Signed Leo Tolstoy??

So, I have the first edition of "Ressurection" by Leo Tolstoy. It has a brief passage on the inside signed by Tolstoy himself. How much is this worth?

Other urls found in this thread:

kogan-communications.co.uk/ecb/page2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

self-bump. I'm poor halp

If authentic it could sell in the mid teens. Resurrection isn't his most well known book but signed first editions are a good bet. First print would be better though. Another problem, even if authentic, would be if the note is personalized. If so that greatly decreases the value to most collectors.

t. owner of a handful of 100K+ books

I struggle to believe that's real

the note doesn't seem to be personal. It's about the copyright.

Seems legit to me, I can't be sure though.

A nearly identical message and signature is selling here for 125 quid. kogan-communications.co.uk/ecb/page2.html

(Ctrl f tolstoy)

I would think it'd be more valuable.

If it were proven legit I'd pay more than that.a

whats a rough estimate?

It's worth $0 until you've invested some money by paying a historian/appraiser to confirm that that is Tolstoy's John Hancock and not some forgery.

It comes with an authenticity cert. From the seller noted above.

My guess is, with some research, you can probably find several such inscribed and signed editions, and even an explanation of it.

Cool find though

>Written in English, a language Tolstoy wasn't fluent in.
>Handwriting looks nothing like his signature
>Signature is also penned in English

You are beyond help if you even thought for a moment that it could be real.

Thats his Cyrillic signature dude...

lmao

>Leo Tolstoy could speak fifteen foreign languages – to varying degrees. He would have learned French as a first language, being an aristocrat in 19th century Russia, but he also learned to speak and read English, German, Italian and Polish. At Kazan University, where he was miserable and indeed left before completing his studies, he studied Turkish and Arabic, and at the age of 50 he took up Hebrew and Ancient Greek so that he could read the Bible.

>at the age of 50 he took up Hebrew and Ancient Greek so that he could read the Bible
Damn, he fell hard for the
>translations
meme.

I'm just amazed the ink is still eligible

Nigger I've got a book signed by some faggot in 1750 and the ink's clearly legible.

He read Dickens in English. He was certainly fluent in it.

>Not learning spanish
What a pleb

Would you care to share some of your cherished material?

I'm on a business trip right now but my most prized possession is a signed copy of the Sun also Rises.

Shouldn't the signature be in Russian?

that just confirms he's patrician lmao

>learning the least important romance language

kek @ u

You weren't living in siglo de oro, pleb.

t.american pissed about his mexican neighbours

It seems authentic.

I had it appraised a while ago. I lost the slip, I think it was around 9,000. The expert said it was real

>learning Polish before Spanish

>I've got a book signed by some faggot in 1750

lol

do you want me to post pics

because i'm lazy and not gonna do that

It's got this picture of some dude in a funny hat too.

So why are you asking us, dumb faggot

No, I am not doubting you. I just found your way of talking funny. Calling a person from 1750 a faggot was hilarious for me for some reason.

I'm actually interested desu
If you get this confirmed I'd seriously buy it. Resurrection is my fav tolstoy work

post em when you get back, please?

>OP expects thousand of dollars

it was in like 1998

I piss in waterbottle and jerk of to anime girls with penises.
Get it appraised again, most of the people on this website weren't born in 1998

yessir