Why does music have such strong emotional effects on humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jiQzb_gtts
youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_Mzg2zOFn_g
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2964318/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Music waves, brainwaves & bouba kiki. Why are humans so emotional...

evolutionarly its like a bear comes in and you have two mens one who is emotionally effected by whatever loud sounds he hears and the other one dosent so when the bear come and fucks em up runing after them the who is emotionnally effected will run faster and therefore he will pass his geans to the next generation love sciense thanks darwin bye

Humans like it when they correctly predict something based on a pattern so they like rhythms (predictable). Two tones together form a pattern (mixed frequencies), the complexity of which determines how much humans generally like it (too complex = too unpredictable = too much frustration when I keep making the wrong predictions).

explain why i like it:
youtube.com/watch?v=3jiQzb_gtts

Because of the lyrics as opposed to the actual music

>music
truly a brainlet-tier obsession

Music releases Dopamine in Brain. Like drugs.
Dopamine is dope bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ

What about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Mzg2zOFn_g

Social conditioning.

I don't, but I suppose it resonates with the cyberpunk kiddies

The better question would be why all modern popular music comes from niggers in some way.

Why does music sound that much better on LSD?

LSD makes you connect more emotionally with it

lol

Lmao no

>Music is a Social Construct

Please Stop

I was gonna call him an autist but he's right to a point. Most people like rap, pop and rock. Coincidence? No.

>The better question would be why all modern popular music comes from niggers in some way.
Negroid brains have proportionally larger orbitofrontal cortex and amygdala with a smaller cerebral volume. OFC and amygdala are both part of the limbic system (paleomammalian). Each of the later two layers in the triune brain antagonizes / suppresses its predecessor. The neocortex involved in higher thinking gets in the way of more primal / instinctual brain functions. Blacks have less activity of the higher thinking variety to disrupt them so they're more in touch with primitive jungle ape rhythms and are more successful with the production of well received popular music as a result.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2964318/

Just intonation intervals, and the 12 ET approximation thereof.

That track doesn't contradict his post at all.

The preference for consonant tones is a proven social construct. They tested tribes that had little to no outside contact and found that they showed no preference between consonance and dissonance.

>Music
it's for brainlets too distracted by simple primal pleasures to enjoy the finer points in life, like thinking, music is a disgusting tool used by simpletons to distract themselves from their own poor intellect, so they can live in their swamp of ignorance, typical fools

But Savage & Isolated Tribes from Africa have lower IQ.
Which may explain their poor primitive Musical Taste

Oh god /pol/....

It's cultural.
I'm a Westerner and Chinese music means nothing to me.
Doesn't mean it's "inferior". Just a different system using a different scale.

sexual signalling. same as all art.

>thinking you'll appear smarter if you don't listen to music
I understand not listening to music while studying/reading but if I'm completing homework or something you better believe I'm listening to rachmaninoff and shostakovich while I do so.