What are some authentic mexican recipes I wouldn't find anywhere near a tex-mex resteraunt...

What are some authentic mexican recipes I wouldn't find anywhere near a tex-mex resteraunt? Alternatively what is a good website to find them

Other urls found in this thread:

rickbayless.com/recipe/huitlacoche-mushroom-tacos/
saveur.com/article/recipes/goat-birria-jalisco-style-goat-stew
mom-makes.com/2012/08/
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/09/06/482952588/when-people-ate-people-a-strange-disease-emerged
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nopales

Street tacos!

Simple and pretty easy to find.

Steak, cilantro, onions, shitty corn tortillas. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Everything else is just a meme to keep whitey away from our tacos.

rickbayless.com/recipe/huitlacoche-mushroom-tacos/

Probably menudo, lengua, brains.
Anything with organ meat freak white restaurant goers the fuck out.

This, but other things by him as well. I made his red mole and that's as far removed from a white tex-mex shithole restaurant as you can get.

Viva la raza holmes!

I hope you realize that's prison food

>freshly grilled tacos de lingua
Unironically has me weeping inside as a beaner since all bulk lengua is out of my price range.

racist

Actaully, the concept of tostilocos has it's root in Mexicon street snack vendor culture where it reached its logical conclusion. Now instead of simple churros and the like, they try to make Instagram-ready concoctions with cheap snacks since it's filling and pleasing to the dead taste buds of someone who can't enough of the vinegary/spicy street food.

I'm a simple man, though, so I'll just take my elote with mayonnaise, queso, and lime.

Im a beaner and that's just overkill, a big dump on the taste buds and a Judgement Day on both your stomach and your anus

Seconded

pambazos are god tier

came here to say this. Lengua, brain, menudo, cheek - anything not from one of the major primals, organ meats, ears, chicken feet etc.

I tried that horchata stuff recently. How the fuck do you guys drink that? It's just liquid sugar.

so is coke

I ain't never cooked with those, but I like the first two, at least. Though I've only had tripe in pho. Got any tips for cooking them?

It's actually rice cooking liquid, seasoned with plenty of sugar. Blame the Spaniards for that shit.

fucking chilangos fry everything

i usually cut upp tripe into small pieces then fry it until its crispy and make it into tacos

agreed

fucking Spaniards ruined mexico

When the sun goes out i'm gonna laugh. Until the space skeletons come

Goat Stew
saveur.com/article/recipes/goat-birria-jalisco-style-goat-stew

this is a good way to get around the textural thing, which is the biggest problem gringos have with organ meat. Season well to cover any gameyness

spanish horchata is different

Nice. I'll try it out.

uhh why do you think mexicans all get diabetes?

tostilocos and jarritos

because ones that do are poorfags who eat too much processed food they buy with their food stamps

Tortas are the food of the working class

What the fuck is going on in Egypt

Seviche de camaron.

Chicken molé and rice

Fried fish

Salted pan seared steak with lime marinade

Menudo stew oooooffff

Molé has to be the best though

the munchies from all the hash they smoke

How about some simple beans, and rice with some kind of meat.any recipes?

fuck you the ones I wanted to mention are already in your excellent pic

coca cola bro

you take that back, elote is delicious and a saint

They eat a fuck ton of bread, like endlessly eat bread. Egyptian bread is delicious but the time i spent there it got a little overwhelming at times

I'm not OP but thanks for posting this guy.. been checking out his site and his youtube vids and I am FUCKING AMPED to try so many of these.

Tacos de buche.
It’s cow stomach. Slow cook it in a crockpot for about 6 hours, and then chop it up and fry it.

Salsa de Arbol
Get a bag of dried arbol peppers, some garlic, onion, tomato bouillon/ consume’, and a can of spicy tomato sauce. Brown all of the dry ingredients in a generous amount of olive oil, and then add in the sauce and consume’. Pour entire contents of the skillet into a blender and blend well.
Pro tip: if you remove the tomato sauce, you’ll have a nice chili paste.

I feel that chips topped with hominy, cheese sauce, crema, taijin, cotija, and a little lime juice wouldn't be that bad in normal proportions.

Any meals without ingredients brought over by Europeans?

I guess anything using turkey, venison, fish, corn, pumpkin, potatoes, cactus, chocolate, vanilla, a shit ton more vegetables, etc.
that doesn't use chicken, wheat, beef, etc.
its better when both sets of ingredients are used, just like how Mexicans are both Spanish and Mexican indian, retarded baiting troll.

So, Tex-Mex?

A good greasy birria is probably my favorite Mexican dish.

Even if you don't see it on the menu many Tex/Mex restaurants have a 2nd menu if you ask for it.
At least that's the case where I live but I'm pretty close to the border.

tex mex is Americanized, like covering everything in a layer of congealed kraft cheese flavored milk based product

tacos, they're very good and the meat don't even get me started

common breakfast option south of the border. simple and delicious as hell.

