Names for food you're pretty sure only your family used

>tfw grew up calling grilled cheese sandwiches "cheese ghosties" and got ripped on at school so bad for it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_float#Black_Cow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Rice crispies" are "crunchy goors".

>cheese ghosties
This needs to be on one of those bs grocery store adds.
We should make a new one.
>Boo! Its Cheese Ghosties!

>Boo! Its Cheese Ghosties!

Nealy spit beef stew all over my PC.

kek
"Limited Stock. Cheese Ghosties!"
>Campbell's Tomato Soup
"Have some. Vampire Sweats!"

Goat Dust! Not for Teens!

Upvoated

In short supply
Barnyard Beets!

i love these

called these "sweet pasty buns" when I was a kid

called potato skins potato canoes, still do that, imo it's a better name. Cute as fuck

A friend, and eventually me, called peanut butter and jelly sandwiches "abe lincolns."

I could have sworn he was fucking with me, but the rest of his family did it too. I just kinda accepted it at some point, but when I used the term later in life, people looked at me I was crazy.

"fishy crackers" for goldfish

youre not wrong?

>best friend growing up called a root beer float a "black cow"
>his whole family does this
>I ask you, who does this

sounded familiar. i think someone in my family called them that too. googled it and looky here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_float#Black_Cow

All beef stew and anything roast is rump roast

Anybody else call ramen "curly noodles"?

I'm getting nostalgic hungry for them just thinking about it

We called those toasties

Also we called mett "favourite sausage"

>be in high school
>bring my new gf over for dinner one night
>don't tell my parents or anyone else she's coming over
>family has never met her and is unaware that we're dating
>mom makes some awful casserole for dinner that she found in a Paula Deen cookbook or some shit
>it has chicken, green beans, wild rice and canned cream of mushroom soup
>to mark the occasion, mom christens the dish Meet Fiona Casserole

>6 months later
>gf and I break up
>mom's like, "dammit, we have to rename the casserole now!"
>names it after the newest thing in the house, as is tradition
>said thing is a calendar she bought that had photos of half-naked firefighters on it
>have to eat Sweaty Fireman Casserole once a week for the next year or so until I move out

>Sweaty firemen casserole
Kekd
Is your mom retarded?

My spouse's family always called quesadillas "flop 'em overs", which drives everyone, including our children completely insane. We don't even eat them anymore, due to the hatred of that term.

We not only called root beer floats "black cows", but also called grape soda floats "purple cows".

My dad calls flour tortillas "burrito bread"

She's... eccentric
She has a stable of terms to describe the flyover-tier menu she rotates through. Other favorites include:
>Big Salad Night — iceberg lettuce, croutons and chicken strips sold in a package marked "Food Stamp Eligible." We weren't poor.
>Nacho Mountain — tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, refried beans and pre-cooked shredded chicken breast, heaped onto a cookie sheet and baked until dry
>Dad's Cooking Tonight — Papa John's pizza. No toppings.

My family would always get a puff pastry fruit tart for birthdays and refer to it as a "Fruit Cake"
Naturally, the Christmastime meme of "Fruitcakes taste horrible" flew over my whole family.

>>Dad's Cooking Tonight — Papa John's pizza. No toppings.

My dad, who's German, calls Egg McMuffins hockey pucks, but with his accent, it sounds more like "hucka pucks" which is now what EVERYONE in the family calls them, because it's so funny when he says it. It's one for the books, even the in-laws are starting to call them that.

I'm having mega-laughs over here. Thanks user.

Turns out beef and mac casserole isn't goulash

I can't decide if your mom is retarded or the chillest mom ever.

My father is very southern and some of his southern slang snuck it's way into my dialect as a child.

>Here user, you want some potato skins?
>No thanks, but those tater logs look delicious!
>I was talking about the potato skins
>Seconds of confused silence followed by laughter surrounds me
>Fuck you, they're still tater logs

She's extremely chill. She is an absolute flyover-tier cook, but that's not really any deficit on her part, more just a function of her having 5 kids and always having to deal with some crisis related to that

>unironically uses the word flyover

how many rep bape hoodies do you own?

>Bape hoodies
What is this 2010?

Not even tomato sauce or cheese?

