Will we be ever able to stop entropy and save the universe?

Will we be ever able to stop entropy and save the universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_and_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The universe is a four dimensional spacetime shape.
Would you try to save someone from the bottom of their feet? Or try to save someone from the top of their head? Boundaries aren't problems.

>Would you try to save someone from the bottom of their feet?
Is this really a good example? I'm pretty sure OP doesn't give a fuck how far apart the galaxies get, just that even our own will completely run out of useful energy at some point, even though that point is literally thousands of times further from us than beginning of the universe which itself was mind blowingly long ago...

Entropy isn't a problem. The only thing that could end intelligent life after a certain point is other intelligent life actively extreminating it, or itself.

In other words, we're here to stay for billions of years.

You use zero-point energy from the vacuum via Casimir–Polder force and then generate an electromagnetic field around your allotted space to combat heat death of the universe local to you.

Explain to me why you can't harvest energy from universal expansion. Just roll out a several light year long rope and harvest energy as the rope unravels due to dark energy driven expansion.

>inb4 you'll run out of rope eventually

Because of the inefficiency of the system, lots of it would be lost in friction and heat.

So what? All forms of energy generation have efficiency issues, that doesn't discredit the basic idea.

Also, wouldn't that be travelling at the speed of sound through the rope? That would mean it would take you an incredibly long time to receive any notification.

there is no such thing as entropy
it's as real as dark matter/energy, string theory or virtual particles

>how far apart the galaxies get
I'm not talking about an end in space, I'm talking about an end in time.
Everything has boundaries, the universe dying in the future is just a boundary on a 4D spacetime shape. it's already there, it's just located further down from where we are in time. There's nothing to stop.

Once again, that's just a practical issue, not a show stopper. The point is you can theoretically harvest energy from the expansion of the universe forever, meaning you can avoid eventual heat death.

Is this a troll?

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

>Will we be ever able to stop entropy and save the universe?

Is there any evidence against the idea that the universe itself acts like a harmonic oscillator, and eventually snap back to the point of the big bang just to start again?

This is literally the purpose of Live in the universe

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_and_life

right now.

This. Asimov got it right.

Well please explain why I'm wrong you dumb nigger. I'm expecting to be wrong here, but I can't see why, so if you know why I'm wrong then tell me.

When we stop believing bullshit somebody tells us...

What the entropy you talking about?

There is no thing such as default state of matter it's falling into, and you can consciously affect state it's going into...

Sorry, you've been lied.

Typically when people are talking about entropy and heat death they are talking about the trillions of years time frame, long after the last stars run out of fuel.

>science words I don't understand aren't real.

That dude looks so fucking high

>bullshit I made up on the spot with no evidence is real

The existance don't have any sense, so we don't need save our senseless universe.

I was going to say that