>half the bread loaf was moldy
>the milk smells rancid
>inform her of this
>"Oh user, the date on the package doesn't mean anything!"
>show her the mold
>"Just cut around the mold."
>have her smell the milk
>"There's a new gallon in the fridge."
>the 'new' gallon was likely bought at the same time as the other, just unopened
>glance at some of the stuff in her fridge, it's all bad
She is a hyper jew despite our family being moderately wealthy.

How do I get her to fucking realize that when something passes the date, it isn't just fine.

You can convince an old woman to change her habits. Just let her die in her own terms.

It sounds like your mom is being neglected like thousands of other elderly people who's snarky ass kids don't give a fuck.

*whose

>visit mother for breakfast
>somehow I don't give a fuck
Let me add that I had been living with her until May, and I cooked her meals and shopped for her all the time.

Now that I think about it, it may just be a readjustment period. She isn't used to doing this shit herself.

Fuck. I debated that one too. Oh well, point still stands.

If her food was a month past the exp, when really was the last time you went to visit her? She could be depressed or just doesn't know how to shop. Or both. And you just came here to bitch about the woman who gave you life. Just look up some literature about food safety and offer to take her shopping x times a month.

I visit her regularly, but I don't eat meals with her regularly. This was just an occasion.

Is there anything I can give her on food safety that she is likely to read?

>And you just came here to bitch about the woman who gave you life.

Not that user, but you act like that's some great unselfish feat borne out of love for the created life and not something even a fucking parasite could do.

Most women have babies because
1. They're biologically inclined to
2. They're socially inclined to, similar to how many feel pressured to settle down and get married once their friends do
3. They'd probably keep the baby as a baby forever, at the stage where they get knocked up, because they want a cute baby of their own and don't really care about when it's an adult at that time

These aren't even negatives, they're just the most obvious and ubiquitous reasons you see for women wanting to have kids.

I'm not really sure. After a cursory Google search there is a lot of stuff that might actually make her believe it more. Maybe a video might be more effective. You cold break the ice by saying that you care about her and don't want to see her eating moldy bread and spoiled milk. It's nice that you visit her and you're not some faggot user. Apologies.

>all that edge
Are you seventeen or something?

It's not edge. It's just that having kids really is nothing special. Fuckin crackwhores do it all the time. Should their kids be forever in debt to them?

I just find the weird sophism of life debts to parents to be dumb when solely applied to giving life and not something more qualifying like providing the best quality life for their kid that they could.

This is a digression, but whatever. Not like Veeky Forums is ever on topic anyway.

If the new milk wasn't opened there shouldn't be anything wrong with it because it's flash pasteurized and then hermetically sealed. The old opened milk curdled because after opening it's exposed to airborne contamination.

Sealed milk can still go bad. Pasteurization is not the same thing as sterilization. There are still bacteria in there.

Says the disappointment posting on Veeky Forums

it's not likely there's much left alive. Do you have any idea the shelf life of modern processed milk? You can ultra pasteurize it, put it in a foiled box and not even have to refrigerate it and you can leave it on a shelf for months. I shit you not it's the most popular way milk is sold in the e.u.

I can back this. My mom bought parmalat which is the exact same thing as this user described (US for reference) and that shit lasted FOREVER if sealed. Even at room temp.

>it's not likely there's much left alive.
There's enough to make it spoil. I've seen it many times over the years with various roommates who bought milk and forgot about it.

>>ultra pastaurized
Yeah, that's different though. I assume we aren't talking UHT here. Personally, I'm glad that normal pasteurization is most common here in the US. We do have UHT milk but I never buy it because it tastes awful. Hell, if I had a choice I wouldn't even buy pasteurized.

Old people fucking suck, my dude. Like, you probably don't work with old folk but they don't even make an attempt to act like they're needy. They're the most mean, entitled, unhygeinic, clinically insane people to walk the earth. You would think they'd be wise with so many years behind them but no, they're just as stupid as your average human if not stupider since they're set in their ways and refuse to change for better or worse.

Atbsome point you become too much of a detriment, and if that's the case then you need to be put down.

Nah, I took care of my parents and grandparents when they weren't able to so anymore, and also cared for them at the end stage of their lives. It was the right thing to do in their case, they made my life fucking beautiful. Got me into hospice where people actually requested me to be there as they were dying so can suck it.

I'm sure your Grandparents were nice folks but anecdotal evidence doesn't support your argument because it's well known that old folks are shitty people by and large. Working hospice, you worked with the terminally ill so of course they'd be of a different heart than if they knew they'd be around to cause mayhem for a few years more.

Not all old people suck, but those same shitty people you see walking around get old eventually and they don't change.

feed her food made fom her expired shit. when she gets sick AF and has to go to the hospital, she'll learn. Or she won't get sick and you'll learn.

>Grandpa is 92
>sails on the river regularly, was skiing too until a year ago
>eats fruit with mould on, old yoghurt, mayo thats been left out of the fridge

I'm not sure if he doesn't know, doesn't care or what, he's a smart guy but he's lived this long I guess

Tell her to buy less at a time. She isn't shopping for a big family any more and she has likely started eating less herself due to age.

Go work in a mom and pop restaurant OP that's just Monday.

