Can you tell if the writer is a woman just by reading their works? If so, how?

Can you tell if the writer is a woman just by reading their works? If so, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/quiz/2011/jun/02/naipaul-test-author-s-sex-quiz
hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php
articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-05-28/features/0305280247_1_interactive-style-writing-anonymous-author
warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=memoirs of hadrian
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8363561#p8364745
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rhetorically they tend to overuse eponyms, polysyndeton, antiphrasis and when they try to be witty it's usually litotes or antanagoge.
their narratives only happen on material level, they get compliments, something gives them sensations etc, because women aren't as ontologically 'there' as men, they aren't properly inscribed into the symbolic text. They have no depth, no real existential angst or anguish, they are superficial, dumb, and selfish.

Fuck we had this thread like two days ago.

The answer was: probably not really, but you predict it slightly better than just 50/50

Last time I read a female author was when I was ten, it was the first Harry Potter book.
Your question is like asking how does driving one of those cars you can drive without a driving license feel like in comparison to driving a car.

>If so, how?
Ask yourself: is this writing sensitive and descriptive (use of adverbs, descriptions of colors and smells of random things, appearence of the characters is given too much importance, etc.) to the point it becomes boring and irrational?

I've got to say. This isn't how women write. If anything, they use far less adverbs than men, and give less description of characters appearance.

Men are visually oriented. Male authors frequently describe the visuals of characters far more than women do imo.

What you're describing is just basically bad writing in general though.

>They have no depth, no real existential angst or anguish, they are superficial, dumb, and selfish.
Well they can't possibly write worse or have less depth then you

toni morrison is p dank, maybe you just need to read women who aren't 19th century bourgeois brits

No, he needs to read 19th century bourgeois brits.
Austen is artistically and intellectually superior to any post war American writer

This.

Austen is one of the greatest writers to ever live, not just one of the greatest female writers.

>slightly better than just 50/50
Kys if you can't go atleast 75/25 or anything over 500 words

theguardian.com/books/quiz/2011/jun/02/naipaul-test-author-s-sex-quiz

hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php

>cherrypicked samples
>most are less than even 100 words
Well memed, friend

There's genuine software that can determine with pretty good accuracy if not more whether a man or woman wrote something, if the passage of course is long enough.

There's specific differences in usage of pronouns and articles particularly (such as they, an/a, the, this, that, he, and she).

Basically, women are more focused on interpersonal relationships and individual subjects, and men more focused on objects in their writing, on objectivity, and are more prone to put things and people into groups --- calling a bunch of people/objects "they" instead of using, as women do more often, the singular he, she, or it.

articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-05-28/features/0305280247_1_interactive-style-writing-anonymous-author

I read all of it slowly and got 10/10 lmao.

Thanks bro, I'm gonna write like a woman on purpose now while keeping the focus on dude shit.

It'll be interesting bro

It's easier to tell with contemporary hacks. I can't tell while I read someone like Marguerite Yourcenar, for example

I can usually tell just by looking at the cover.

"memoirs of hadrian" didnt seem odd to you? i felt stupid for getting memed into reading it.

You should feel stupid for feeling stupid in the first place.

>memed into reading it.
What did he mean by this

warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=memoirs of hadrian
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8363561#p8364745

Women are forced to write dainty and ladylike by the establishment.

Or at least it was this way for most of history. Not sure how much the situation improved since Dworkin wrote this in the 80s.

She's literally Peter Sotos sans CP and noise music.

Everything is a war.
Sex is rape.

Hadrian sounded like an old lady. One of the worst books ever written, not because it is bad, but because the writing sullies the subject.

This is a bad opinion, even for a pseud

You ought to read it in French ; perhaps the translation made it sound less feminine, but there's something grotesque and ridiculous about Hadrian speaking like a vieille fille.

All French sounds disgusting. It sounds like a gurgling Tunisian transvestite discussing the feeling of British sailor cum going down his throat.

>Mohhhnnn cooeurhhhhhrrrr ayyhhhhh rooooooshhhhhjjhsshshzh pohouurr twwwahhhhh

Lol alright, anglo. Keep telling yourself that.

Always remember:

>speak French to your wife
>Italian to your lover
>English to your grocer
>German to your horse

Always remember: Speak English everywhere, because it's the lingua franca of the entire world in the information age AND space age.

Your grandchildren will speak French like the Irish speak Gaelic. Enjoy your failed culture, bitch. Say hi to the Somalians in the Louvre for me, if you can get there before call to prayer.

I can tell if a writer is your mom just by the cocoa butter smell on the pages and the constant references to soul train

Is this racism? I don't know anymore.

I post shitty writings on shitty fiction websites, am female, and almost always the readers think I'm a guy.
But the level of writing probably makes a difference, too. My works are terrible, and in general terrible writing all sounds/looks the same.

maybe it's just an authentic black experience, there's a thin line between stereotypes and real life