Textbooks worth buying and will last you a lifetime thread

Mine: Shigley's Mech. Eng. Design

As far as I know every mechanical engineer has one and use it constantly. My friends dad still has his 4th edition from school.

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.iranidata.com/amuzeshi/Daneshgahi/Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design, 9th Edition-McGraw-Hill (www.iranidata.com).pdf)
crcpress.com/Handbook-of-Physics-in-Medicine-and-Biology/Splinter/p/book/9781420075243
mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/360
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are aware that the book is freely available online, right OP?

(dl.iranidata.com/amuzeshi/Daneshgahi/Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design, 9th Edition-McGraw-Hill (www.iranidata.com).pdf)

I prefer reading physical books. But I know that some people prefer not having to deal with physical books.

Yeah I already have the digital copy but I wanted the physical book to have no matter what happens (also I'm sort of a physical book guy so theres that)
It really depends on my mood whether or not I want to read physical/digital textbook. But this was really cheap and second hand so I thought why not.

Art of Electronics

If you want to learn anything about rocket propulsion, pic related is generally considered the rocket bible. I use it constantly.

I nominate this

also

bump

Does anyone have any biomedical engineering suggestions?

Specifically microfluidics? I'm transitioning into the field from chemistry and need to brush up.

based iranians

something like this?
crcpress.com/Handbook-of-Physics-in-Medicine-and-Biology/Splinter/p/book/9781420075243

>art*n
Utter trash. Nowhere else did I see vector spaces treated before and completely independently to rings and fields.

mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/360

>Nowhere else did I see vector spaces treated before and completely independently to rings and fields

Literally everybody does that.

Not that guy, but Herstein doesn't and Jacobson doesn't either.

Yeah sure, in "elementary linear algebra for engayneers" books. Not in an algebra book, let alone one ostensibly not introductory. Even linear algebra books like Hoffman-Kunze first introduce what a field is before talking about vector spaces.

This bad boy

Because those books were written just as linear algebra was breaking away from abstract algebra.

Shilov
Harthshorne
Munkres
MTW
Polchinski

the holy bible of numerical analysis

Thoughts on the infinite napkin?

Agreed.