How true is this image?

Bleed out

I wonder who the firs person added to this image was, I guess Molyneux

Replace Chomsky with Hillary Clinton

>Mike is now considered a Pseudo-Intellectual

Politicians don't count

He's got the craziest most insincere smile

But linguists do?

Linguists who concern themselves with fields that aren't their own through a pure ideological lens, yes.

>gore vidal

okay

He's like two hundred years old and has written like a billion books on politics, at what point is it not his "field" as much as anyone elses?

No one mentioned which field is not his own. You inserted politics.

Have you ever read the sources at the end of his books about politics?
The guy has read and formally studied on these subjects more than most PhD in the US.

The only time I ever seen him speaking out of line was when he fumbles at criticizng Continental thinkers like Zizek like an old man mad at rock music

>concern themselves with fields that aren't their own through a pure ideological lens
You mean like politicians making laws about things they know nothing of?

I like Peter Hitchens though, and I guess because of that I'll make an exception for Christopher fans even though I don't enjoy reading him.

And Mike Stoklasa isn't really a rhetorician, his stuff is just meant to be fun, you know it's not serious his reviews are just like, they're fun, like they're popcorn reviews!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

>Have you ever read the sources at the end of his books about politics?

Again, no one mentioned politics. You are literally arguing a strawman.

>You mean like politicians making laws about things they know nothing of?

That doesn't qualify as being a pseudo-intellectual rhetoricians. Politics is by-definition full of rhetoric. It doesn't count.

>politics has a flaw, so we should not criticize it

Nice ideology you've got there, senpai.

Strawman

Everything is a strawman for you, I guess.

how can you fucking put youtubers and liberal/conservative """commentators""" in the same category as zizek and chomsky

Yeah because he is crazy

You're right, it doesn't matter how bad YouTubers and liberal conservative shills are, they don't deserve to be lumped with genocide apologists.

Chomsky and Bloom... eh... definitely don't go on the list.

Buckley is certainly worth reading for people interested in politics.

Reza Aslan seems to be more interested in Television than Academia, so he's probably someone we can stop taking seriously, although he has produced at least some actual scholarship.

Most people can probably at least learn to think differently from Zizek and Craig.

But yeah most of these guys are trash, and most are not typically considered intellectuals by anyone so why is this post happening?

Go read a book, jackass. Maybe one by Chomsky.

Why would I read a BRAINLET like Chomsky when I could simply read the history books he cites?

Because you're not going to read literally thousands of books and reports about the Gaza situation in order to conjure a truly informed opinion about it. You're a NEET on Veeky Forums, you don't have the discipline to study 10 hours everyday for the rest of your life, nor you've got the intellectual rigor and the memory necessary to do such a thing in a productive manner.

(you can read Chomsky as well as his sources)

History is a brainletcore subject in general

Chomsky, Bloom and Land shouldn't be on it.
That's it.

What if it is this one?

By all means. I read Chomsky and I don't mind reading Buckley. David Horowitz knowingly lies, and is generally hyperbolic on everything, so I don't feel like I learn anything from him.

But yes, by all means, you must read writers you disagree with if you're a serious thinker.

Zizek is similar. It's boring reading him but he's entertaining to watch on youtube. Rather him than some of those retarded Rebel Media ALT LIGHT faggots.

His jokes are always the same

>all of the people i like shouldn't be on it

This is why it was made.

Land is one of the few people who DO belong on it

>Yanis fucking Varoufakis

This is the most egregious

I hate Chomsky. but he contributed a lot to linguistics, dimwit. I hate Bloom's opinions, but he read enough that he can't be called a pseud.
Land(and Agambem) is legit the only real living philosopher I know of, the rest is all feminism, sniff and autism.

Most of the people pictured aren't even intellectual enough to deserve to be considered pseudo-intellectuals.

Is there a reason two well respected and versed scientists are on this list?

For that matter Y-tubs personalities that don't even consider themselves intellectuals.

This bait is drier than the month old dingleberries clinging to a corpse's ass in Death Valley

Why the fuck is Ethan Klein from h3h3 there? He doesn't try to shill his beliefs or ideologies on anyone.