What's the deal with Murrikans and their hate of wine?

What's the deal with Murrikans and their hate of wine?

>But it's for fancy people
Pic related

>It's for girrrls
Sure right, the thing with more alcohol content is the pussy choice.

>I hate complex flavors
See pic related

Also, you guys aren't German. Deal with it

Murican here, I don't care for wine, but I'll drink it because I'm a borderline alcoholic. I think maybe I just haven't had a "good" wine, but then I hear stuff about "wine experts" not being able to tell the difference between cheap and pricey... so I'm not even sure if I'd care for the better stuff.

Still, I'm sure plenty of us over here do enjoy wine. I'm actually part German btw, but you won't hear me ranting about muh heritage so don't worry.

I just don't like alcohol at all.

But that's part of my point, wine is great for just wanting to get drunk, specially on cold days

Love me some Mateus. It's $9 here but considering Canadian prices it's a steal

As a merican, no one really bothers with wine. I mean I love the stuff and anyone worth their salt in a kitchen uses it. Unfortunately for the majority of the country they don't give a hoot. No one hates it, they just don't care.

Also cheap beer is advertised a 1000x more so...

The only wine I've liked was from a $60 bottle. I'm sure there's some cheap wines I'd like, but I'm not interested enough to go through the process of finding out.

>vinho verde isn't in your picture

Murican here. I keep wine for special events.

Why is it always americans with you faggots? Stop being obsessed with the caricature of our country and live your own life you faggot,

in other cases i would agree but whenever conversation is steered to wine, its ALWAYS some american cunt going ">t. alcoholic housewife, all wine same, pretension, grape juice vodka"

My bad, probably misread something because I'm currently drunk. Still not my preffered choice for drinking, I go with beer or liqour first definitely. It feels too filling and I prefer the taste of (most) beer. I'd definitely take wine over budweiser. Sambuca is what I'm drinking now, the patricians choice.

Stop with the obsessed meme please, it makes me cringe because it seems like you don't have a valid response and just replying with "OBSESSED" makes you seem like an angered child. At least you added more words around "obsessed" and didn't capslock, but this issue must be addressed. It's the lowest tier of memes and reflects poorly on Americans.

There is a town that has 5 or 6 wineries about an hour from where I live. It's great because Walmart will sometimes clearance them for $3 a bottle; spent about $50 and now I have an excuse to buy a wine rack.

you can find wine everywhere in america, where did you get this idea that americans do not drink wine

shitty california here

there's only wine and ipas here. I just want a good stout or porter is that too much to fucking ask for

you are obsessed.. we dont think about you AT ALL.

>I just want a good stout or porter is that too much to fucking ask for
Nigger the best stout I've ever drunk was from a CA brewery.

Try living in the South. People here are at least 15 years behind the curve when it comes to beer.

I never understood the appeal, it's such a strong sweet/sour flavor that I'll feel sick after more than 2 servings. I don;t understand how women can drink an entire bottle without vomiting everywhere, it's like people who get a soda, milkshake, and dessert at a restaurant.

Mostly I don't feel like getting "into" it after reading the article about "experts" not being able to distinguish drugstore wine from their top-shelf haunted monastery $80000 shit

I'm sure they have Guinness there, that's at least decent. Best stout I've tried, but I'm in an IPA shothole as well, so I haven't been able to try much. Guinness is my go-to beer whenever I'm briefly not a poorfag.

Please lern2reed posts, I'm murrican. And many of us clearly are obsessed with other countries. Spend 10 seconds on /pol/ if you don't believe me.

>Cheap wines under $10

Man, fuck that pleb shit. I only drink expensive wines under $10.

I've been at college parties in both Europe and South America. Making wine your drink of choice for getting wasted (and I mean nasty, boxed, purple diarrhea wine) is a perfectly valid option. I hardly see that happening in the States.

White wine is still for housewifes, tho.

.... I take that back because I just checked, they're all still in a frenzy because a fellow white person just shot up a bunch of people, and they can't have the fact that humans are shitty regardless of race surface there, so they're currently working hard at finding a unified narrative to push. Check there after the dust has settled and then you can find evidence of this within 10 seconds.

>Try living in the South

Not him, but I do, outside of Memphis a ways, and there are some kickass craft breweries here. It's a really big scene here with a number of damn good breweries. Memphis gets it's water from one of the best sources in the US, the Sands aquifer.

Old rasp is great but it's typically a one and done type deal. Can't really enjoy more after that because it's so thick and heavy.

burgerstani here. ive started trying different wine types to branch out and learn about them but theyre definitely not advertised anywhere near beer or liquor and most americans don't think about getting drunk off wine.

>college parties
Well there's your problem. Students in the US like to drink cheap shit. People sometimes get shitty boxed wine and play slap the bag, but otherwise they drink pisswater beer and hard liquor.

Most grown adults I know in the states drink wine plenty.

They associate it with Yuro snobs and pretentious gold diggers or they just grew up around beer or spirits.

I think you'd be surprised how much cheap wine costco sells in america

What? Americans love Yellowtail.

I get a nice vinho verde for 9 u.s. Bux here

Amerilard here, and that 2016 1.5 litre Yellowtail Merlot is pretty damn good for the price. I've been getting a case of 6 for @13.00 each plus a 10% case discount which basically pays the sales tax. Damn good wine drunk on the cheap if you ask me.

Can't even get it that cheap here in Australia.
I think it goes for about $6 a bottle here.

That's headache in a bottle. Vinho verde is better and often cheaper, even in the land of the leaf.

t. Alberto Barbosa

I work in a liquor department of a grocery store. We have, and sell, much more wine than we sell beer or liquor. Wine is a massive industry in America. What the fuck are you talking about, OP? Shit you know nothing about? Thought so.

>Murrikans and their hate of wine?
Unlike most "Do Americans really" meme posts, this one stands up to scrutiny. Most Americans have a knee-jerk disdain for wine (such people were known since ancient Roman times as "flyovers"). It is fueled by a since-discredited belief that mass produced rice beers, such as Bud Light or MHL, are somehow manlier.

>obsessed meme please, it makes me cringe because it seems like you don't have a valid response
be honest with yourself. it's almost always in response to shitposts without a valid assertion or question.

Sorry, I wasn't clear since I've had a bit of it tonight. It's $13.00/1.5 litre bottle and with 6 /case I get a 10% discount. But I'll reaffirm that 2016 Merlot is fucking good.

Yes, Satan, this is the correct usage for it. But I keep seeing more and more OBSESSEDposting just as a reaction to anyone talking about America. It implies that we(?)* can't take jokes or criticism, and that is not how I am nor how I want to be seen. I want to see us(?)* being able to take jokes and dish them back. If it's that low-effort, it's probably not worth posting.

*I assume you are also American, otherwise I would like my soul back please.

>this one stands up to scrutiny.
It really doesn't. Wine is very popular in the US. But obviously cheaper/shittier stuff sells in higher quantity. It's certainly true that certain areas have a preference for beer/whiskey though.

The majority of American Counties are dominated by people of German origin. While dry German reislings and gewurtraminers are awesome most of America's climate regions are shit for them. So that leaves beer/liquor as the only real recreational alcohol option,until big national companies take root and by then beers entrenched.

but white wine tastes better

>What's the deal with Murrikans and their hate of wine?
No idea. I live in NYC. Drinking wine is pretty common among most of the folks I hang with, and in more than half of the restaurants I go out to. I have several friends in the wine business, and I even was in it for a moment back in the day. It always makes me sad when I go to other parts of the country where the wine choices are few and shitty. But that is a lot of the country. Which makes me appreciate where I live so much more.