Modern art

>modern art

>modern science

If that wasn't so out of place I would otherwise think it was kinda neat. 99.9% of modern art really is just pure garbage though.

So what do you want modern art to be like?

Looks postmodern to me.

>modern criticism

it's fine until you realize it's a global warming propaganda piece in fucking venice

Everything should be a representation of events from the bible.

>It's a "user undisciplined in art and largely uninterested in it complaining about a vague idea of 'modern art' to feign being cultured" thread

Eh, I'm not going to see it that way, so I can still say it's great.

I hope you remember this when Venice is underwater

More like
>It's a "Canadian undisciplined in art and largely uninterested in it complaining about a vague idea of 'modern art' to feign being cultured makes a new thread after getting BTFO in the last thread" thread

Venice will be underwater no matter what. nothing to do with global warming.

How do you know I'm Canadian

spooky

Venice is sinking because it's a bunch of brick buildings built on muddy lagoon soil, not because Al Gore isn't being given enough money you discount Canadian.

>still not understanding the distinction between modern and contemporary art

Are you an anime villian? Leave Venice alone you monster!
>venice
>Benice
>bene
>benis
BENISE

BE NICE

But that is actually good though.

best post

>it's an "everyone with an opinion I don't like is ignorant and stupid" post

In what world is
>modern art
an opinion that isn't ignorant or stupid?

>your post

It's not about the OP. It's about your mindset. Your the one who read into it criticism. A mere two words. Your hyper-defensiveness is telling.

you're* rather

Yeah sorry there's nothing wrong with this thread.

This. the OP critique is perfectly valid

i like it

No there isn't. In fact the thread itself is a work of art. All the contemporary art lovers assume it's an insult and come riding in to defend it. Really makes one think about the underlying assumptions the contemporary art fan carries with them.

wtf I hate books, reading, literature, and authors

MODERN ART IS NOT CONTEMPORARY ART

YOUR CLAIMS ON ART ARE RIDICULOUS AND IRRELEVANT IF YOU THINK MODERN ART = CONTEMPORARY ART

IT'S LITERALLY SOMETHING THAT IS EXPLAINED IN ANY 101 HISTORY ART CLASS

IT'S LITERALLY SOMETHING THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE 10 FIRST PAGES OF EVERY ART HISTORY-RELATED BOOK

but that's part of this bit

This is pretty cool OP.

I remember the times when Veeky Forums would immediately ignore people who didn't know the difference between modern and postmodern art