/wangz/

Is there a bigger ripoff than buffalo wangz? i say no, no fucking way.
Wangz are $1/lb but $10/lb when cooked, so like a dollar per drum or flat. Wangz are a fucking joke.

>prepared food is more expensive than unprepared food
hnggghhhh...OP...my almonds...ARE ACTIVATING

stop the shtick.
they are a ripoff man. a dollar for a tiny mini drumstick, but you can get 8 actual drumsticks for $3

>$5 for 30 wings
I should take a picture of the chicken at the grocery store. It's $1 for an entire chicken, about $2 for a massive bag of wings. Last time I grabbed two of the bags, it had more than enough for a party of 5.

OP is right about the wings. But eggs are worse. Then again I'm not much for going out for breakfast or brunch.

then make your own, you cheap ass faggot.

shit yes man $3 for 2 eggs lol like nigga what??
i do sweetie.

Where I am, eggs are dirt cheap. I could go to a restaurant and get a three egg meal any style with toast and homefries or hash for no more than $4. It's terrific.

My cousin has chickens and they sell me eggs for $2 a carton. Fresh as fuck, and I get about 12 eggs.

Waffle House menu

wings are $2.69/lb in boston and 10 wings at a restaurant is $10, so that's probably a 3.5x markup sold at the restaurant which is pretty normal actually

Eggs are normally a dollar for 12 at the grocery store here.

How the fuck does the calorie count not go up the way it seems like it should? I mean how is 3 eggs not triple the calories of 1?

Something about those calories doesn't seem to add up...

>My cousin has chickens and they sell me eggs for $2 a carton. Fresh as fuck, and I get about 12 eggs.
No offense my man but $2 for 12 eggs is literally super market prices, if not more expensive. You're getting ripped off by family, that shit's untoward

They probably kill the yolk after the first egg.

They actually need the income though. I could easily grab eggs at the store for less, but I have disposable income and they definitely do not.

Eggs are about 80 cals each so that first 300 cals is oil or fat

>$1 for an entire chicken
You mean per pound right? Whole chickens around here are like 99c a pound, so they come out to like $5-$7 depending on size.

bulk price would be $1.25/lb (8-12 pieces), thats probably store price which is high imo for wings.

Fake, has to be.. The calories make no sense, and is just genuinely illogical as a whole.

Nope. They are pre-gutted, necked, and halved. Definitely "whole". I'll nab the weight next time I glance.

70 calories per egg, 370 calories in butter/oil/lard/whatever the fuck.

This is the one it was actually from

>raisin toast and apple butter
my childhood....nigga where is this WH??

AZ but I assume others should have the same thing...

If I bought a Phillips air cooker, I would eat nothing but wings and potato wedges.

How do you boys cook your wangz? I prefer to marinate them in hot sauce then liberally season and roast at 400. Crispy skin, juicy meat, plenty of heat.

ill grill them unless i have my fryer up and running. then i
>coat with seasoned flour
>let sit 5 min
>recoat
>deep fry
the flour creates more sauce-holding crust.
>toss in franks with a few drops ghost chili sauce

I followed some recipe that works well. Basically you dust the wings with baking powder, then cook at like 250 for 30 minutes on a little raised baking rack so fat can drip off.
Then I just gently shift them around so they don't settle in too much and get stuck to the rack. Turn oven up to 400 and cook until golden brown and crispy.
The recipe doesn't say this, but after 1 side is done, the other is still a bit soggy and sometimes there's a pocket of fatty liquid building up under the skin. So I flip them over, drain the liquid and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
After they're done, toss them in sauce and eat.

>Is there a bigger ripoff than buffalo wangz? i say no, no fucking way.
I'd say pasta is a bigger ripoff. No way are most restaurants making fresh yolk-based pasta in-house from scratch or using a lot of good cheeses and butter-based roux in their sauces either.

you aren't supposed to make meals of that shit, it's a poverty candy.

>mfw every Monday at a local restaurant is wing night and they do $0.25/piece wings and I go get stuffed on $5

You go to some really shitty restaurants then.

Deep fry, toss in sauce, broiler.

Mfw you're a fat wad of dogshit

Even if the wings are shit I can't imagine they're selling at anything but a loss.

