Amazon Reviews

>Search any work of literary on Amazon
>Look at one star reviews

It's a gold mine. Fucking great. People like this actually exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Hutzler-571-Banana-Slicer/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1494812999&sr=1-3&keywords=banana slicer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What book was he reviewing?

Wise Blood

pynchon?

Yeah I learned all that stuff in my philosophy classes in college.

Mason & Dixon

The alliteration alone made my body ache

Well, he does have a point.

>You think a talking dog is funny?
Yes?

>Show, don't tell
EVERY FUCKING TIME

He isn't wrong

Herodotus - Histories

>Katie

Oh boy I am surprised

The fucking iliad

kek

OP here. I'd feel guilty if I didn't say something about KJV Bible reviews.

This isn't even one of the better ones.

>portrait of the artist
>no plot
These people are genuinely retarded. You don't have to have explosions and anime battles for something to have plot.

That said, I kinda prefer goodreads review as far as rage-inducing and amusing posts go. Amazon is full of pseuds too, but it lacks the circle-jerk nature and want for attention that Goodreads has.

>Muh soggy knee
Dropped.

What book though...

why do people think their freshman writing class is the end all be all of good writing? I don't know how many times I've had to listen to some nasally shitbag complain about a writer using an adverb in a 100 year-old work.

what it's so easy to read. this shit was meant to be told to a bunch of commoners in ancient Greece

I'm so fucking sick of people referencing the Emperor's New Clothes.

IJ

Not really.

so glad i don't watch shitty youtube channels like so many people around here, that sounds pathetic

I am too. It's my go-to flag for spotting a pseud now. It's used in every other review on good reads. They always try to find a way to "cleverly" insert it into their review, and it's infuriating.

Wew...

Fucking marks, man.

You can't say his review is wrong, just emotionally charged. Though in his attempt to subvert the book he affirmed it since Al Queda has a never ending stream of recruits.

>i'm lazy and the things i read should acknowledge that

Talking dogs are pretty funny indeed

>I don't like a character as a person so the whole book is bad
I want him to die.

It might be funny if I knew what book he's talking about, genius.

Read the thread.

What book is that?

Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea.

Arrogant idiots like this are the worst.
How the fuck do you not know what a hearth is? And if you don't, fucking look it up.

>it is completely taken out of context
What?

>people whom want
reeeeeeeee

haha!

wait wait wait wait
He is having difficulty with the fucking Fagles? That is the fucking walmart edition of the Iliad. That tranny is designed for stupid people.

Grazie

god btfo

It can be, to be fair.

>people whom want
Oh god no

>Poetry is usually so academic in its use of language

That is just an euphemism for saying "I'm an idiot who can't understand words"

It's even worse, he doesn't realize he can find out what they mean.

>BetaGeek

What did he mean by this username?

Who the fuck doesn't know what a hearth is?

The Odyssey is one of the easiest Greek poems for modern audiences though. Even if you go full pleb and take it purely as entertainment, it's a pretty fun adventure story

I presume he means Ancient Greece.

Where do I get one of these molds for my face, is it to keep hydrated?

You apply the semen to the face directly, I hear.

>ghost writer for socrates

stopped reading there

People don't understand that show don't tell is advice for poor writers.
Good writers will show by telling.

I don't think he got everything out of the book.

Its like they want the author to hold their hands and guide them through the damn book.

Same reason every libertarian thinks they're an economic expert even though they've only taken up to the 101 level.

Libertarians are almost as bad as liberals, even if they are on the right side of the spectrum. Retarded political ideology that falls apart under the slightest degree of scrutiny, as do the people who support it.

Thinking that you know everything about a subject after a college course is general pseud behavior. Good writers know that adverbs are fine if used well and sparingly. I remember avoiding adverbs at all cost until I started reading Joyce and realized that they can make for very good writing.

confirmed for never having read Kaczynski

>by a customer on 9 April 1999

Fug man this review is older than half the posters on this board

The reviews for books might be good, but the reviews for the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer are true KINO

amazon.com/Hutzler-571-Banana-Slicer/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1494812999&sr=1-3&keywords=banana slicer