyle. Especially the youth who give up ideals and just begin to fuck around. Especially a lot of dumb people. Humans are animals, after all, who are instinctively drawn to whatever fuckery they feel like doing, unless ideals or hardships cause them to react.

And so the circle closes.

>writing all this shit
>posting an anime face

>LOL no, I'm actually very passionate about politics, the kind of person many would call "SJW", the complete opposite of a "nothing matters" edgelord.
>he somehow thinks this is not the textbook definition of nihilism

>being bluepilled but avoiding reading any blackpill philosophy

>implying I read any of your shit
Flex your bitch ass back to r/books.

This kind of discourse, in any healthy society, should be answered to with simple, physical violence.
You need to get your skull caved in, you subhuman piece of shit.
You testify against life and health, because you wish death ; and in truth I tell you this : life and health will testify against you, and you shall taste death.

Why not? Anime faces are cute.

They give me
>positive emotions

Can you elaborate? I thought the nihilist edgelord meme was about a privileged guy who is "beyond" petty things like social justice politics, because all those people who get flustered over politics are just not "enlightened" enough (never mind them suffering extreme forms of oppression).

Wow, I actually laughed out loudly. Not sure if you're being ironic.

"In 1800, at the beginning of the Industrial Age, there were one billion people. Now there are seven billion. Six billion are only here because of fossil fuel. Eating a non-renewable resource was never a plan with a future. Yet pointing that out somehow makes me a mass murderer." -- Lierre Keith

>Can you elaborate? I thought the nihilist edgelord meme was about a privileged guy who is "beyond" petty things like social justice politics, because all those people who get flustered over politics are just not "enlightened" enough (never mind them suffering extreme forms of oppression).
>anime reaction images
>is a feminist SJW subscribing to all that riff-raff
I'm starting to think the ideas you subscribe to, actually are beneficial. They are a poison which only the weak decide to taste ; and thus they are weeded out.

>"In 1800, at the beginning of the Industrial Age, there were one billion people. Now there are seven billion. Six billion are only here because of fossil fuel. Eating a non-renewable resource was never a plan with a future. Yet pointing that out somehow makes me a mass murderer." -- Lierre Keith
Funny you'd post that quote. You should pray your non-gender-specific deity, every single day, from now on, that oil will last as long as possible ; because as soon as it runs dry, you and your kind will be slaughtered. The universal conflagration is coming ; it is only being delayed by oil. Pray that you'll have the chance to die before it happens.

I don't understand, user.
First of all, what do anime reaction images have to do with the whole topic?
Secondly, do you realize that the philosophy I've laid out (which is absolute narcissism) and my politics (which is solidarity with the less privileged) directly contradict each other, as I've mentioned explicitly above? So are you criticizing my philosophy of narcissism, or my politics of empathy?
Thirdly, I don't see how neither the philosophy nor the politics are related to being week and how they would "weed out" anyone?

It all makes no sense.

I think you missed the part where she's advocating for immediate direct political action to bring down the system that's going in the direction you've mentioned. DGR is like, literally endorsing infrastructure sabotage on a mass international scale to bring down civilization ASAP in a way that's controlled by pro-life ideals, which is presumed to be better than it happening in an ad-hoc way (or a way controlled by the global elite that caused this whole mess in first place) where everyone suffers even worse. Also, *all* of us will be prone to being "slaughtered." What makes you think progressively minded people will be more prone to suffering from all this?

you. i like you. keep on truckin'.

That picture is really confusing.

*tips fedora*

What is education user?

Consider the following: if a baby at his birth is taken away from his mother and let to be raised by beasts, do you think that when he grows old he would be able to have the same reason as you do about what it is good and evil?
Maybe it's because you were raised by good old parents that you are not a total chimp.

t. English is not my mother language

>week
>not reproducing
>not causing pain upon the ""underprivileged"" aka people not of your clan
>being this nihilistic, scientismist, autistic

>strong

Thank you. Veeky Forums is such a kind board relative to the others.

Do you mean like if we sufficiently educate people, they will be collectively enlightened enough to stop suffering? I can only hope. Theoretically it's possible of course, but it's a question of plausibility.

>>week
Yeah I'm tired and make typos too sometimes.
>>not reproducing
The world is massively over-populated with humans. What positive thing would one more human bring? You could theorize on the genes of some people being superior to those of others, but I think that good upbringing is a lot more central than genes. I would rather just adopt a kid who seems overall smart than to risk bringing another suicidal kid to the world no matter how intelligent.
>>not causing pain upon the ""underprivileged"" aka people not of your clan
Why would I? What does causing others pain gain me? I don't even enjoy it. I don't think humans even naturally enjoy it.
>>being this nihilistic, scientismist, autistic
>>strong
Well at least I have integrity. And don't express myself with meme arrows.

Not sure why I'm replying though, I'll go sleep now.

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life" - Kanye West

To be honest, this guy is pretty intelligent, self-aware, self-consistent, and eloquent for an "SJW" or more accurately someone with liberal views. The only arguments against him so far are "lol redditor" and some teenage /pol/-tards who've apparently read Nietzsche for the first time

I USED TO LOVE KANYE

Why are you samefagging?

Isn't being an avatarfag against the rules?

You're exactly what they want the most....

You know that, right?

Try Turgenev "Father and Sons."

And now ... do I win a prize?

I knew that accusation would be made, it's pretty hard to defend someone everyone hates in a thread. You've still not really raised any arguments against him. Although if it makes you feel any better, I'm not a liberal and don't agree with their hyper-environmentalist views, I just think they're quite concise.

>First of all, what do anime reaction images have to do with the whole topic?

because there's a correlation between mentally-stunted posts and people who enjoy anime.

That being said, while I don't agree with much, if any, of your viewpoints, I'll accept them as viewpoints.