>getting stuffed on 20 wings

are you a little girl?

this is a case where it's beyond ridiculous though
OP is right
they are literally a dollar from garbage places like pizza hut and more from "wing places"

Probably have to buy a beer to get the deal

since an egg is 70 calories and t he calorie count goes up by 70 calories each time,
are retarded.
the fat used for cooking and whatever the place is including as a side or filler or whatever in the eggs will equal 370 calories.
i felt the need to type this because of how dumb those people were and i wanted to make them feel bad about their inadequate thinking skills.

>he doesn't know

i've3 never eaten more than twelve and i'm a big guy

UUUU!

This. I am like 22 stone and I can barely finish 12 wings.

To eat 20 or more, you have to be some whale.

>thinks the quantity of food someone can eat is dependant on their weight
That's why a majority of competition eaters are tiny ass Asian boys? Dipshits.

some whale or a bulimic twat*

>Is there a bigger ripoff than buffalo wangz?

Yes. "Bone-out wings" ... they're basically chicken nuggets for the price of wings. 6 fo $6. wow. such dealz. amazing.

>doesn't get stuffed on 20 wings
you must be a disgusting fat pig jesus.

At places like BWW, the boneless """wings""" are actually more expensive.

Getting boneless anything is dry redneck-tier garbage.

Make your own fucking wings you fag they're really easy. Make buttermilk with Lemon Juice and Milk, leave some wings in there for half an hour, then put some salt pepper hot chilli powder in some flour (i put shitloads of chilli powder and paprika).

Fry in about an inch of oil until it's cooked on the inside. Sick wangz and cheap af.

>boneless anything is dry redneck-tier garbage.

I'm not arguing, but I am curious how rednecks fit into that. I never made that connection. I would think the over-refined quality of "bone-out wings" would be more of a city/yuppie thing.

And I am posting this webm because I never get to post it.

Its neither redneck nor city thing. Its a children vs adult thing

>go to BWW and get boneless wings
>they're just glorified tendies
>go to BWW and get bone-in wings
>not cooked right, skin is soggy, the fucking bone is still cold

Why do people like this overrated meme garbage place?

140 lbs and I'd consider 15-18 wings with a beer to be a full meal.

>Fresh as fuck
is your cousin joe rogan by chance?

same reason flyovers go to olive garden for pasta.

>mfw seeing how busy the Olive Garden in times square is

for you

>only flyovers go to olive garden
Are you trying to be retarded? Flyovers go to fazolis. Olive garden is like a fine dining establishment around here

>Olive garden is like a fine dining establishment around here
Fuckin this
>get one of those shitty gift cards that apply to a bunch of restaurants that are all owned by the same company for christmas one year
>me and wife decide on olive garden since it seems the least shitty choice out of all of them
>the interior looks like they tried to make it "fancy", but all the decorations are just plastic painted to look like other materials(stained wood/metallic etc)
>almost everyone eating there are dressed up to some degree, some guys even wearing full suits like they're at a wedding or something
>then there's one table with a bunch of white trash looking redneck types, all of them wearing dumb shit like sweat pants with sandals and those tank tops with the sides split open
Olive Garden is a polarizing place, some seem to think it's a fine dining place, and some just use it as an all you can eat pasta buffet or whatever and show up in their finest sweat pants.

bonless "wings" are merely chicken nuggets, which consists of chemically separated chicken

Jesus, that's like half a stick of butter. Fine for the three eggs, but the single egg must be swimming.

The only thing made fresh is the soups, and they're actually pretty good. The rest is all overpriced boil in a bag meals. I like going for the soup salad and breadstick lunch.

>chemically separated chicken
I will assume you mean mechanically separated, but if not, what the fuck chemical would you use to separate meat?

i like chemically separated chicken
t.stomach

Welcome to the world of retail restaurants.

That $1 per pound is the RETAIL price, not wholesale, which is what the food industry gets, and it's much cheaper.

Pasta is worse, as it's about .30 cents a pound retail, probably half that price wholesale, and a quarter pound serving of pasta is huge and filling, so the average price for a serving of pasta is about maybe .10 cents per plate.

When you go out to eat, most of your cash goes into paying for everything BUT the food itself in something like this kind of order:
1. Rent for the location
2. Equipment purchase or lease costs and maintenance
3. Personnel payroll
4. Utilities
5. Taxes
6. Cost of the actual food and beverages.

