Book Stack thread Bitches

Malvern Books / Half Price Books

Austin TX

praise me for dalkey

throw everything out but rilke

Austin bookstores are full of hipster shit marked up, except HPB, which usually has nothing

i do love bookpeople though, reading all those fucking shitty note-card reviews seriously make my day sometimes

That's some serious garbage you got there

reading these only made me smile bc theyre all actually great, so thank u guys

mmmhahaha

ya tao lin is a great catch

mmmhahaha

welcome to the water

>huurr duuur leik dalkey press is sooo obscure u guise n they're named after a book better than anything they could ever publish huuur duuur experimantal fkshun n stuff avndete garden omg

I am published by Dalkey and this triggered me

Bedside stack.

The one off Parmer is pretty decent desu

Bed is a great book OP

nice stack, props

Lol you're mad because there are people that want to read stuff that's less well known than what you read. Get a life and quit being insecure. Faggot

Are you brave enough to name your book? If not then bringing it up was pretty lame.

do people unironically like tao lin? like, do they consider his third-grade level prose profound?

Far corner is Walden

im gonna throw up

how much did you have to pay to get your books to defy gravity?

That looks precarious, aren't you worried about it collapsing?

I feel like you post every time this thread comes ups

pretty sure they published the dalkey archive

Oh yeah I read everything I'm told.

>choosing what you read based purely on the amount of attention it receives rather than the actual quality of the work held independently from the culture that surrounds it
Wew lad

Dollar bin stack

You have Chesterton and Aquinas, but not the Douay-Rheims?

I KNEW you were gonna say that.
Working on it lol.

Orpheus/10.

Wow that's an old ipod.

>commenting on the ipod and not mentioning the old school ibm clicky keyboard

those used to be my favorite keyboards until i got used to the super flat apple ones, now using a faux typewriter style keyboard with the tall buttons seems retarded, but when i was younger i loved those ibm keyboards

Happy Maugham's day. I love you Maugham!

Oh yeah I remember those. My elementary school computer lab had some real museum pieces. We used to fight over the two computers that had colour monitors, no joke.

just downloaded audiobook of plutarch's lives: 2.2 gigs, 84 hours, i was like godamn, hope the reader doesn't have some asspained british accent

you wrinkly

>implying that most of their catalog isn't bloated, sophomoric experimental garbage that tries to jock Burroughs' Nova Trilogy

kys, my man.

That was MacGibbon & Kee in 1964. Dalkey Archive Press was founded In the 80s.

That is correct