Why do retards and trash major in computer science...

Why do retards and trash major in computer science? Why must the field that I am interested in be plagued by unhygienic gamerbros who only want a job making vidya games and ironically hate math?

compsci and software engineering should be different majors. maybe make compsci a speciality in the math department.

The real compsci path is the math departement with self studying books during free time (should not be difficult if you are already doing maths)

I am idiot and retard why you want to take this degree from me, dude what is your problem

knuth is the kind of book that cs students will keep on their bookshelves to feel important but will never ever read in their entire lives

In my university, it is

the trouble is compsci on its own is too academic, everyone who majors in compsci should be forced to take practical classes as well

Tbh I never understood why CS was its own field. There isn't that much theory. It should just be considered a branch of mathematics. And then have a field call computer engineering for actual programming. I say this as a CS major.

Why? I believe C"""S""" isn't supposed to be an engineering major. There indeed should be software engineering major where normies would learn how to develop normie stuff.

because realistically, maybe one student in a class of 30 has a future in academia. you're cheating the rest out of employability.

Because nobody knows what CS is. At my university, there's a master in CS whose curriculum only considers a very basic topic on CS, namely, automata and language theory.

That's actually what I'm doing.

Once a teacher told us something like this: "go to the library and admire that book; if you are adventurous, touch it; if you are even more adventurous, read it."

Ill have you know i got through half of the first one in a year.

that's actually impressive

Considerably less so given that I did a piss poor amount of the problems in the book. (Some seemed impossible on my level at least)

>the anti-CS redditor again
I know you feel something terribly bitter inside because you didn't choose CS and now make one digit less than all your friends, but there are people to help you.

>being the meme

>being this bitter about making less money after a doctorate then CS grads do after a B.S.

Why is this such an issue? That's fine. Nobody complains about that with other very theoretical fields . Let cs be real cs. College is not a job trainer

>being this bitter about making less money after a CS B.S. than Business B.A.

Stay jelly that you're not making 9 figures starting as a CxO, nerd.

Can you please leave? I'm cs and you're ruining the conversation. Nobody cares about money. I'm definitely not in it for the money. I'd rather be unemployed than work for that industry

Then switch to theoretical physics.

How the fuck is that related

>implying cs majors aren't the bitter ones

Stop

>Nobody complains about that with other very theoretical fields
plenty of people complain about it. I'm complaining about it right now. I would be happy to grant you the point that other majors should be less academically focused too

Then don't to to school if you don't want academia. People like you should not be accommodated at all

I know I know, you make 15 figures of neetbux and have sex with dozens of bimbos and cuck all the wageslaves and shit.

>Then don't to to school if you don't want academia.
you are the problem with universities today. even among PhDs, only around 10% become professors. your worldview a shit.

Why do you cite that statistic as if it means anything? It doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
When did I say you have to be a professor ?

>don't to to school if you don't want academia
>When did I say you have to be a professor ?
obviously logic is not your field

>academia =professor

user please you can't be serious

If you don't believe your subject has an intrinsic value from learning it you should not go to school for it.
Repeat that for every major
If you can't find one then don't go to school.

Assume every major gets you $0

>computer engineering for actual programming
sounds like you don't know what computer engineering is

It's the major that's competent enough for neither programming nor electronics.

I'll recap the conversation for you, because you've clearly forgotten it.
asshole.
>because realistically, maybe one student in a class of 30 has a future in academia. you're cheating the rest out of employability.
>Why is this such an issue? That's fine. Nobody complains about that with other very theoretical fields . Let cs be real cs. College is not a job trainer
>academia =professor

user please you can't be serious

kys

This is nonsensical

Which words don't you understand?

Really? How old are you?

I guess I win this argument . I'm also better than you.

so you didn't have anything substantive to say? I thought as much.

its the major for would-be EEs who actually want to know how computers work instead of spending 10 classes studying power systems and E&M without knowing how to code for shit

So that's all you have? You concede cause you can't think of a counter point. Classic.

>ironically hate math
Is it ironic that they hate math or do they hate math but only ironically?

I meant to say unironically. But it perplexed me why someone would major in computer science without respect for math.

>College is not a job trainer