I need HEALTHY and CHEAP snacks

I need HEALTHY and CHEAP snacks.
Because I literally eat chocolate bars every night.
Gimme some alternatives.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gvMFEx042kM
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/israeli-style-extra-smooth-hummus-recipe.html
catholicfoodie.com/hummus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My favorite treat is sliced Fuji apple with almonds.

Snacking is inherently unhealthy

>Gimme some alternatives
Make me

Buy dried figs, make sure they are soft an squishy, buy almonds, get honey.
It's like a shitty candy bar and really helps me get those craving out of the way, I actually prefer dates and nuts to candy bars now.

corn chips
soda water with a bit of lemon
apples
peanuts
milk
small amounts of a high percent cocoa chocolate
pan fried potatoes

How is that any better than a candy bar? Sugar is sugar.

Hummus and chips
Cucumbers with salt and lime
Pomegranates, and other fruit with cool whip
Cherry tomatoes with olive oil, vinegar, and salt & pepper
Apple slices with lime and pepper
Takis with salsa verde sauce
Grapefruit (peeled)
Cotton candy grapes
Cheese with soy sauce and lime
Broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese
Corn on the cob

Hummus and chips can get me through rough patches

honey and figs have a lower glycemic index than sugar
figs are high in minerals
candy bars often have a shit load of vegetable oil

pretty much any sort of vegetable that is cheap in your local stores

The GI of honey varies widely and can be as high as sugar, and honey is still mostly fructose which is still terrible for you.

I of off of how the food I eat makes me feel, I feel way better when I eat dates a d nuts when I'm hungry than when I eat candy.
I only put honey on to get that same sugary taste at the beginning, but I no longer do that.

>I of off of how the food I eat
Are you having a stroke

This guy here is right: Snacking is always stupid. The reason you're doing it is because you're bored and you want something to feel good.

Of course all of us snack, I do it all the time, I eat nuts, crisps, chocolate bars, fizzy drinks (sugar free though because I don't want diabetes and rotten teeth), etc.

But I don't do it every day. Just like once a week I guess, on average.

But the point is that you need to keep yourself occupied - that's the best way to not snack. If you're an active person then you won't feel restless, you won't feel the need to eat snacks for a pick-me-up.

Get into running, or cycling, or swimming, or guitar playing, or whatever the fuck it is you want to do. Martial arts, racket sports, football, basketball, mate I don't know, whatever the fuck you want to do. If you have mates then what are they into? Do they play football? Go and join them.

Or just go for a walk, you don't need equipment for that, and you don't need mates for it either. Go for a walk somewhere.

Personally, I do some running occassionally, and sometimes cycling as well - I used to be really into cycling for a while, and I'm not so much these days, but I still do it occasionally when I'm bored.

Also join a gym. I'm not a member these days but I used to do it and it's great fun, lift some fucking weights and get strong. Lifting weights will definitely motivate you to eat properly, because eating properly is absolutely necessary for building muscle (and also recovering too).

I'm trying to be honest by saying I'm currently not doing all these things I preach - at the moment all I do is occasional walking and cycling, but at least that's something. And I really do need to get back into some other stuff. But if you want advice, then that's what it is, you should get active.

Yes

He's right that sugar is sugar, and also consuming tons of calories while you sit on your arse is going to produce the same result whether it comes from dates of chocolate. You're gonna be a fucking fatass.

Lead a better life. Do something active and then you won't crave stupid foods as much. And you will be fitter and stronger as well.

I am definitely getting some of this tomorrow.
Any easy recipes for this?

What?
OP here, I watch a film in the evening, and sometimes I just like to eat something over the duration. Simple as that.

Then stop watching fucking movies and get off your fat fucking arse and do some fucking exercise you stupid fat fuck

uuuuhhhhhhhh
retarded?

Popcorn ya dingus

too inconsistent for me

What the hell does that even mean

Celery stalks?

unpopped kernels, those horrible tough/chewy parts i have to spit out, getting stuck in teeth, etc. not enjoyable to eat IMO.

My condolences for your autism.

Apple slices - peanut butter - raisins - honey (optional)

Bananas - peanut butter

Trail mix

Granola bars

Graham cracks - peanut butter - bananas - honey (optional)

Sliced cucumber - sharp cheddar slices

Wheat thins - sharp cheddar - tomato slices

Tomato slices - sharp cheddar slices - extra virgin olive oil

[in other words, you can literally get creative with healthy eating]

I don't want to be healthy I want a fucking SNACK

Before I put in the effort: do you know some?

