I got a bunch of boxes of these in the cabinet and wouldnt be caught dead making actual mashed potatoes with these...

i got a bunch of boxes of these in the cabinet and wouldnt be caught dead making actual mashed potatoes with these. is there any good recipes that i can make into a meal besides thicken soup?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJtEmLCtfVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mashed potatoes

Mix that shit 50/50 with proper mashed potato and make cottage pie or mix it 40/60 with raw grated potato to make potato fritters

Bro, don't lie. You know you love those fucking mash ed taters. They're everyone's guilty pleasure. We all know they suck, but can't admit they'd eat them on the down low.

You can use them in old ww2 era recipes to alter your pie crusts and whatnot, if I remember correctly.

I think I saw a meatloaf or meatball recipe that used them as a binder once.

just noticed: americas favourite mashed potatoes*
*in 2013
>mfw

no these suck, the first thing that comes to mind that should always be made from scratch

youtube.com/watch?v=wJtEmLCtfVQ

Why do you have a bunch of them if you wouldn't be caught dead making them?

The only thing that sucks worse than these potatoes is the fact that we can't admit we cry tears of ecstasy and jizz ourselves when we eat them privately, so know one knows.

You know why, famalam. Everyone does it; no one can know.

These are actually better than actual mashed potatoes since they have a more consistent texture.

Why not chicken

b8

Food bank. someone can eat them.

Make them as mashed potatoes but use cream for water/milk. Add plenty of black pepper and butter.

use them as a final breading on fish
flour-eggwash-potato flakes it's really good on cod/scrod by itself or for a sandwich.
I'm sure it would be good on chicken too

No B8, no matter how much you mash a regular mash potato, you are always left with unmashed bits, you don't have this problems with instant mash.

Potato cakes.

Mix 'em with flour and make easy lefsa?

If I over milk them would it turn out to be a bastardized gravy?

no, you can use all milk and no water and they turn out better than the instructions on the back

That is an uncomfortable concept. That does not sound like it's from flavortown.

I use that exact brand as a coating on baked chicken pieces all the time. It's also pretty good with fish or pork cubesteaks. Didn't like it on beef, though.

I can't tell if this is a 2nd layer of bait or if you're really this dumb.

>different opinion
>HasToBeBait.jpg
Hey, man. We get it. No one is supposed to see you cave to these glorious potatoes. Just like you're not supposed to see them.

Being able to make smooth mashed potatoes isn't a difference of opinion, dumb fieriposter.
Protip: add a little bit of cream and beat them with an electric mixer.

Chill out, famalam. We got your back. Secret is safe with us. Everyone has a guilty pleasure.

That's actually how you make a ghetto potato soup. It's not awful, but it's good if you're feeling like a potatoey chowder. I reccomend adding veggies and stew meats for extra flavor.

I use them as the top for sheperds pie when I'm lazy

The "Loaded" variant of Idahoan are pretty damn good if you add in minced garlic, black pepper and oregano, topped with mushroom gravy.

use them to replace flour when making fried chicken or fish & chips.

Mix into a dough with flour and don't water
Season and fry an you got tattie scones
Wala

Don't know where that random "dont" came from
Srry I am phonefag and auto correct is annoying

Gnocchi. With great success.

>Wala
Jesus Christ, this is the worst "voilá!" I've ever seen written in my life

I use instant mash if I am going to make a bunch of frozen shit to reheat when I am to lazy to cook