Mushrooms

How do you cook your mushrooms?

My go-to is butter and garlic in a pan, letting it cook for 15-20 minutes, then sometimes use sherry to deglaze the pan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEvQNSPkIhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i fry mine up in olive oil for a little while and let them get a little seared, salt and pepper, deglaze a little and then add butter to finish. i like my shrooms to have a little bite.

Heathens

Cooking your shrooms with any kinds of oils or seasoning just obscures their naturally delicious earthy flavors. Mushrooms don't need no seasoning, they're wonderful and perfect and I love them for who they are.

Dried, ground into a powder and mixed with lemonade.

cut a ton of them up and put them in a dry pan
let them sweat out and then start browning
add some butter and vinegar and seasoning and swirl the pan to mount a liquor
boom there are some delicious mushrooms

You mean lemon juice right, gotta go hard or stay home

Cocoa powder, agave syrup, chili powder, and boiling water beats everything.

20min seems pretty damn long for mushies, sliced or diced?
I cri evrytim

Cast iron skillet with bacon fat until smoke point, toss in mushrooms until I get a good sear and they start softening. Turn off heat, throw in balsamic vinegar to scrape up the goodies. Add salt, black pepper and fresh thyme, and just as the pan is still warm enough to melt it a little, a bit of butter. These slutty little fungal bitches tease the shit out of the steak, then spurt their love juice out on your tongue when it fucks them in your mouth.

Yo, I think I read that mushrooms are problematic. Something about we don't have the right enzymes or something and so digestion of fungi cause some byproducts that are cancerous. Hydrazine. I think Terrence McKenna blamed them for his cancer. So cook them well, like really well done, always. There was something on the news took about the microwave being the safest way to do it, nuke the shrooms then fry em in fat after should you want. I cut em up and throw em in a pan with salt and a little water and let rip until the waters gone then turn it down and add some fat and brown. Takes about 25 min, 15 on boil then slowly brown and turn on about 2. On the stove. Fuck cancer, hydrazine is why they were suits and masks around rockets/spacecraft when they land, it's used to fuel rockets and it's hazardous stuff.

sliced, just made some and they turned out well.

Baked at 425 for 15 minutes with broccoli, salt, pepper and bacon grease.

I like roasting them

toss with some minced garlic in some olive oil with some capers, throw em in the oven for 20 minutes at 425-450, sprinkle them with some chopped chives or parsley

>The commonly eaten, cultivated mushroom Agaricus bisporus contains up to 0.04% beta-N-[gamma-L(+)-glutamyl]-4-hydroxymethylphenylhydrazine and 4-hydroxymethylphenylhydrazine.

>0.04%
I think I'll take my chances. Mushrooms are fucking delicious, there are worse ways to die than mushroom-induced cancer.

Simmer heat then?

>letting it cook for 15-20 minutes

This is the key. If your mushrooms don't have a solid 15 minutes of direct pan contact you are leaving a ton of flavor on the table.

It starts with lemon juice/powder mixture, then I add sugar water after 10 mins.

>medium high heat, pat of butter
>let shrooms get brown
>when they start to release moisture add balsamic vinegar, black pepper, garlic salt, worcestershire and soy sauce
>continue to cook until sauce thickens

*off the table

No. To leave money on the table means you aren't getting all the money you could have gotten.

Microwaved in margarin

god this looks so fucking good

and op you pretty much have the best recipe desu.

Some mushrooms are actually poisonous without being cooked.

Orange juice works as well.

>put a little bit of olive oil or butter in a pan
>cook sliced mushrooms on medium heat until thoroughly browned, mixing them around every couple minutes
That's about it. I like them to have a nice bit of golden color on them. From there you can add them to omelettes, a stuffed pork roast, or just eat them with a big juicy grilled ribeye.

>mfw trying to google this up
Even most experts are saying it's pretty bullshit, you should be cooking your mushrooms regardless as our systems are not really made to break down unprepared mushrooms.

Mushrooms are not like vegetables (please stop calling mushrooms vegetables, they are more like fucking meat than they are a vegetable) you need to cook them to get the proper nutrients out of them, and they are AMAZING sources of nutrients and antioxidants.

I would assume your risk of getting something shitty from a farm raised mushroom is from the shit they use in their fields as mushrooms are really really good at absorbing fucking everything in their vicinity, that's why never eat mushrooms you find near roads.

Blue oyster all the way. This is the best recipe I've ever tried for mushrooms:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEvQNSPkIhU