Porridge

Everyone makes porridge in their own way. How do you make yours?

Here's my way:
>Oats in a bowl
>Pour water onto oats (just enough to fully submerge them)
>Microwave for 2 minutes
>Pour cold milk over the microwaved oats
>Maybe add some sugar or honey
>Enjoy

So essentially it results in a dry porridge that is topped with cold milk (like pic related). Rather than the milk really mixed into the porridge, which is how most people would do it.

But I prefer it that way, and it's quicker, and easier to eat. The porridge is very hot when it comes out the microwave, so then the cold milk on top allows you to eat it without burning your mouth.

It is most certainly the patrician's way of enjoying porridge. All other ways are inferior.

That's how I like it, but I like it with salt instead of sugar, and maybe some walnuts.

>salt
Are you Scottish by any chance?

Milk and oats in 2:1 ratio. Salt slightly. Microwave for 2-3 min, until oats soaked all the milk up. Add teaspoon honey and handful of frozen berries. Little bit of cinnamon. Mix and eat.

No but that's where I got the idea from. I didn't like how much sugar I had to add to make it taste good, and I tried salt instead after reading that's how Scottish people ate it and found I preferred it.

Like that except add some butter, sugar and ground black pepper.

>Microwave
That's not porridge

Scotsman here.
>You make porridge on the stove, no exceptions.
>You make porridge using pinhead oats unless you're an impatient bitch who doesn't care about taste.
>Traditionally you use water but upping the fat all the way to 50/50 milk:single cream is fine.
>More salt than you think you need
>Lower and slower = smoother and richer. Consistency is subjective
>Use your fuckin spices properly- nutmeg, cumin, cinnamon, vanilla and tons more. You're not making a desert because you're not a fat 12 year old american. Add em late.
>That said, honey and greek yogurt make a badass sweet porridge. If you have to use sugar, use brown or demerera sugar or something like treacle. Cocoa powder is also great.

Nuts, seeds and fruit all make porridge rad. Carrots and extra fat also work for a carrot-cake like consistency. Walnut, Banana and Cocoa powder is my go-to.

>stove
No you fucking don't. I don't have time for that you stupid Scotch twat.

>MUH PURITY
>MUH TRADITIONALISM
>BUT I PUT COCOA POWDER ON IT

Hahahahahahaha you're a fucking joke. Your ancestors would spit on you lmao. Fuck off.

>Cooking properly is being traditional or irrationally national
Whatever helps you justify cooking inferior food

I don't have time to pull out a fucking pan in the morning and boil it for five fucking hours, what the fuck do you think I am some sort of fucking timestopper? What fucking planet do you live on?

>takes only 10 minutes for it to be ready
>five hours
Why are millennials such impatient faggots?

Here's another pic of what mine usually looks like

Dry porridge with cold milk. Best way.

Be as impatient as you like, just don't pretend you're making a superior version or get butthurt and act like a fag because someone is spending another 10 minutes making it right

They prioritize useless things, like shitposting on Veeky Forums or feeding their instragram addiction, over practical things like cooking and personal hygiene.

WHAT FUCKING PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON

What sort of a fucking person is going to INTENTIONALLY TAKE TEN FUCKING MINUTES OF THEIR MORNING BOILING THEIR FUCKING PORRIDGE IN A PAN JUST SO SOME FUCKING TRADITIONALIST AUTISTS WILL GIVE THEM A THUMBS UP AND SAY "YEAH GOOD JOB THAT'S HOW THEY USED TO DO IT 500 YEARS AGO SO NOW YOU CAN HAVE A MEDAL ON HOW AUTHENTIC YOUR FUCKING PORRIDGE IS"

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A JOB IN YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING LIVES YOU ABSOLUTELY FUCKING MORONIC SHITHEADS

i use the 100% whole grain quaker quick oats. microwave, scoop of protein powder, small spoonful of peanut butter, and whatever fruit i have around that will go with it. usually banana or berries.

it's pretty good for something that only takes like 3-4 mins to make and i generally do work in the morning so i don't want to spend great deal of time making breakfast

>keeps on using the traditionalism argument
>not realizing that the taste of stove cooked porridge is superior in every way, shape, and form
>he is a wagesalve
never seen so much plebiesm in a single post

>oats
>milk
>bit of sugar, cinnamon + ground cloves probably
>cook in microwave or on stovetop
>whatever is more convenient
>until slightly too dry
>add butter and milk moat
>eat like king

I often take 10 minutes or more to make breakfast. Sometimes 30. Making good food takes time, and I'm happy to do that. I am not satisfied with making a version that doesn't taste as good.

What, exactly, would you suggest that people do instead? 10 minutes is no time at all. How exactly are you so busy you don't have 10 min in the morning? Fuck, even when I was in university AND working a full time job I had no problem cooking myself breakfast every day.

If you genuinely can't taste the difference between microwave and stove cooked porridge there's no reason for you to be on a board about cooking, or anywhere near a kitchen for that matter

The fact you're also a retard doesn't help either. I hope you discover what happened in your past to make you such a valueless person or at least come to terms with it one day

3/4 cup of oats
1 3/4 cup of milk
Let it soak overnight
Cook it in saucepan over medium heat in the morning

I like it with a chopped banana and a spoon of raw honey.

Looks a bit too watery for me. I like my porridge thick.

>Let it soak overnight
Yeah, I'm going to try this. Should I put some seasonings in with it for the overnight?

Am currently studying w/ a full time job, can confirm I have plenty of time in the morning to make a proper damned breakfast.

If you faggots can't find time in the morning to make your porridge properly, wake up 10 minutes earlier.

>1/2 cup quick cook oats
>1/2 cup cashew milk
>Mix
>Microwave 2 min
>Add brown sugar/maple syrup

Sometimes I add some crunchy peanut butter or cinnamon.

I slowly simmer mine in goat milk with a chopped apple, a clove, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of honey and a handful of sultanas. Needs constant stirring or the milk forms a skin.

I use steel cut or rolled oats, milk and water in a 1:1:0.75 ratio. Soak it overnight, then in the morning boil it while I get dressed, simmer for a couple minutes and serve. Usually add a chopped banana, blueberries, cinnamon, brown sugar or maple syrup, or some combination if the above.

>take half a cup instant rolled oats
>half cup water, half cup milk, combine in pan
>pan, nice and hot
>Once boiling reduce to simmer and leave while stirring for 5 minutes
>take off heat, pour in bowl
>sprinkle some meusli on top
>slice banana into small discs and scatter on top
>pour honey or maple syrup on and mix together
Done

>Take a good handful of pic related.
>Place the oats in a saucepan on a hob.
>Add water and a good sprinkle of salt.
>keep stiring as its bubbling away and add water when it starts turning into wallpaper paste.
>Keep doing so for a good 3 or 4 minutes so the oats get broken down and the porrige is nice and creamy.
>Serve up in a bowl and add some salt to flavour.