I gnaw on celery, but it's usually not really effective.

Cucumbers are a great healthy snack. Can get a little expensive though when not in season.

youtube.com/watch?v=gvMFEx042kM

nuts mixed in spices, make your own
pork rinds

Apple crisps.

>bombay mix
so good, better than crisps healthwise, like the pajeet version of it

not if youre underweight

Pickles
Sugar free gum
Sugar free popsicle
Fresh vegetables

For dips mustards and salsas are pretty low calorie.

Almost anything dried including fruits and vegetables are going to be high in calories.
Meat, dairy, nuts & nut butters, grains, pretty much anything that isn't a fruit or vegetable is going to have too many calories to be considered a healthy snack.

celery and blue cheese is good. I don't know if you will fell very full. might want to get a lot of celery.

nicotine gum, snus, dip

I like crackers with brie, apple and honey. Honestly though, I'm not sure if it's a hell of a lot healthier.

Protip: Get some hot giardiniera from by the pickles, roughly chop the chunks and stir them into your hummus, then pour a little of the oil over the hummus.

Oh, but if you're looking for a recipe, I'd recommend just buying either pita or pita chips and then follow this recipe. You can replace the za'atar with whatever mix ins you want.
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/israeli-style-extra-smooth-hummus-recipe.html

jews can't cook, so that recipe will make crappy hummus

better recipe: catholicfoodie.com/hummus

>buy components of hummus
>make hummus
>eat chopped veggies with hummus
Prepackaged hummus is usually kinda shit tho.

Return to your fucking containment board you subhuman garbage.

>Should be called "yummus" cause it’s so good
Heh, fucking Catholics.
Pretty good hummus recipe.

Hummus with vegetables as dippers.
Also, get into spicy food. Slows you down and stops the whole "I gorge myself before my body can register that I'm full" issue.

its mostly water like tomato

Nuts
Seeds
Olives
Avocados
Coconut
Oats/porridge
Smoothies
Leafy greens/salads
Pretty much any veg
Some fruits
Fish and some fowl

Or make your own chocolate without sugar. I use
>Erythritol
>Coconut oil or cacau butter
>Cocoa powder
>Vanilla
>Anything else to taste

Also chocolate puddings like chai seeds, oats, etc and cocoa.

I don't eat carbs for health reasons and there's nothing I've found that can't be replaced and often made better without carbs.
The exception is croutons, fried bread and really any bread dish. Almond flour and flax/rye mix loafs are great but don't give you the same filthy glutenous starchy taste

>I dont eat carbs for health reasons?

IQ below 70?

Type 1 diabetes
Try not following hate bandwagons on the internet and thinking for yourself

Carrots and celery.
Alternatively, steamed shredded cabbage.
Or ice cubes, if you just wanna chew on something

Bell pepper

Hemor Sompsin was right

This--Produce aisle and frozen foods
Seeded cucumber, Russet potatoes, less than a buck!
Iceberg is cheap, but if you're going greens on a budget go frozen.
Frozen spinach is prob the best--you can find peas, corn, green beans,
and probably a mix of some sort pretty cheap.

Cheap spray oil, garlic, salt, cayenne....there's budget versions of those spices too--don't get fooled. Beans and lentils for protein over meat. Meat is expensive. Might be a bit more, but brown rice if you can. If not, bulk bag it. Either in the rice section or the ethnic Asian section.

Pasta is cheap, but largely like cardboard in terms of nutrition. That's why I said opt for brown rice as your filler. Sauces/condiments are pretty much a rip off, besides ketchup. Highest price should be 2.50-3 for a 32 oz of most things--paying 7.99 for a tiny ass bottle--get da fuck outta heeer. Hit up the canned aisle--canned chicken gravy, less and a buck. Diced tomatoes for a salsa base with some cayenne powder....budget Sriracha and cayenne for the asian heat...

Other thoughts...eliminate chocolate, chips, crackers, ice cream or anything like that--a bag of chips is like, 4.99? LIKE EATING SALTED CARDBOARD! Like you threw five bucks in the street, man. What a waste. Ice cream? How about Greek yogurt instead? A tub for the same price.

How? Just eat smaller meals and you can snack just fine.

>Coconut oil
don't do this

coconut oil is so fucking unhealthy, worse than equivalent weight in butter

>worse than something that isn't unhealthy at all

???