Books that give a philosophical exposition to Satanism?

Books that give a philosophical exposition to Satanism?
No meme stuff please.

Lucifer Princeps

Be warned it is somewhat academic but you did say no memes which I understood to mean no bullshit like lavey.

How does LaVey's book hold up as a philosophical exposition?

Lavey is a nice philosophical exposition to Nietzsche and Rand. Unfortunately, it contains no relation to actual satanism in its historical forma.

>satanism
>historical form
It's a pretty short history. Satanism, both theistic and atheistic pretty much only existed in the 20th century onward.

>what is the malleus malificarum and grimoire tradition?

>malleus malificarum
>A book written by a member of the Catholic clergy about exterminating witches
>Satanic
Were you dropped on the head as a baby by any chance?

>what is william blake and john milton and dante and, once again, grimoire canon?

>william blake and john milton and dante
christian fiction about satan and hell is not satanism dummy

>grimoire canon
people who pretended to be wizards were not satanists. the idea that all magic is derived from satanic worship comes from christian theology, not the wizard larpers themselves.

there is no satanism before the 20th century because prior to that point satanism functioned purely as an accusation. there is a strong tradition of accusing your religious enemies of satanic worship, but no recorded tradition of genuine satanic worship. these goofy new-age figures like lavey pretend they belong to an imaginary "satanic tradition" to gain legitimacy, just like wiccans pretend they are an ancient cult that was oppressed during the witch hunt era when they really didn't exist before the 1950s.

The Grimoire tradition wasn't Satanic. The two earliest Grimoires we have availiable - Liber Juratus and Hygromanteia - are deeply permeated with Christian piety and Solomonic lore. None of the Grimoires are encouraging demonaltry or Satanic worship, but were instead concerned with binding these forces through the power of the Trinity.

The notion of Satan in the Abrahamic religions goes back to Zoroastian dualism, with the battle between Ahura Mazda and Ahriman.

The old Pagan religions all had a conception of the Underworld, which the Christians only too eagerly borrowed from in their conceptualization of Hell. For starters, since you mention Dante, the notion of a Purgatory is wholly derived from Plato.

Satanic worship is a meme - everything from the inverted pentagram with the goat, the worship of Lucifer to the figure of Baphomet is a creation of 19th century occultists with some seriously flawed scholarship, misconceptions which has continued well into the 21st century.

This is pretty dark and subversive

link

Look, the discord is pretty exclusive buddy. If you haven't been invited yet then I doubt you meet our standards.

Dennis Wheatley: The Devil Rides Out.

Lmao gtfo asking for a link, we don't want someone who's too stupid to google some basic af shit

The History of the Devil by Vilém Flusser

I'm so fucking confused about this comment, did this user just call Blake, Milton and Dante Satanic?

Here you go

LaVeyan Satanism is meme-stuff bullshit. The fullest exposition can be found in Kenneth Grant's Typhonian Trilologies. Start with The Magical Revival.

Look into Ophidian gnosticism and Yezidism

"The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true Poet, and of the Devil’s party without knowing it."

--The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, Blake

"THE VISION OF CHRIST that thou dost see
Is my vision’s greatest enemy.
Thine has a great hook nose like thine;
Mine has a snub nose like to mine.
Thine is the Friend of all Mankind; 5
Mine speaks in parables to the blind.
Thine loves the same world that mine hates;
Thy heaven doors are my hell gates."

--The Everlasting Gospel, Blake

"This Angel, who is now become a Devil, is my particular friend. We often read the Bible together in its infernal or diabolical sense, which the world shall have if they behave well."

--The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

There are numerous lines throughout Blake's work where he disparages the concept of God in the traditional sense saying it's been perverted and that the traditional concept of Satan is actually God.

Satanism in general is a meme

He cannot be characterized as a satanist. The very work you are citing–The Marriage of Heaven and Hell–is not a satanic work, it is a criticism of orthodox religious Christianity, not a proclamation of Satan worship. He draws parallels between God and Satan, not because he worships either but because he like the gnostics views God as a demiurge and thus Satan like. He is not a Satanist because he does not worship Satan.

Not as big of a meme as Christianity is.

If you mean meme in the actual sense of the word then yes, if you mean meme in the meme sense then no.

>Books that give a philosophical exposition to Satanism
>No meme please.

whatever_pepe.jpg

is this a bait thread or teenager general?