Any raw vegans here...

Any raw vegans here? For the past couple of days I've been watching youtube on health stuff because so far I've been a skinnyfat eating whatever my mom cooks

I've been researching the surface level nutrition for the optimal diet for health and longevity, and immediately stumbled into 3 things: veganism, raw foodism and intermittent fasting. Anyone here doing this lifestyle wants to share some opinions or thoughts on this? I need to make some diet changes and not sure which path should I follow and who to listen

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Veganism can be manageable. You'll miss meat and dairy for a few months to a year but it's not expensive and you'll learn how to cook for yourself much better.
Raw food is time-consuming, expensive, and nutritionally questionable in the long term. I do not recommend it.

dont pick a joke diet just because you're too lazy to cook

Ex-skinnyfat user here, I'm vegan but not strictly raw. I also practice regular fasting by having a single meal once a day. It isn't hard at all since you maintain a feeling of fullness for long periods of time. Not having to think about eating most of the time is also very liberating. I lost about 10-15 pounds, but since almost all of it was fat I slimmed down to Ottermode (I average 5-6% BF now) and my last blood test battery showed great results on everything including cholesterol/triglycerides and protein levels.

You've probably already visited nutritionfacts.org but it's really the best source of info for these issues.

My meals are mostly half-3/4 vegetables (frozen or fresh on sale) plus a whole starch like baked sweet potatoes, bulgur wheat, whole grain pasta, and beans. My veggies choice almost always include a largely cruciferous green like cabbage, broccoli, or some others like spinach and turnip greens which are the calorie-shallow & nutrient-dense foods, period. Without relying on oils and sauces like mayo or sour cream I begin to appreciate different spices as well as acids in hot sauce/vinegar. I also only drink water. Probably the single easiest and most effective health change anyone can do is stop drinking their calories. Alcohol or juice aren't any better than soda in this regard.

Protip: If you do plan to go vegan (really even if you don't since they are poorly absorbed) you do need to take Vitamin B12 & D3 supplement since neither of those come from food (the former are made by bacteria and the latter from sun exposure). After that, a daily multivitamin won't hurt but it's not essential like those two are since diet.
nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/

What he said about temporarily missing animal products. It mostly goes away pretty fast. I miss cheese more than I do meat, really.

the green+beans one meal a day sounds like something that I'm leaning towards

do you also work out? how does your body look like? because I'm tall and I'm also lately intersted in calisthenics and would like to get some strenght and muscle

this.
which sources have you used for your research? what were the pros and cons of veganism/raw vegan vs a normal varied diet?

raw is dum
whole food vegan is better
Raw is a fat that peaked years ago.

A vegan diet won't guarantee health or longevity, in fact it's more harmful in general than eating a big mac or two every day like that one guy does, eat reasonable amounts of food and exercise you fucking lazy retard, trying to achieve things without any actual effort will result in disappointment.

Also veganism causes a lot of enviromental harm for obvious reasons related to shipping out of season veggies to places without those veggies and also monoculture which is required to grow the the small varietiy of veggies in large amounts that we eat in western society is destroying the dirt, any vegan saying veganism is more environmentally friendly is a dirty liar

>I average 5-6% BF now
Yeah, nah. That's bodybuilder during contest-tier, my man.

Also hungry skeleton-territory.

this. when I was researching veganism I found a lot of "raw vegan" youtubers who espoused the benefits of the diet in older videos. but with a little more research you can see that in the past year or two most of them have quietly stopped and eat some cooked foods now.

raw veganism is mostly based on the biophotons meme. I'm not sure there is much scientific evidence for it.

the best thing to do is to just buy vegan food as unprocessed as possible and make whatever you want with it yourself. that way you avoid oil/salt/preservatives/corn syrup/etc.

(not that raw stuff is bad, fruits are probably one of the most healthy things you can eat. but only eating raw is ridiculously difficult and probably not that helpful)

Our whole system of agriculture is fucked and completely unsustainable, but no plant can hold a candle to the ecological and moral armageddon that is the factory livestock farm.

I tried Raw Til 4 for one day. Made me stupid bloated and uncomfortable. Veganism is totally managable though - especially now. There's loads of options out there.

Yeah, definitely looks sickly on anyone who's not a bodybuilder or professional athlete. 10-12% body fat is optimal for men. Veganism is one of the favorite diets of anorexics.

I've been a vegan for over 3 years now and have tried raw veganism during that time. Basically, your body will not be able to digest the food properly and you will feel like shit. Also, I will add that veganism is crap for any kind of active lifestyle. I have to drink 3 servings of vegan protein shakes + 2 bowls of beans/quinoa a day at least just to stop my muscle from deteriorating.

I'm only doing veganism because I'm a poor college student and I refuse to eat subhuman CAFO meat. the moment I graduate and have a solid income I plan on eating grass-fed, organic meat

>
I've been researching the surface level nutrition for the optimal diet for health and longevity, and immediately stumbled into 3 things: veganism, raw foodism and intermittent fasting.
what the fuck is wrong with you

Raw diets and vegan diets are both ridiculous fads propagated by those who have no idea how past humans ate and/or have no idea on what is actually good for you. Lots of the principles are great (less sugars and processed carbs, more vegetables, tougher foods) but of course health nuts are going completely insane saying this is the ONLY way to be healthy and the PINNACLE of eating well. If you fall for this sort of sensational crap I really do feel bad for you.

Ottermode means muscular and attractive. My money says you're just a skeleton now

Im sure you know all

I know enough not to believe my one fad diet is the end all be all to human diets

Mhmmm okay

>this upsets the vegan

not pure vegan but currently i am following a vegeterian died by necessity. I am a poor student and my funds are very limited so i am stuck eating many eggs and lots of cheese and milk and oats and such. I am not doing bad healthwise, although i can't imagine myself living like this for the rest of my life. I can't wait to get a full time job so that I can taste meat again.

stop reading fake news, op.

Get some fish and vegetables in there, don't eat much sugar and that's pretty much an ideal human diet. It's nice to eat meat once in a while though.