Are you sure they weren't using coke? Because coke and icecream is a black cow. But my family did call root beer floats brown cows. Might be a Wisconsin thing?

i used to call these 'heavens' when i was a kid
i'd be like 'mum can i get a heaven from the freezer now i've had my peas'

>not until you finish your tea and crumpets Fergus

cinnamon johnnies

Not sure why but when I was a kid my dad referred to a two liter of soda as a "Boss of Pop" only the two liter was a boss. I've never heard this anywhere else

Are you guys all 18-20 by ay chance? None of this is funny and you need to grow up.

these kinds of judgemental comments are a lot more immature than some silly humour.

half the time these idiotic names come from you calling it that as a baby/toddler and your parents thinking it's so fucking adorable they go with it for a while and eventually they stop even thinking about it that's just what it is.

the other half of the time it's the same story but it happened in their family when they were a kid or so on.

Back you go thanks

lol she's just having fun man what the fuck

the idea that you would call up papa johns and demand they provide you with a disc of bread in a box is really entertaining to me

back you go thanks

when i was a kid i used to call pringles "mr mustache chips" because of pic related. it was definitely encouraged by my parents though like says.

>caring what others find funny
grow up, mate

>>names it after the newest thing in the house, as is tradition
fucking lol, your mum is a legend

only military familys will understand "shit on a shingle"

foreskins on toast

why would only military families understand this, it's an extremely common phrase amongst the elderly working class

>military family member detected

> can of spaghetti sauce (must be from a can)
> cheap, expired ground meat on sale
> and a shit load of Louisiana Creole seasoning
> served on wonder bread

We called them "Ghetto Joes"

Veeky Forums is the only board more obsessed with reddit than /v/.

t. has never interacted with a white person poorer than an army veteran

My older sister, when she was 16, decided to start calling pepperoni rolls "penis rolls".
She thought it was hilarious and would call them that any chance she got. Eventually it actually caught on and my mom, my other sister, and my 12 year old self all referred to them as penis rolls, dick buns, cock biscuits, etc from then on.
Pic sorta related, except my mom made them so that the pepperoni sticks would hang out of the sides, hence the name.

when mom stopped moving we didn't know what to do. we all wanted to stay together. so my older sister told me to dig up the garden. i found a box of little bones while i was digging under the climbing frame and my sister told me it was her hamster curly and she had put her hamster curly there because it had stopped moving like mum and we were going to do the same for mum now and it was good i found curly because we could put them in the same box.

we had to put mom and curly in the hole what i'd dug when nobody could see, so i got to stay up really late until you couldn't hear any cars. at first my sister told me she could carry mom and i could carry curly because curly was small like me. but mom was too big for her so we had to roll her along the ground and i had to help. then when we were rolling her along the ground built up along her other side and pushed against us. so i would have to dig the ground out from under her while my sister pushed. it took a long time and my sister hurt her back but we got mom in and then my sister and brother told me to say goodbye mom and go inside.

>Sweaty fireman casserole
You had a good mom user.

Literally opened this thread to make sure I read that right. Congrats user you buried your mom with the hamster that was probably up her ass at one point.

I want to say It is a northeast thing my mother and all of her sisters called floats like that cows.

>he's never seen this set and doesn't know what's going on

we called orange juice, morning juice

>tfw i have to take a breather after every page

>tfw I ate mashed potatoes with a spoon and got lauighed at on my first day at a new primary school

I was just a 5 year old little blue eyed bong. Please leave me alone.

???

Thanks for the laugh.

I thought "fizzo" was just standard Aussie slang for carbonated beverages but while being almost universally understandable by Aussies it seems relatively unique.

Not entirely in line with the thread, but you're obviously supposed to eat mash with a fork.

But why?

Haven't really done any of that with my son except for watermelon. For whatever reason we can't stop him from saying marshmellon.

I don't mind it because a marshmallow-watermelon hybrid sounds delicious

What the fuck is this

This one seems like someone is trying to copy it.

You were just a poorfag who only got storebrand

Looks like chipped beef. Sliced dried beef with a white gravy sauce and served on toast.

Search for LiarTownUSA, they have some other pretty funny stuff

Seems like someone was just being a dick to you.

There's 12 of them for a calendar. That's one of the 12. I think one's missing.

Not really

I love it.

It's relatively recent. I don't remember it being so bad. It came together with an increase of /r9k/ & /pol/ style postings. Why these boards took a sudden interest in Veeky Forums beats me.

Grandma Egg.

Toppest of keks, your mom sounds pretty based

My grandma and me called pork chops karate chops until I fucked up. Now I'm a fat fuck who makes money by telling a story about how my fat feelings are hurt.