Your parents should've arranged an abortion. After going through your shit you end up calling them mean and faggots?
Why are millennials such entitled and ungrateful faggots?

you can't really bitch about it unless you plan to send her on a day out and while she's gone toss and replace everything, on your dime of course

>It's not edge. It's just that having kids really is nothing special. Fuckin crackwhores do it all the time. Should their kids be forever in debt to them?

Giving birth and nurturing are totally different things. If your mother threw you into some dumpster then I would agree with what you said. But she had to keep up with your bullshit until you were 18 (and for all we know you might be still living in her basement).

Not even that user but
>she had to keep up with your bullshit until you were 18
That's the least a parent could do. After all it was their own choice to give birth to a new human being, it's not like they were forced to or anything.

Making babies just to have someone to support you when you're old and decrepit is sad and selfish.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I have an issue with the phrase "the person who gave you life". The implication isn't that she put up with your bullshit, etc. The implication from that statement is that the important aspect is that she gave birth to you. It's a stupid nitpick, but I figured I'd bring it up.

>Making babies just to have someone to support you when you're old and decrepit is sad and selfish.
It is quite clear to me at this point that you have serious issues with your parents.

seems like a reasonable woman to me. cutting around the mold is fine especially if you're cooking it. bread has mold on it even when you buy it. as for the milk unopened and opened milk have vastly different rates of spoiling the unopened one is probably fine.

most things are fine after the date. just keep your wits about you while using things and stop being a pansy. the only thing you shouldn't fuck with is old meat.

>the only thing you shouldn't fuck with is old meat.
I think also fruits and veggies are dangerous, some of them become literally poisonous when they spoil.

You can assume whatever you want about me, but do you really think a parent has the right to become a burden on their children just because they gave them life?
I often see people who live miserable lives because they have to take care of their invalid parents/in-laws all the time.
Why do they have to sacrifice their own happiness and free time? Wouldn't it be better to have a good, professional retirement home take care of things?

>but do you really think a parent has the right to become a burden on their children just because they gave them life?
They didn't just fuck and threw you out. They took good care of you and gave you love and care that many people in this world would even dream of having.

>Why do they have to sacrifice their own happiness and free time?
Taking care of your parents and being happy and successful are not mutually exclusive things. Stop repeating this meme.

>Parents and grandparents already dead
wow, what a shitty job you did

>They didn't just fuck and threw you out. They took good care of you and gave you love and care that many people in this world would even dream of having.
That user was making that distinction you disphit. You're literally support in his argument you syphilis-addled retard. There's a difference between shitting a kid out and expecting a reward and actually being entitled to one due to good parenting practices.

Jesus fuck, I'm convinced that most of you are shitty fucking parents with failures for children who are trying to deluxe other people into thinking having a kid is something to be proud of. Fucking birds can do it, so why should you be given a standing ovation?

Adults are having a conversation here. Please leave.

I agree that it depends on the kind of parents one has, if they have been nurturing and loving their children will be "naturally" more inclined to take care of them and help them if they have problems. Though that should be something born out of mutual love and not an obligation.
In my experience bonds between parents and (grown) children that are truly genuine and healthy are pretty rare to come by. Most people end up being mediocre parents, even with their best intentions.
But even disregarding that, after growing up children should become independent.
Taking care of their parents, presumably living together with them, means they can't achieve that (for all sorts of reasons) and that they have less time for themselves, their significant other, maybe their own children. Does that really not worsen their quality of life, especially if the parent is not self-sufficient anymore? I would not ask that of my own children if I really loved them. I would let them live their own life.

He's right tho

>Does that really not worsen their quality of life?
It depends on what kind of problems the parent is facing. If it is an ugly accident which rendered them disabled then a senior house or a nurse would be the only solution, I will have to agree with that. However, that doesn't mean that one should stop visiting them regularly and try to contact them as much as possible in and outside occasions. That is what I was meaning to say, user.
It was good having this conversation with you. Good night or good day wherever you are living.

Because you boomer fucks sent all the jobs oversea's refuse to leave your jobs so we can move up and tricked us into college so now everyone is in debt, not to mention having a strangelhold on the housing market tighter than a jew does his bag of shekels so we can't get our own homes or start families

Millennials are the most ungrateful cunts due to shitty public school indoctrination that taught them to hate everything that is good in this world. I used to feel bad about their shitty job prospects but now you bitches can pay my social security with your three part time jobs and wipe my ass in the nursing home

Fuck off grandpa I don't pay my taxes faggot

Nah you're paying for my neetbux, enjoy abdul wiping your ass with his left while he beats and robs you with his right

But she's right, the date doesn't mean anything.

Nah, it'll be Jamal, the night janitor at his medicaid nursing home after his life savings are pillaged by private homes within 1 or 2 years, wiping his ass thoroughly with a slightly more rigid item.

>projecting

Not OP but you seriously need to get over yourself. People aren't gods just because they gave birth, some people have extremely selfish piece of shit parents and you'd just excuse them of everything and call people selfish for not liking then.

>bawww OP's mother is a stupid cunt so I'm going to immediately attack OP right off the bat
Jesus Christ

kys

No amount of nurturing can make one immortal, user.

Older people struggle with those things every day. Just because you can do it no problem doesn't mean she's dumb. It doesn't immediately mean she's trying to be cheap. The OP was missing some info so it sounded like she hadn't been visited in a while. Sure, most people suck and are better left in the past. But if she was really a piece of shit, why visit at all then?

Having kids isnt special. Raising them well is.