BIOLOGY IS EASY

I fucking cringe every time I see this.

Every fucking problem we care about today (cancer, aging, designer babies, disease) is deeply rooted in biology, and yet these plebs keep swaying people from pursuing this field.

WE NEED MORE OF THEM, NOT LESS.

biology is so easy dude literally brainlet tier

People who can’t handle the rigor of the physical sciences literally downgrade to biology to stay in science because it’s easier. All you have to do is memorize bullshit.

90% of biology is useless trash, like ecology and evolutionary biology.

The one field of biology that is useful is founded almost entirely on chemistry.

All sciences require you to memorize bullshit, dumbass.

>tfw a computer program can do everything a physicist needs to do

Biology 101 is easy.

Bioinformatics is such a nuanced application of statistics and data science most people only pretend to understand it.

>muh bioinformatics

every fucking time lol

Actually, I started in biology and later picked up a second major in physics.

>not deriving the entire classical mechanics with just F=ma

>Every fucking problem we care about today (cancer, aging, designer babies, disease) is deeply rooted in medicine and biotech
ftfy

Choosing your ego over the future of humanity.

You guys are so smart.

I eat a healthy diet and I exercise regularly. Darwinian diseases like cancer and AIDS don't worry me at all, lad.

Good for you. I guess its only natural to look down on those less fortunate. I mean why expend any energy on the greater good right? Sure you would benefit but indirectly, and likely not so much you, but your offspring would live in a better world, they would have a better chance of success.

But why do that. You can be selfish, focus on YOU and raise your kids to prey on the misfortune of others. Because thats how you got ahead.

Self inflicted misfortune isn't misfortune.

To what extent is it self inflicted. Im not arguing social sciences here Im assisting the case for biological sciences, and so far the only arguments against biological sciences are just people puffing up theor egos for display...

"Im better than a biologist because i understand autist level math even though theres no practical application for it!"

Im sure society apreciates your lack of meaningful contribution in exchange for supporting your non productive ass.

Cancer is a disease that inflicts those with bad lifestyles.

Not entirely.

Stick to math or whatever youre trying to be good at...

Biology is eas-

Biology isn't a method. It's a body of knowledge. Biologists use chemistry, physics, mathematics and computers to solve human problems. People who knock Biology genuinely don't understand this.

I got a Biochemistry degree because I care about human disease, in particular Age-related diseases like Alzheimer's and Cancer. My studies only strengthened my appreciation for all of the above fields because those are tremendously useful tools in solving problems. But, I would never know how to apply those tools without first developing an understanding of biological science topics. Even the "useless trash" like evolutionary biology is immensely useful in understanding how to develop good genetics experiments, and determine how ancient biological mechanisms can apply to human health.

Biology gets more difficult the deeper you swim. If you think it's easy, it's because you've never given it serious thought.

Too bad these 90% are the most interesting one.

I think it is because there are many other subfields within biology that doesn't require higher intellects.

Bioinfo is trash. You're probably just a freshman

thank you for your beautifully written and succinct post fellow biochemist, these motherfuckers just don't know

All of which aren't cured or illegal in the west so it's not really a valid point

Not really. Most sciences are about underlying generalisations, as these have the most utility. Biology increasingly includes this too.

We need designer diseases more than babies.

Bio... Maybe end of biology is designer babies, because it's more like data science, than biology, sorry, it's PURE DATA SCIENCE, with no fucking biology involved.

The problem is that intelligent people go in mathematics or physics so the brainlets go in biology, that's why cancer will take an eternity to cure.

Biology is easy as fuck comparef to other shit, just look at what bio-specific program students study and compare it to what engineering/physics-specific program students of the same year study. Its very obvious OP, I won't say it's not important but its regardless much easier than the physical sciences.

>t. stemfag
go get a PhD in biology and then tell us it's easy you genius.

And before you say anything, I'm a math major and that's no reason to be as deliberately ignorant as you are.

explain plz

>go get a PhD in biology
Just because getting a PhD in that field is difficult doesn't make the subject matter difficult. Any PhD in a science that emphasizes heavy amounts of lab time during your studies is going to be hard. In the realm of lab-based PhDs, biology ain't even shit compared to synthetic chemistry. They're both still going to challenge the fuck out of you due to the amount of hours you'll spend in the lab, though. Even if you make it through, you've probably made a somewhat trivial contribution to your field.

The hard part of Biology are the Labs.
But Engineering, Chemistry & Physics Labs still much more hard than Biology Labs.

On top of that, just like Psychology, most Biology experiments don't replicate.

The theoretical concepts, classes, assignments, tests, coursework and books are indeed undeniably easy as fuck.

You need scientific research to solve these problems. Biotech (in the industrial sense) and especially medicine are often far removed from actual science and just apply established knowledge for a specific goal.

explain pls

calculus gives me aboner

So who here has actually taken bio classes other than intro bio? Anyone actually a bio major?

>DUHH look at me I study physics I'm so smart
The point is NOT whether they're hard. It's whether they are IMPORTANT. Get it plebs?

>biotechnology has nothing to do with biology
LMFAO

I've taken a bunch, did my bachelors in Biochem, currently pursuing studies in Pchem. Genetics was one of the toughest courses I took in undergrad, the behavior and regulation of nucleic acids is unbelievably intricate. And yes, it was hard.

Biology gets a bad rap because so many of the people trying to study it are dumbass premeds that only serve as fact memorizing machines. As a result, most university level Biology courses are set up to accomadate their needs, for obvious economic reasons.

But, just as one must separate the creation from the artist in art criticism, we must also separate the subject (Biology) from it's performers (Biology students). Understanding marcomolecules, how they form, how they're regulated, how they contribute to homeostasis, is incredibly difficult and requires a mastery of chemistry the way understanding physics requires a mastery of mathematics. Most of the people who think that Biology is significantly easier than the other sciences are saying so because they think understanding Biology requires no quantitative skills (not true at all, you need to have a good grasp on stat mech and quantum chemistry just to truly understand proteins), but these people neglect the incredible amount of deductive reasoning required to elucidate some protein structure or metabolic pathway or whatever.

TL,DR: Obtaining a true understanding of Biology is extremely hard. So hard that universities do not expect or require their bio majors to graduate with a sufficient understanding of living systems at all. Also, they dumb down most bio classes because they want to put out as many pre-meds as possible.

Should i study Biotech?
t. mexican intellectual

Biology requires a lower level cognitive function like chemistry which is memorization vs something like physics and math which requires understanding and application.