Lol

good post

Two fishes are swimmin along!
The old one says hows your day??

bravo

nice

>learn to live like a liberal

>buying groceries really late

ohmygod i just heard about this at my graduation! wow that was really smart and literally true huh?
anyone know any good books by this weird guy that i can read?

>tfw can't go to the supermarket in the weekend

warosu.org/lit/thread/S9503083
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9484678

huh

I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. DFW will be remembered by posterity as the most incompetent snake oil salesman western literature has ever produced.

The only sincere act of his life was when he kicked away the chair. His life was nothing but a series of ironies and lies predicated on the the joke that is new sincerity. The big punchline was the creaking of the rafter and the piss trickling down his leg to the floor.

his epiphany that the only viable thing for him to do was to kill himself was the best thing to happen to literature in 30 years since he began writing because behind all the self aware gimmicks and self help books and the drugs and the audience pussy there was no discernible talent

/r/ing all the dfw pastas

"Just be good and when you are mad don't be mad :)" - DFW 2005

what's with all the DFW hate lately?

why didn't he just go to a nice restaurant? why go to the grocerystore "day in day out" every time? or maybe learn to plan better if it keeps happening to you?

because Wallace was nothing if not a self deluding hypocrite

"Irony is the song of a prisoner who loves his cage" yet loving your cage is exactly the prescription he recommends in "dis be waddur"

I don't think the problems he was talking about had much to do with whether or not he went to the grocery store. Planning is good but making and following meticulous plans is draining too. And do you think a responsible reaction to the thought "I need to get groceries" is "fuck it, we'll go out to eat tonight?"

if you live alone you've had a long day and have a whitecollar job why not?

I do things like tug on the rope and say "To the other side"

why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself. the only sincere moment in the life of David Foster wallace was when he kicked away the chair. the rest of his life was a lie, the new sincerity was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.his literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay. the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy. the depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent

Reading this will never get old

That's not the point. He was trying to express the dreads of living in modern American society.

Well he fucking failed, and even after the fact that every theme he took up had already been mastered by Delillo.

What a chump.

>welcome to the water