I finally organized my bookshelf at the end of the semester

I finally organized my bookshelf at the end of the semester.

Bookshelf thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.29e8955b01a2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are you studying

Med.

then why is your shelf so focused on books telling how to knead pizza

those e&e's never helped me much.

law school was such an arbitrary grading journey. Some classes I cali'd, others I did way below average. Seems to me that if I can score A's, B+, and a C all in one semester, corresponding to similar levels of understanding and effort, the system is fucked.

also i'm a depressed alcoholic now. so there's that. thanks holmes, marshall, posner, scalia, and co.

what would you say is the failure rate out of law school? i could ask google but i want you to tell me.

I had a few friends drop out. I don't know anyone who 'failed' per se. They just shit the bed gpa wise and figured it wasn't worth the money to come back.

yeh. have a very narcissistic friend who stopped going to law school. she doesn't talk about it, and i don't want to bring it up.

Now that law is the topic so far, what is considered a good GPA for big firms? I know with IB/corporate finance, which is pretty much the best finance career, everyone says a ball-park GPA to be competitive is 3.5. What about law?

it depends, as the idiom goes.

where do you go to school? T14? T50?
where do you want to work?
what is the median? where do you rank up?

Biglaw is fun to shoot for, but that should never be your plan. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Everything except for the guide to citation on the far right is a wast of money, you are far better of purchasing notes for about 1/4 of the price and 10x more helpful.

i have no taste and i must read

Just memeing my way through life. Enjoy these photographs of my books I have taken recently. (I normally lurk these threads for ideas about how to organise my stuff) 1/4

2/4
I pick up a lot of these second hand, I work at a charity shop distribution and sorting centre.

3/4
Philosophy, non-fiction, poetry.
The books on top are ones I need to grab frequently for uni.

4/4
Manga from when I was a kid, random shit, and gfs books.

I think you have cool shelves the Junhi Ito volumes are 100% cum
all 4 of your shelves are nice, what's the stuff in the bottom left corner of pic #4?

Some henry fielding and d h lawrence, a friend just dropped it around recently as he didnt want it.
I think he got them off one of the local crazies. This old dude lives in the pub and walks around the streets of my town initiating conversations about politics, literature, and philosophy. He hands out books to people after he reads them. The only interaction ive had with the guy is when he saw I had a book by Freud and talked at me for 25 minutes about it in the book shop. Another friend says he got stopped at uni by him and asked "are you of military age?" And then continued to tell him to prepare for world war 3 with china, and that his father predicted the war in the middle east and tried to warn john howard but no one would listen.

You have a nice balance of normie books and literature.
You'll get shit on for some of it though.

The skull is too edgy and try hard.

You should lose it.

>Hillary Clinton.

Hmm, really jogs my noggin.

>No Russians.

What kind of pleb shelf is this?

>skull
not even a human skull

>hillary clinton
needs to be on the top top shelf, between the english lit and philosophy compendiums.

Found the skull in my yard, I think its a goat.

there is literally nothing wrong with her

>inb4 muh emails
never has a horse been so dead

It's not a goat, it's a skull.

Boy, you need glasses.

>Muh Russia

Never has a horse been so dead.

There is literally everything wrong with Hillary you cuck. Given all the philosophy you have sitting there you probably just aligned your views with her because its the thing (supposedly) that people of higher intelligence do.

1/2
My genre stuff. Need a new picture because ive added 6 more novels by chalker. Getting close to finishing my collection of his books. Next picture has a signed copy of the scrooge mcduck biography.

2/2
More lit related on this side.

How many grand juries need to be investigating trump russia links before it's not a dead horse any more?

I bet you're glad you voted for the lesser of two evils though

>tfw /po/tards who call everyone cucks end up getting presidentially cucked by putin

t. normie who thinks he's smart and votes for he is told like a good goy.

>TFW your president leaks classified information to Russian officials but it's okay because Hillary deleted some emails

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.29e8955b01a2

Keep slurping up that Russian semen like the good American patriots you are :^)

I continue to covet that copy of The Exegesis of PKD.

>spending time reading about a fucking woman
pathetic. I'd sooner watch paint dry than spend time reading a book about some useless whore

no one cares frogposter

Is law worth reading for someone who likes classical literature? Sounds like it would usually be really abstract and boring. I prefer fiction.

MUH RUSSIA MUH RUSSIA

How many times have we heard this hysteria? Fuck off.