Take your meds Antoni

His daughter looks more appetizing. Can i have hot sauce poured all over her instead?

Look him up on soulseekqt for his cookbooks if you're interested

Tacos are originally from lebenon. Mexicans added pork and called it there own.

Horchata here in the states is horrible. Way too much sugar. Same goes for jamaica and the tamarindo agua fresca. Horchata should have a nice mellow coconut/cinnamon flavor. I get it in Mexico all the time when i travel but here its undrinkable cuse of the amount of sugar. Try to find an authentic Mexican palleteria. They usually have good agua frescas.

WE

the way of preparing meat on a big top skewer is Lebanese, tacos themselves aren't. every taco isn't filled with meat from said skewers. and tacos use tortillas not pita bread.

theres a big difference between Jamaica made from water soaked in the leaves at home and the powdered shit. my Iraqi coworker freaked out when he discovered it here cus he said they make and drink it the same way in Iraq as my gramma did, by soaking the leaves overnight and making it fresh.

Convergent evolution

How can I get Escamoles in GDL?
Or interesting mushrooms?
Aside from St. Teresa Market where do you buy?

Yes. Most of the agua frescas sold in the states is powdered jamaica cool aid shit.
Btw its not leaves. Its dried flowers from the hibiscus plant. I make it all the time at my house.

Right. I never made it and just remember seeing the red liquid pot in the kitchen when I was a little kid so that's my excuse

Hot and fresh tortillas, 3 with butter, 3 with peanut butter, 3 with avocado and salt.

dude. fresh tortillas with sour cream and salt. or chicharron and oaxaca cheese

nngh, those look fuckin good

Yes! Don't forget huevos motulenos, they are fucking fantastic

proper asado de puerco is the GOAT user, it is from the north but never paired with tex-mex afaik

>Now you know why one in every 4 mexicans suffers from hypertension

Fucking chilangos

Came here to post chiles en nogada but you beat me to it

Also
>popcorn

>Seviche
Maybe try being a bit more specific cause I think fried fish is not exactly exclusively mexican but pescado zarandeado is great, although not fried I think

But I agree, mole is top tier, shame its rather hard to find a good paste up here where I live

>garbage plate

uhhh.. yeahhhhh... delicioso...

Buy a bunch of beef at an actual carniceria, bola or arrachera. Chop it up into quarters, throw it onto a pan and salt/season it to your liking. Buy a huge amount of mission corn tortillas. Eat tacos.

The way to make salsa is you broil your choice of peppers, tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic and when they are mushy and their skin is broken, you pop them into a blender and you top it off with some filtered water(use the water you boiled but also more) and some salt ( to taste). Then you blend that shit and you have dad dick salsa.

Put the meat into tortillas and then dump salsa on it. Chop some cilantro and lime and pour the lime juice and the cilantro leaves onto the taco. DONE.

VIVA LA RAZA, ARRIBA MICHOACAN

>he uses steak in his street tacos instead of lengua or cachete
nice digits

Tamales come to mind.
They are fucking delicious when made homemade. My dad once helped a mexican neighbor's grandma with house work and she gave him a big batch. She had made them herself from scratch.

They are best enjoyed with a green salsa.

Most authentic food usually includes cactus pad as a ingredient. When you are looking up recipes, you can check for that to make sure you are not making the Americanized bill shot version of the recipe.

If you want something that will horrify friends, neighbors, and loved ones, try cow tongue tacos.

Or a dish I cannot remember the name of that involves boiling intestines for four hours. It stinks up the house of the cook so bad they have to stand outside.

Plain authentic flour tortillas. I bought a pack of the raw dough once. Most delicious bread product I ever had and all I did was slather them with butter.

I later tried to make them from scratch but it wasn't the same. I guess I don't have the same touch that comes with little old mexican grannies who have made them for years.

mom-makes.com/2012/08/

You should never eat brain matter. It contains a protein that fucks up your own brain that will eventually kill you.

>They called the disease kuru, which means "shivering" or "trembling."

>Once symptoms set in, it was a swift demise. First, they'd have trouble walking, a sign that they were about to lose control over their limbs. They'd also lose control over their emotions, which is why people called it the "laughing death." Within a year, they couldn't get up off the floor, feed themselves or control their bodily functions.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/09/06/482952588/when-people-ate-people-a-strange-disease-emerged

Also jaibas rellenas.

well it hasn't killed millions of mexicans...

we dont get food stamps in mexico if you have nothing to eat, you kill a child and then grill that fucker

Nothing beats Taco bell

That's because they're not eating human brain in Mexico (that I know of), it would be animal brains.

NOSOTROS

who the fuck mentioned human brains? no one that's who.

I swear tamales are a gift from God.

Horchata with cinnamon and no so much sugar

FUIMOS

>never had the real ones from motul

youre missing out m8

fuck the habanero though

Quality.

You won't get proper barbacoa in the states either... It's supposed to be made with cheek meat, and they don't bother with that in the states

Sopes