Restaurants are for people that don't have kitchens, or are too stupid or lazy to cook for themselves.

theres obviously fucking toast or something with the eggs

did i just get trolled

This is mostly true. I was the head chef of two restaurants before I became a biochemist, and it is a real ripoff. However, if you can afford it, some restaurants truly are worth it.

You are paying for convenience. You are paying for time.
Not saying that you're wrong but that's what it's all about.

No it isn't retard.
Wyngz are mechanically seperated rib meat
Anything marketed as boneless "wings" have to contain wing meat.

How the fuck toast gonna be 370cal ?

>some restaurants truly are worth it.

Most aren't, and use the same Sysco products everybody else uses.

fuckin love wings bros
blanch in oil or fat at literally like 225,
fry till barely crispy, toss that bitch in something nice she's a good girl

All waffle.houses have rasin toast and apple butter, just ask for it. Comes standard with the Cheese n Eggs plate

Sarin

Maybe in flyover country

>Tyson chicken
Bha! It's worse than that. US FOODS/SYSCO industrial monsanto-fed GMO cheapest-wings-shekels-can-buy chicken.

You're paying for their rent of the building, their water and power bill, the cook, the dishwasher, the shift manager, the General Manager, the regional manager, the sexy receptionist at corperate, the Yum!-conglomerate yacht, etc etc.

AND everytime money changes hands in America, Jamal and Tyrone get a cut.

How does this situation not explain itself?

The best restaurants tend to be the small, privately owned places that survive because they can afford to buy and use good ingredients, and that's easier to do outside the urbanite coastal hell zones because the tax rates and real estate costs aren't constantly being manipulated by corrupt urban (((politicians))).

But there's also no incentive to buy good ingredients in rural areas because the people there usually don't have any idea of what makes a restaurant good and anything even remotely mediocre passes as a 4-5 star Yelp review whereas in the city there is enormous competition and coasties really care about farm to table/organic/locally sourced/etc so there's more incentive to be better. Plus you're demanding higher prices since everything costs more.

>this dumb post

>I grew up in a coastal hellhole and have literally never been anywhere else: the post

That literally doesn't happen in most of flyover country. Compare Pa & Ma's Gol'darned Homecook'in in Jeebusworshipville, AR to the northern CA wine country local restaurants. Sorry, your corn pone, farm raised, corn battered fried catfish with an appetizer of Tyson corn battered tenders and HFCS condiments with a side of Sysco iceberg lettuce and cardboard tomato won't make it past the first round. You live in HFCS corn, soybean and cotton country child, and unless you grow your own vegetables and meat you are severely limited.

I grew up on the coast my gf grew up in farmland, we've both been to each others' hometowns a number of times, I think I know what I'm talking about. Sorry I insulted your idea of fine dining, Meemaw's boiled meat and potato shack.

I remember back when I didn't cook for myself, I went to Olive Garden for their Endless Pasta for $10. I was happy about it too.
After I started cooking, I realize how much of a moron I was, lol.

>If I hurl more baseless insults I win the argument!
Doesn't work that way, coastie.

Yoor ai stewpid cuont.

Home cooking FTW

the best thing donald trump could do as president is make it so restaurants no longer have to put calories on menus

I miss my fucking outback cheese fries back when they were 25,000 calories a plate!

WTF my wife caught me watching that webm and laughing now she wants a divorce

A large soda cost about $.18 cents to pour into a cup

Sells upwards of $3

>chicken flies across the bathroom

lost.

>what is overhead cost of electricity, heat, tool, equipment, etc
>what is labour cost, which includes competency of doing a task so people don't get food poisoning
>what is advertising for the establishment so people come to the establishment to acquire the product you are selling

If you already make your own then why complain? Make your wings how you want to and let someone else be entrepreneurial and serve others who can't be bother to make their own food.

shut up.

so get a water

OP is a faggot of course, wings cost $$2.50-$3 a pound at Albertsons or WinCo.

What really confused me is how eggs can be 60 cents a dozen. How the fuck can that be profitable for anyone?

>Wangz
kill yourself

Its not a ripoff, you hobo.

Now that i think of it, if wings were any closer to that price, businesses would be flooded with hobo patronage.

Because people are willing to pay up when they eat out, you dumpster diving outcast.

Olive Garden is where poor people go to feel fancy. The food sucks but they don't know any better.