Why is NASA not relevant anymore?

Why is NASA not relevant anymore?

NASA is more relevant than ever and certainly more than some PR focused companies.

They are even if your scramble brain doesn't think so. You only follow what the news rags say, don't you?

Because they chose to spend 30 fucking around with the shuttle instead of going to Mars.

*30 years

There's no space race against commies anymore. NASA got into it's comfort zone

Oh yea, well there should be. You americans have a shitload of commies make them organize a spacerace!

NASA could race against Musk now

because cretins like yourself only focus on the clusterfuck that is SLS and not on all the other cool shit that they do?

>other cool shit that they do?
and that is?

the power of the free market

Oh i dont know, pissing probes left and right, landing 1-ton rovers on other planets, taking lead on a 200-ton habitat in space, those kinds of things

>probes
>cool

Pick one, there are very few probe missions that actually can be considered cool to normal people e.g. Voyager, Hubble, Curiosity

You can't blame people of getting bored and disillusioned with an organisation that does nothing but take pictures of planets we'll never go to and send more probes to mars.

Juno

because they havent done jackshit since the moonlanding which im not even sure it happened. why i think it didnt happen? they cant even resupply the ISS and have to rely on the russians

they can't rotate the crew on ISS because they phased out the only [spoiler]shitty[/spoiler] human rated rocket they had that costed 450 million dollars to launch with another 450 million dollar rocket on standby on the pad during last 6 years of the program, in 2011 and are finally developing a new system
it's one of the good things they are doing

That's JPL though

And Grumman built the lunar lander, the SM was built by NA Aviation, and the Saturn V was built by Boeing, NA Aviation and Douglas.
We still consider them great achievements by NASA, as they ran and managed Apollo

>he thinks the new system will ever come online
theyll push back the launch date by 5 years and then scrap it for another proposal

No one is doubting the NASA's potential for greatness. The fact of the matter is that they have become a Congress pork program to keep certain contractors and jobs. Look at the mess that was Constellation and now SLS. Made from the shuttles corpse, a capsule too heavy for its rocket. I can probably guarantee the people at NASA don't want the SLS

this all the good mechanics left nasa for spacex
all theyr left with pajeets and SJW girls

Hopefully not. I hope they rush it and it blows up injuring a bunch of people. The outrage needs to be bad enough for Congress to make it illegal for nasa to build rockets and now must rely on the private sector.

You can't blow up a rocket you don't launch

>ITT retards who follow aerospace companies like sports teams.

NASA is operating/funding the most comprehensive earth observation program / constellation(s). While Europe is stepping up their game (a lot!), the US/NASA is still number one. The number of private spin-offs utilising NASA EO data (MODIS etc.) is massive and their EO program thus added billions into both US and world-wide economies.

The reason is pic related

>Why is NASA not relevant anymore?

You're welcome!

Blue Origin can do everything better that NASA can and it can do more

Brainlet. The SLS is a jobs program created by Congress for political points and is only sustained for political reasons. I don't necessarily have an issue with wasting money on things for political reasons but now another rocket exists for 10x less, I reached my point in supporting the project. So now, to get more support to cancel, you have to make it less politically appealing, and blowing up on the launch pad is a good way to do that.

this sums it up perfectly

There's a cute girl in my class that has this sticker on her laptop, what does it mean?

She's autistic.

it doesn't make money for politicians or globalist financiers, and the nazis that landed us on the moon died

Parker

fucking lol. It blows my minds that retards like you think people leave nasa to work for spacex. Newsflash, nobody leaves their cushy government jobs for a 80 hour work week.

>ITT retards who follow aerospace companies like sports teams.

Yeah that seems about right.

the sole black person seems so upset.

It means she is really into getting spontaneously getting fucked by random men. Follow her to her room and give her what she wants.

Read "Whitey on the Moon"

Because Trump ordered that all their spaceships will be redesigned to run on coal.

Gas the tanks
Space race now

Too unfocused.

Trump should just announce he wants to put a man on Mars by 2024 and suspend all other projects.

Cause we now have spacesex.

They are more relevant than ever especially now that a certain rocket that starts with a f and ends with an y is available. Now they can focus on payloads rather than a shitty government mandated heavy lift rocket. Seriously some missions NASA is planning call for using this certain rocket